Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Southeast > Tennessee

Notices

Thread: The Horde RC CRAWLER EVENT Sponsored by Hobby Town of Knoxville

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2013, 10:58 PM   #1

Default The Horde RC CRAWLER EVENT Sponsored by Hobby Town of Knoxville

The Horde RC will be hosting its first CRAWLER EVENT in Madisonville TN on January 26th.

WHAT AND WHERE?

There will be a swap meet at 10am to 12pm at Kefauver Park in Madisonville TN and the crawler event will be held after that.

WHATS ALLOWED?

There will be both 1.9 and 2.2 races. The ONLY restrictions will be NO REAR STEER if your rig has rear steer it must be disabled. The races will be timed.

WHATS IN IT FOR YOU?

1.9 rigs first place- $25 gift card to Hobby Town

2.5 rigs first place- $25 gift card to Hobby town

If we have enough people to come out and race we may add to the prizes

WHATS IT GONNA COST ME!!

1.9 RACE $10
2.2 RACE $10
If you enter both races it will be $15 for both

Shirts and Decals will also be available at the swap meet.

So if you want to come out and show of your Rigs and see what they can do come and join us January 26th in Madisonville TN. Go to www.facebook.com/TheHordeRC for more details! If you have questions just shoot us an email from here or send a message to us on Facebook. You can also TEXT 423-836-5839 and TEXT ONLY please ( We have kids and work too lol) Can always call back if needed.

Kefauver Park is located on Hwy 411 south just past the Walmart in Madisonville. If you need directions just let us know on our site or email us at thehorderc@hotmail.com

SPECIAL THANKS to Gary and Kris at Hobby Town USA of Knoxville for helping!

Traxxas, Axial, RC4WD, HPI, Losi, ford chevy toyota 4x4 rc crawler
The Horde RC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-22-2013, 11:32 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: The Horde RC CRAWLER EVENT Sponsored by Hobby Town of Knoxville

how about some pictures of this place so we know what to expect? I did a little search and didnt see any rocks there. lets see'em!
ah_5500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 05:29 AM   #3

I texted these guys a couple weeks ago about the event and was told that their was 6 or 7 areas to run in this park. So a buddy and me decided to check it out last Saturday and didn't see an area that was good to run a comp. So now i am hearing the only thing that going to be in the park is the swap meet and then the comp is going to be at some other location ?? I guest we will see Saturday
cscraw2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 07:56 AM   #4
Rock Crawler

I won't see. Think ill pass and head to Northshore for the day.
ah_5500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 08:02 AM   #5

It was an ok event for their first one just a little to far to drive. Their was a good turn out I not sure of the truck count. I hope their next is a little closer.
cscraw2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 08:35 PM   #6

We are actually going to be having another event in Mid to last of March. Of course it was our first event and was not our ideal spot that we had intended for the event. But considering an ICE STORM had just hit on Thursday and was still very cold on Saturday we were more than happy with the turnout.

And yes there are several area's up on the river that a comp could be held at so I am not exactly sure where you went but I can tell you of three off the top of my head. I hated that everyone had to drive so far but at the same time we didnt want to postpone the event as well.

We didn't get an exact count on the rigs but we had 26 competitors all together. After an ICE STORM we would have been happy with 10 but the good lord blessed us with more.

Sorry for not being on here to check out messages guys but we've been very busy with getting everything ready for the event that I didnt think about checking back before then.

Anyway we hope to you guys at the next event and we are sure it will be closer.
The Horde RC is offline   Reply With Quote

The Horde RC CRAWLER EVENT Sponsored by Hobby Town of Knoxville - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Worst hobby shop in town! Franks Hobby hell hole bolibruch1 Arizona 26 10-07-2014 06:46 PM
hobby shops around Knoxville Atchley Tennessee 17 12-17-2011 10:02 PM
Rocklin hobby town crawler/race track now open!!!! Robbs2001tj California 3 03-19-2010 11:15 PM
april 19th down town greenville hosted by hobby town usa new2theclod Competitions 5 04-13-2009 05:36 PM
Hobby Town event Got Mud Chit Chat 2 07-19-2006 08:32 PM