Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Southwest > Texas

Notices

Thread: Anybody from Amarillo/Canyon area?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2008, 09:00 PM   #1

Default Anybody from Amarillo/Canyon area?

Just purchased my first crawler yesterday. Have always been interseted in the crawling side of the hobby but never got around to it. Now I have and I'm looking for people with the same hobby in my area. I got a Losi MRC to get started with.
Blakeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-13-2008, 11:57 AM   #2

Come on guys... Nobody? Not even a few miles around there?
Old 10-15-2008, 09:49 AM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Blakeh, I would like to be the first to welcome you to RCC and the world of rock crawling.

The short time I have been on this site I have not seen to many from your area, Albuquerque, Las Cruces, and El Paso are the closest. If you go to the New Mexico region there is a post called San Ysidro, guys from Abq. Farmington, and Las cruces(me) are meeting up on the 25th of this month. Check it out and post up if you can make the trip.

Andrew
vltchkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 11:22 AM   #4
WVB
Quarry Creeper

I myself am from the Amarillo area..! Glad to see more people in this area are getting into this sport. There are about 7 or 8 people that I know of that crawl. The last time out we went to Palo Duro Canyon and had a blast..! We also have been out to the river which was fun but no where near Palo Duro lol...

In any event please stop by my shop during the week 10am - 12:30pm / 1:30pm - 6pm Monday - Friday. You can also catch me out at T-Anchor on Sat-Sun from around 11am - 3:30/4:30pm.

www.thevinylgarage.com

Am also trying to start up a crawl club call The 806 Crawlers at:

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...ndid=409670255

Looking forward to meeting up with you.

Thanks,
-Will

EDIT: Check out our last GTG at Palo Duro Canyon: The 806 GTG

Last edited by WVB; 10-18-2008 at 11:24 AM.
WVB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 11:28 PM   #5

In a way I wish i was from Amarillo. Palo Duro Canyon would be a great place to crawl. You can chase the tarantula's around.
turner3123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 09:18 AM   #6
WVB
Quarry Creeper

Now I have yet to see any tarantula's out there. I have seen them other places burrowing. I have also seen pictures of clusters of rattler's out there but have not seen any in person (knock on wood)... The place is incredible and just tons and tons of fun. The crawling areas is just about limitless. Well worth the whopping $4/person to get in. The place would make for one heck of a large scale comp for sure...

Quote:
Originally Posted by turner3123 View Post
In a way I wish i was from Amarillo. Palo Duro Canyon would be a great place to crawl. You can chase the tarantula's around.
Old 11-18-2008, 08:51 AM   #7

Let me know when you guys are going out to palo dura again. I would like to tag along and find some spots.
Old 11-24-2008, 04:18 PM   #8
WVB
Quarry Creeper

I sure will, I have been gone to FL for a week and just got back. My 2.2 F350 is still being put together but hopefully soon. I will let you know by posting here or on The 806 myspace page. A lot of times I get called and they are like we are going crawling wanna go. So its spur of the moment. Either way I will post when we go out for sure...
Old 12-21-2008, 05:23 PM   #9

Default Hey Guys

I am from Canadian in the Northeast Panhandle. I have an Axial AX10 Scorpon.
SpinCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 11:41 AM   #10
WVB
Quarry Creeper

Welcome aboard..! Please see post #4 for contact info. Generally GTG's are posted on those two websites before being posted here... We are currently trying to figure out a GTG (weather permitting)...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpinCrazy View Post
I am from Canadian in the Northeast Panhandle. I have an Axial AX10 Scorpon.
Old 01-27-2009, 09:26 PM   #11

Fritch here have around 4 buddies that like to crawle
dale3311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 09:54 PM   #12

is the hobby house going to do any competition. i heard he was
dale3311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 01:34 PM   #13
WVB
Quarry Creeper

You know I wish the Hobby House would get more involved for sure..! It would bring in a lot more people into our sport and be more profiting to them as well. I sure hope he is not going to have comps on the made up course they have at the Hobby House. Its just way to small. Not to mention no room inside the Hobby House for everyone to set up, etc. I would love to set a date for people to all meet up at Palo Duro for a GTG/Comp would be awesome for sure..!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dale3311 View Post
is the hobby house going to do any competition. i heard he was
Old 06-27-2009, 05:48 PM   #14
Pebble Pounder

also more on hand parts support, I'm all for going out and putting together a comp, or even if just getting a group together for the fun of it and going crawling and having AHH put new crawlers in touch with people that've been doing it for a while, can offer tips and ideas, stuff like that.

As far as running a comp out at the canyon, I'm not sure that they'd approve of it if they knew it was going on, "too much potential damage to the area" at least that's what I was told last time I took my savage out there....and got threatened with a fine because it was a "motorized vehicle".
dhyde79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 09:35 PM   #15
Rock Stacker

Default Update

Anyone up for some crawling?
brug33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 08:25 AM   #16
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by brug33 View Post
Anyone up for some crawling?
I am.....but, where is the issue....I've hit the canyon, and until I find new spots, it's not as much fun....

the river would be cool, but, I lack a full scale 4x4 to get back to where the good crawling is....

hit me up on here if you've got a choice spot and maybe we can go do some crawlin later if you've got the time....
Old 09-02-2009, 09:57 AM   #17
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhyde79 View Post
I am.....but, where is the issue....I've hit the canyon, and until I find new spots, it's not as much fun....

the river would be cool, but, I lack a full scale 4x4 to get back to where the good crawling is....

hit me up on here if you've got a choice spot and maybe we can go do some crawlin later if you've got the time....
Puttin together an pretty neat course at a freinds house, maybe use some input...likes dislikes, it will be pretty big and in town, just for fun right now, but would like to get a comp going someday.
Old 09-02-2009, 10:09 AM   #18
Pebble Pounder

sounds like a plan to me.....I've got a tweaked AX10 that's unfortunatly stuck in super class (cause I prefer 4WS to a DIG at this point, though, that'll eventually change to combine both) my neighbor does some 1:1 scale crawling and when we go out with it I try to take the lil one and see if I can beat his lines....surprisingly well on a lot of stuff....

here's an action pic from the last time we went to the river...
http://www.shadowrungamers.com/rc/im...tion/rock1.jpg

will PM ya with my cell, gimmie a shout, we're actually looking at maybe going to play this evening cause I've got another friend that never gets to go but wants to try one....
Old 09-02-2009, 10:02 PM   #19
Rock Stacker

TRIED TO CALL YOU TWICE....
Old 09-02-2009, 10:25 PM   #20
Pebble Pounder

seriously? I got one call, from a number that was scarily close to the wife's cell....did ya leave a message? if so, I never got it....strange....will give ya a shout next chance I get, maybe send a buddy over with the crawler and let him try the course....