Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Southwest > Texas

Notices

Thread: Gulf Coast RC Rock Crawlers (GCRCRC)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-03-2015, 05:55 AM   #301
Rock Stacker

Default Re: Gulf Coast RC Rock Crawlers (GCRCRC)

You can show up anytime. It is not completed yet so if you go during the week the workers may be there working on it. But in the evenings and weekends is when we have been going.
It will not officially be open until August 18th but they do not mind if you go now.
It is in a city park and is free for everyone.
Let me know when you will be going and me and a few more may also go too.
ratrod63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-27-2015, 05:25 PM   #302
Quarry Creeper

What's the status on this place in Dearpark? I'm going to be in Houston next week. would like to check it out. I've never had a chanche to run on an actual course. Looks fun.
Waitwhatsthat? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 05:36 PM   #303
Gold Star Baby!

The current status is the course is awesome!!!

Here is the new thread

Deer Park,TX rock course

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Arjeeprider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 10:57 PM   #304
I wanna be Dave

Lol if only that course was a bit more 1.9 scaler friendly. At this point I've already sold my shafty rig, pro rig, 2.2 Wraith chassis, 2.2 KOH Lucifer chassis built by DMG, all 3 of my scx10's, 1.9 stretched cc-01, 1.9 TF2, and my 1.9 Tundra High Lift.

Only crawler rig I have left now is a 1.9 Wraith on scx10 axles with some VP stuff here and there with all the electronics from the 2.2 Wraith (Holmes BRXL/CC BEC, 7950TH, TorqueMaster 35T, and a semi loaded Wraith tranny 32p).

About how large is the entire area?

I do have a pair of new fully loaded Wraith VP Curries with VP titanium links, new GCM Cross Canyon chassis, loaded scx10 tranny, several MIP shafts and a rough 1/8 NB JK body....some 2.2 VP KMC wheels/tires plenty of SLW hubs too.

Could build a GCM chassis JK Brute running on Wraith Curries. Front motor mount, divorced setup, full interior, drop bed. Thing is just no terrain around here to really push our scale rigs.
alexchen86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 08:37 AM   #305
Gold Star Baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexchen86 View Post
Lol if only that course was a bit more 1.9 scaler friendly.
Not sure where this came from...
I have been running my 1.9 rigs there a lot! There are plenty of lines to test your skills and scale rigs for hours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexchen86 View Post
About how large is the entire area?
I would say the current area is about 50x75.

I would suggest taking your 1.9 rig out there and enjoy
Old 10-04-2015, 05:24 PM   #306
Quarry Creeper

I made it out there last week with my AX10 Deadbolt. My dig servo was broken, but still had a great time. Gonna be back in Houston in a couple weeks. Gonna hit up again, but this time with the dig working.
Waitwhatsthat? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 10:57 PM   #307

Just wondering if there is anyone in the Champions 1960 area interested in helping with new Crawler Course I have begun work on, I started off with a border system and next going to put up 4x4 post in order to place a shade system over it for those hot days. The general idea at the moment is to place a large mountain area with water feature. I have a 33 x 25 area at the moment but we can go larger.
gresults is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 01:30 PM   #308
I wanna be Dave

Well I have a loaded up 1.9 Wraith and a set of built loaded brand new assembled Curries with VP Titanium links...4 2.2 Rock Beast II's w/CI DD's on KMC XD-795's plus plenty of SLW hubs to run that chassis 2.2 or 1.9.

Sold my chromed out 2.2 Wraith kept the high end electronics to buy the Curries and titanium links to build up a 1.9 Wraith lol. Hmm....be nice to have easy axle swaps to run 1.9 or 2.2 but also would be nice to have some cash after a bachelor party that went waaaaaaaay out of control in Vegas last weekend and I literally lost my shirt at a strip club. Not even kidding.

Gambling lost $90.....girls and bottles you don't even want to know. I'll probably end up selling the brand new grey anodized Curries this week. Been eyeing this two tone HK USP .45 with 5 mags and custom hammer from a buddy of mine.

Money needs to start growing from trees I tell ya!
alexchen86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 07:13 AM   #309

I tried making a post last week but it never showed up. I'll condense this message as this is my first post on RCC but been viewing since '06.

Anyway, I just recently got my second hobby grade RC which is a Wraith. My first was a T-maxx back in '06. Can someone recommend a good LHS to the Houston area (north or east preferred) that is well stocked in Axial parts, accessories and knowledge? I got the RTR but I have spent more time tearing it down and building it for crawling that actually crawling it.

I work right across the river from your local Loves crawling spot and grew up right across the hwy from your Shady CC spot - that was before the Beltway was there though.

Thanks in advance for any replies and support.

Michael
Texfire75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 09:50 AM   #310
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texfire75 View Post
Can someone recommend a good LHS to the Houston area (north or east preferred) that is well stocked in Axial parts, accessories and knowledge? I got the RTR but I have spent more time tearing it down and building it for crawling that actually crawling it.
I haven't found anywhere local yet that carries much Axial stuff honestly. Victory down in Deer Park has a handful of spare parts, hobbytown has a very basic selection.

RPP and CKRC get things to me in 2-3 days depending upon how lazy USPS is being that week
FaustKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 12:47 PM   #311

Thanks. I just got back from Colorado yesterday and had a chance to stop in at The Crawl Space outside Denver. Man what a store. I only wish we had one like that around here.

I've found a couple really nice crawling spots up by where I live (Porter/New Caney area) of some drainage ditches along a creek with large rocks placed to prevent runoff. Passing over the bridge it looked like a good mix of dirt and rocks. Going to try to go check them out soon.
Texfire75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 10:31 AM   #312

What's up guys? I am totally new to this and looking for a group to start crawling with. I have a POS Exceed but will step up if I can find some people.
I am in the Deer Park/La Porte area and go to Lake Livingston at least once a month, so any where on the 59 corridor is an option.

I have found a few spots that have some rocks and am scouting for some trails.
Manchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 05:33 AM   #313
Gold Star Baby!

Welcome!

Well, you have found some people...

We have a couple of groups in the area, one is at Deer Park and the other is around Spring. The Deer Park group is where I hang out the most but both groups run frequently! The DeerPark Crawler course is a great place to meet up and run your rig.

Here are a couple of links to Facebook pages that post information about crawling...

https://www.facebook.com/DeerPark-Cr...8833262577970/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/755433704536522/
Old 05-05-2016, 11:06 AM   #314

Thanks! I drove by the Rock Park last night. I grew up down the street from there. Going to take my son and try it out Saturday morning.

I look forward to learning the ropes.
Old 05-16-2016, 12:30 PM   #315

I went to the crawler park with the newly acquired Honcho on Sunday. I guess they had a run on Saturday because there were still gate markers left on the rocks. Needless to say, I need some practice at this!
Old 05-20-2016, 10:34 AM   #316

I will be out there Saturday morning about 10.
Old 06-06-2017, 08:16 AM   #317

Went and played at the UTB location yesterday with my stop son. Figures I'd find out about a good wheelin location 10 minutes from my house the week before I move. Still planning on coming back. Again, had the whole place to ourselves. Wasn't surprising since the weather was nasty. What did surprise me was that I kept losing signal with my crawler under the bridge. I thought T-FHSS was supposed to not have those problems. Oh well. It was fairly fun, but I also managed to damage my dig unit. At least, the rear driveshaft is wobbling pretty badly. I'll probably wait until after the move to tear it down and contact Hot Racing about replacement parts. The sand dune area wasn't particularly exciting, might be better with a faster truck, but my Wraith probably tops out around 10 mph and all the weight is in the axles, so it's not particularly good for bashing. The rock garden was fun. I'll have to lay out some gates next time though.

My stepson snagged a few photos with his iPhone.

0029-06-05 23.53.31_2 by Toe_Ball, on Flickr

0029-06-05 23.53.31_4 by Toe_Ball, on Flickr
ToeBall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 05:33 AM   #318

Hello guys I used to do some crawling years ago when axial came out with the first ax10 , looking to get back in to it with a scaler. I live on the south side of Houston(Pearland) and having trouble finding any good spots
kicker1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2022, 08:01 PM   #319

Quote:
Originally Posted by kicker1 View Post
Hello guys I used to do some crawling years ago when axial came out with the first ax10 , looking to get back in to it with a scaler. I live on the south side of Houston(Pearland) and having trouble finding any good spots
Spring Creek up in Tomball

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
BruceWaite13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2023, 03:30 PM   #320
Rock Stacker

Just jumped back into comp crawling. Is anyone from back in the day still on here?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
JSSOUTHTX is offline   Reply With Quote