Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Southwest > Texas

Notices

Thread: lookin 2 crawl this weekend

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2009, 03:38 PM   #1

Default lookin 2 crawl this weekend

hey guys, im a trucker and a rc crawler, im stuck in amarillo this weekend. if theres anyone in the area thats down to do some crawlin saturday shoot me a message!
skummdogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-16-2009, 02:16 AM   #2
WVB
Quarry Creeper

Oh man I live there but am in New Mexico this weekend at Route 66... Try going out to the river. Just take I-27 (Canyon Expressway) out towards Dumas. Some fun stuff there. The best place of course would be Palo Duro Canyon. I know some go to Medapark over by the hospitals...
WVB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 10:30 AM   #3

thanks, but my only problem is im in an 18 wheeler, cant really drive it anywhere. and of course it has to be raining out today
skummdogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 05:37 PM   #4
Pebble Pounder

Default a little late but.....

out at the river, unless you've got a full scale 4x4 you'll have trouble finding some that're good challenges.....we went out the weekend I got my AX10 and found some absolutely sick rocks, one was probably a 75 degree grade flat rock that was about 3 1/2 foot tall and the crawler made it up....

the canyon is the polar opposite, no shortage of places to crawl, but, most of it's a bit out of place unless you have a super class crawler (in size not in "competition rules" cause my AX10 will be restricted to super class in a couple days because of the rear steer and there's a bunch of stuff that's way too gnarly for something the size of an ax10 to try to tackle)

I've heard of some nice little rock patches down at medipark as well, but haven't gotten to try em, I also hear there's some choice climbing out in the "westcliff" area, but, I've yet to be out there too.

if there's any other spots I've missed, throw em out too cause I'm dying to get some good crawling in too
dhyde79 is offline   Reply With Quote