Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Southwest > Texas

Notices

Thread: New Weekly Sunday Meet (El Paso, TX)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-19-2008, 09:15 AM   #181
Pebble Pounder

these are some pics of this last sunday, it was fun!

Is this what they mean by Torque Twist?!?!

We thought Cyrus broke the front axle, but the drive shaft set screw came loose.

Just a little pose with my finger in the way (Andrew i lost the one with your super in it, sorry.)

boost_aholic97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-30-2008, 12:05 AM   #182
Pebble Pounder

Hey guys just wanted to let you know that we are having a Halloween party on Friday. If any of yous are interested PM or call me.
And are you guys crawling this Sunday? I would of been out there this weekend but I twisted a front axle in half!! And I don't even have my Cobalt's yet! Well the upside is Duratrax has been very supportive and are spending me a pack of 4. I broke a aluminum link a few weeks ago and they sent me out the whole set, FREE.

Brian, it was good seeing you last weekend, (hope you didn't spend all your money)
Well hope to see yous guys soon

Andrew
vltchkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 03:31 PM   #183
Pebble Pounder

Well, this used to be a lively thread....

...Do yall still get together and crawl together? Once I get my crawler put together out here in Iraq and make it back to El Paso I look forward to hooking up with some other people into the R/C hobby and hanging out.
KROGOTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 12:16 PM   #184
Pebble Pounder

bringing this back up from the dead! if there is anyone in the area that would like to get this thing going again, cyrus and i are ready to hit it! i have been out of the game for a few years, so im not up-to-date with the current event kinda things, but we are ready to have some fun again. we went out on sunday for a few hours in the pm and had a good time! im rocking a scaler now and cyrus is still running the comp rig, but it would be nice to have the 5+ trucks out there again. we will be out there sunday about 4pm again if anyone wants to join in. same place, right behind the haskins center!
boost_aholic97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 08:39 PM   #185
Pebble Pounder

I would be up for coming out. I won't be in El Paso until early September though. I just have a question. Is this area accessible by a car that would be extremely unhappy if it's tires had to go on gravel? Because I know for a fact that my car wouldn't be a good choice if any kind of off road excursion is needed to get to the area.
JonU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 09:19 PM   #186
Pebble Pounder

Im in the area and trying to get back into R/C. I have a comp-style crawler thats good to go, and would definitely try to make a meet if some people want to meet up and play with big boy toys.

Thinking about doing a Ranger scaler too but I doubt I have the funds for that right now. Lets make this happen! If yo want contact into, PM me.
Old 06-02-2011, 02:58 AM   #187
Pebble Pounder

I've noticed that there is a North, East, and Central Texas club. Has anyone considered or tried putting together a West Texas club? Seems like there are places to go around El Paso after doing lots of digging in the Texas/New Mexico foums. Is it just that there aren't enough to make a club worthwhile around El Paso?
Old 06-02-2011, 10:17 PM   #188
Pebble Pounder

Thats the way it seems. As you can see from this thread this used to be at least semi-active but apparently everyone has fallen out of it. Besides, west Texas is kinda sparcely populated compared to the rest of Texas, at least online.

Im hoping to find a couple people into Crawlers or R/C in general. No point in having a comp style crawler if theres no comps to run it in!

Might try and get the VP dig unit I bought awhile back installed. Too bad my 3PM doesnt have a 3 position 3rd channel switch. :(
Old 06-03-2011, 03:02 AM   #189
Pebble Pounder

You can count me in come September. My unit is doing a BRAC move out there and will be reflagging. I've seen one guy out here with a mini revo as well as an emaxx. Then one of the guys I work with as well as one of our pilots have helicopters. Hopefully we can dig enough people up to get a little club or at least have get togethers on a regular basis. I've also been looking through the New Mexico section and there seems to be a pretty active group around Las Cruces. They even had a couple comps around the El Paso area. So if we can't find an active group we could always keep an eye on the New Mexico section and see when they are coming our way and possibly join them.
Old 06-04-2011, 10:36 PM   #190
Pebble Pounder

I spoke with a guy who runs a local R/C Shop, and there is a decently active comp crawler group. Going to my first comp tomorrow, and they will be sponsoring two slots for the state comp apparently. Pretty nifty.

Supposedly theres not a big scaler scene here but oh well. im gonna make mine anyways.
Old 06-05-2011, 01:24 AM   #191
Pebble Pounder

holy smokes batman, talk about dusting off a dead thread. Boost how the hell have you been? long time. I will be down at UTEP tomorrow crawling, hope to see you there!!
Krogoth this is Andrew (BrokeAssCrawler) nice to see you on this forum. see you tomorrow.
vltchkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 06:50 AM   #192
Pebble Pounder

Is the local R/C shop "Team Valdez Hobbies"? I know when I was looking at getting a Losi XXX-SCT a few people recommended it. I can't wait to get home and get this Wraith in my hands Already been finding info on areas back home in Tennessee. I'm hoping I can meet up with the group out there in El Paso once I get done with my leave.
Old 06-05-2011, 06:56 AM   #193
Pebble Pounder

One other thing, once i get there, we will have at least two scalers My goal is to make it a competent crawler. already got the order of mods for it:
1. Custom paint from Rockthrasher
2. HH Brushless outrunner
3. High torque steering servo
4. VP wheels/TSLs
4. 4+ channel Stick radio
5. Rear steer

The servo and wheels will happen when they wear out so that list is subject to some variance. Can't wait to meet some fellow r/c enthusiasts.
Old 06-05-2011, 07:05 PM   #194
Pebble Pounder

If youre going to comp it, rear steer is illegal in 2.2 class. :P Or is that list for your scaler?

Personally I want my Ranger to be just like a souped up DD, cheap but working electronics, and working/realistic suspension. If I get the F-150 body I was offered, its going to be a hardcore crawler/scaler build! Im psyched about both but they both are going to be slow, deliberate builds.

Anyways, there was a comp this morning and it went great. 3 good courses, and the bonus line was tricky. I pulled the high score for the day. Im a shitty driver, but my rig worked great!
Old 06-06-2011, 02:15 AM   #195
Pebble Pounder

Grats! I'm assuming that more points are good like most any other sport? The 4ws would be for scaler purposes. How many people made it? Have you thought about a roof rack or any other accessories?

I'm not real familiar with 1:1 offroading so i don't know how real 4ws is in a rock crawler, but i think it would be fun. Maybe have one axle set up for 4ws and another for no steering, then depending on the rules just swap out axles. Mine will be a pretty slow build as well. Going to start watching the classifieds soon watching for cheap deals. I do plan on getting the motor and the paint work as soon as i can. I've decided to get the HH Cobalt Puller and a Revolver black, if the puller doesn't fit i'll put the Revolver in there and keep the puller for some other use. a 7T puller will give me about 2800kv according the HH site. The Revolver black is something like 1100kv i think. I think either one would be great for this truck when crawling, provided the puller fits. If i want to go fast I'll put one of my two brushless motors in there.
Old 06-06-2011, 06:23 PM   #196
Pebble Pounder

Actually its lower the score the better.

Look around here, there are resources for 4WS, Im not knocking it at all. Just letting you know you cant comp with it.
Old 06-06-2011, 08:43 PM   #197
Pebble Pounder

Ok, well once i get there you will probably have some competition then I really like the idea of rear steer but if it keeps mee from being able to do a local meet i may leave it off. I also started a social group for DoD personnel and people living around a military installation to share places to crawl and organize little meets. It's called Military Rock Crawler Club. Figure it would be another way for military types to find people and places to crawl.