Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Southwest > Texas

Notices

Thread: Yeti

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-27-2014, 12:27 AM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default Yeti

Got a phone call today saying the yeti's will be at victory hobby shop this friday.
michael is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-27-2014, 08:10 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Yeti

Fool me once, shame on me......fool me twice....shame on......well fawk you.
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 04:19 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyH View Post
Fool me once, shame on me......fool me twice....shame on......well fawk you.
.... That was a good one though.
Old 08-27-2014, 04:50 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

That it was....
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 05:22 AM   #5
Pebble Pounder

Tower Hobbies has recently received merchandise you had on back order. We have promptly shipped the item from Champaign, IL (US) by way of UPS GROUND
MAVERICKJK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 04:31 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAVERICKJK View Post
Tower Hobbies has recently received merchandise you had on back order. We have promptly shipped the item from Champaign, IL (US) by way of UPS GROUND
What?
Old 10-23-2014, 12:29 AM   #7
I wanna be Dave

I still have no idea why the Yeti is getting so much hype. I hope it doesn't perform anything like the Exo axial released. I spent one night building it, then one night paint and upgrades plus a little scale detail....drove it literally 5-7 minutes threw it up on RCC for sale. Sold literally in a few hours guess the guy really liked my style of detail and the fact he didn't have to build it.

I'll wait to see what the verdict will be and what upgrades people will eventually turn it into something wicked. And what?! Just 4 months later they release an 1/8 version.....what are they doing over there?! Horizon is just after straight profit with in sense of responsibility to the enthusiast paying several hundreds I RTRs when the junk electronics are worthless.

I think they need a serious slap in the face. You can afford to do this type of nonsense with bashers but definitely not scaled out works of art that underperform because of the incorrect electronics to truly make it shine! Like throwing a Civic motor into a Ferrari.....
alexchen86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 12:41 AM   #8
RCC Addict

I agree till you say "into a Ferrari". It's no Ferrari. If it was then there wouldn't be so many plastic parts issues and people crying. Instead they're spending more on parts than they paid for the rtr truck. If it was such as you say then I'd pay twice asking price minus motor and esc and add my own.
CrawlinMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 04:36 AM   #9
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrawlinMike View Post
I agree till you say "into a Ferrari". It's no Ferrari. If it was then there wouldn't be so many plastic parts issues and people crying. Instead they're spending more on parts than they paid for the rtr truck. If it was such as you say then I'd pay twice asking price minus motor and esc and add my own.
I completely I agree with you. Granted Axial has beefed up their plastics to be a bit thicker, smoother, and beefier but will only hold up to their RTR electronics for maybe a handful of 2s packs.

That's why there's so many other vendors on here always building, engineering, fabbing stronger materials, custom work just to make the Axial crawlers able to withstand quality electronics.

Such a shame even the new scx10 kits all have plastic links and plastic rod ends with plastic balls. If you're handy with brake line and all thread throw on some Revo rod ends with steel balls and you are set for the most part...

I remember my first release scx10 nothing ever broke on that rig I just polished the stock aluminum neon green links to bright stainless threw on beefier rod ends with steel balls and eventually beefed everything else up until only the axle housings were the only Axial plastic left besides the shock hoops and body mounts....

It was the red Tundra Tcscrawlers out up few months back...unfortunately I didn't win anything and they used it without my authorization
alexchen86 is offline   Reply With Quote

Yeti - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Yeti, Set, GO!!! FastEddy Bearings for the Axial Yeti FastEddy Axial Yeti 13 04-21-2015 07:33 AM
water yeti.. calling all yeti owners going2fast Axial Yeti 11 11-02-2014 05:43 PM
Yeti CKRC Hobbies CKRC Hobbies 0 07-30-2014 11:11 PM
Axial Yeti corporatelemon Wisconsin 24 06-22-2014 07:32 PM
Axial Yeti? 2-shot Chit Chat 25 06-17-2014 10:35 AM