Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Southwest > Texas

Notices

Thread: North Texas R/C Rock Crawlers Comp Info Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-19-2010, 08:04 PM   #1

Default North Texas R/C Rock Crawlers Comp Info Thread

NTXRCC

NTXRCC is a USRCCA recognized club. For season 4 we will be holding 7 comps throughout north Texas. 4 of these comps are mandatory in order to qualify to compete in Texas State Finals where the Nationals invites will be awarded. Below are some quick links to threads that contain all of the information you need.

Rules

We enforce all USRCCA rules, for a complete list of rules, click here

We will run all 3 classes (depending on member participation). Typically we have the most competitors in the 2.2 class, followed by 1.9. Supers aren't popular in this area, but I have been told that a few members are building them. We will make all reasonable accommodations to allow you to compete with any vehicle that fits within the current USRCCA rules.

We will continue with our 2.2 Novice class this year. Click the link below for more information.

Novice Class Rules

Important Note!

All competitors will need to bring cash to the comp. You will be required to pay a $1 admin fee to get your score cards. You will also need to bring $4 per class, to pay the judge on each course $1. For example, if you are competing in the 2.2 and 1.9 classes, bring $9. If only the 2.2 class, $5. If all three classes, $13. Judges supplies will be provided for everyone to use.

Links

Season 4 Schedule

Season 4 Standings

Crawl Spots

Specific Comp threads

Comp 1

Comp 2

Comp 3

Comp 4

Comp 5

Comp 6

Comp 7

Last edited by whoodie; 05-24-2011 at 08:26 AM.
whoodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-19-2010, 09:31 PM   #2
dnf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova's Ark View Post
I think that is a great idea. The USRCCA should represent the people who compete in the sanctioning body. Competition is just that, competition. To determine the best driver that day. Less rules and more drive time would be so nice.

Some vendors want a pro shafty class because they sell dig units and don't want a shafty only digless class. So no matter what, there are a number of issues and politics at play right now. I hate to admit it, but the more I learn about the industry and those involved in it, along with the politics I see played out on a public forum dedicated to toy trucks just amazes & saddens me every week. If you push people around long enough, they finally just give up and walk away. This hobby is suppose to be fun and nice diversion to the daily rat race. The rules should promote that and allow for greater creativity. Not limit something in the hopes to draw in new people or appease certain companies. At the end of the day, when you give in to certain people or companies, it's the beginning of corruption and it loses the home grown support and momentum you once had. You can't please everyone either, which is why you have multiple sanctioning bodies for other RC genres.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCKEDUP RICKY View Post
Really, Backlash.

I voted body only based on the discussions the rule committee had. After the vote and all the talking going on now , I wish I would have voted the other way. I'm asking the rule committee if we should take another look at it.

Last edited by rock hard; 11-01-2011 at 10:20 AM.
rock hard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 09:52 PM   #3
AKA 2G's

Looks good . Nice job Whoodie.
86jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 09:37 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by rock hard View Post
So looking at the schedule,I'd say we wont be comping in november and december?
Correct, although we can fit comps in on the 3rd Saturday since the CTX season won't start until January. When we run 8-10 comp seasons, we start running into issues of going to the same spot more than once or twice. Just something to think about.

Quote:
What's the plan if we have bad weather one of our comp weekends?Are you thinking we postpone and make it up later,or drop it alltogether?
Some people have issues with a 1 week notice when we reschedule comps due to their employment. More than likely we will continue to drop the comp from the season if the weather forces us to cancel a comp.

Quote:
Oh,and thanks for all the work you do behind the scenes John.It's also nice to see when the other events are compared to our schedule.
My pleasure, glad you appreciate it. Keep in mind that not all big events have been added to the schedule (Goldendale, Nats, etc...)

Last edited by whoodie; 09-22-2010 at 08:11 PM.
Old 10-03-2010, 08:16 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Do you guys have any idea when a location for the first comp will be selected. I am new to crawling, but I am interested in coming out. I don't have my rig to the point that I am sure I want to compete, but I would like to come out.

Also if I do get everything ready what would I need to do in order to compete?

Thanks
Aggie01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 08:56 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian3323 View Post
Do you guys have any idea when a location for the first comp will be selected. I am new to crawling, but I am interested in coming out. I don't have my rig to the point that I am sure I want to compete, but I would like to come out.

Also if I do get everything ready what would I need to do in order to compete?

Thanks
I have a few ideas on where the 1st comp will be, I'll finalize the location this week. For future reference, keep all talk about a comp in it's individual thread. This keeps everything organized on the forums. Here is the link to the comp 1 thread.

http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/showt...87#post2644987

I highly encourage you to come out, we have a lot of seasoned veterans who are more than happy to help out if you need it. What truck do you have?

The comps are free, I organize all this in my free time. Similarly all the members of the club chip in and help. As a first timer we're not obligating you to anything, so just come out and have fun!

Last edited by whoodie; 10-03-2010 at 09:01 PM.
Old 10-04-2010, 07:33 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoodie View Post
I have a few ideas on where the 1st comp will be, I'll finalize the location this week. For future reference, keep all talk about a comp in it's individual thread. This keeps everything organized on the forums. Here is the link to the comp 1 thread.

I highly encourage you to come out, we have a lot of seasoned veterans who are more than happy to help out if you need it. What truck do you have?

The comps are free, I organize all this in my free time. Similarly all the members of the club chip in and help. As a first timer we're not obligating you to anything, so just come out and have fun!
I have an AX10 with quite a bit of up grades, but I would like to get a fastback chassis and a few other goodies before it will be comp worthy.

I am planning to come. Are kids welcome? I have 3 yr old son and a 4 yr old daughter. My wife works on weekends so they would most likely need to come with me, or spend some time with grandparents.

Thanks
Aggie01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 09:57 PM   #8
dnf

I heard that the warehouse is back in the mix,is this true?
Old 10-05-2010, 07:20 AM   #9

Quote:
I heard that the warehouse is back in the mix,is this true?
Negative ghost rider. It still has "No Tresspassing" signs posted.
Old 10-07-2010, 11:57 AM   #10
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian3323 View Post
I have an AX10 with quite a bit of up grades, but I would like to get a fastback chassis and a few other goodies before it will be comp worthy.

I am planning to come. Are kids welcome? I have 3 yr old son and a 4 yr old daughter. My wife works on weekends so they would most likely need to come with me, or spend some time with grandparents.

Thanks
Kids are no problem as there are usually lots of them running around. I would be a little concerned about 3 and 4 years of age though because the rocks are hard to walk on and pose a slip/fall hazard.
McTwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 12:23 PM   #11
dnf

Quote:
Originally Posted by McTwist View Post
Kids are no problem as there are usually lots of them running around. I would be a little concerned about 3 and 4 years of age though because the rocks are hard to walk on and pose a slip/fall hazard.
YES,especially minera wells!!
but big rocks,not so much.
Old 10-07-2010, 12:27 PM   #12

Location added to comp 1 post. Click the following link:

Old 11-09-2010, 05:13 PM   #13
dnf

It looks like they are letting water out of whitney lake to work on the dam.
The watet is getting low enough I saw rock again,still needs to drop another 3-5' I think to really open up the lines.

I'll do my best to keep an eye on the rocks.Once the water in low enough we should really try to work it in the schedule for a comp,or at the very least
a good gtg.
Old 11-10-2010, 03:54 PM   #14
dnf

drove over the lake this morning,and again at 4pm,the water is definatly droping,FAST.

If it keeps droping like this the water will be low enough by sat-sun I think.
Old 11-10-2010, 03:59 PM   #15

Quote:
drove over the lake this morning,and again at 4pm,the water is definatly droping,FAST.

If it keeps droping like this the water will be low enough by sat-sun I think.
Sweet!
Old 11-12-2010, 03:43 PM   #16
dnf

went over to check out the actuall location yesterday.
the water isnt as low as I was hoping,on my side of the lake the water is shallower,and is nearly dry. Here the water eeally needs to drop another 5' for a awesome comp spot. right now you have limited lines,and if the truck rolls down,its wet.

both sides of the dam have lines that are open now,not worthy of a long drive though. akso the work they are doing on the dam has an awfull smell.
Headach and hard to breath kinda smell,so that sux.

I would say the water is probably droping about 4" a day
thats alot,if there is no real rainfall this spot should open up very soon.
Old 11-22-2010, 02:56 PM   #17
dnf

The current schedule shows we are still on for january,is that correct?
Old 11-22-2010, 04:30 PM   #18

Quote:
The current schedule shows we are still on for january,is that correct?
Yes
Old 11-22-2010, 04:45 PM   #19
dnf

so 7 comps now instead of just 6?
Old 01-02-2011, 01:11 AM   #20
Quarry Creeper

Has a location been selected for Comp 3 in January? Being a novice, I'd like to be able to get a look at it ahead of time.
JustinThyme is offline   Reply With Quote