RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Texas (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/texas/)
-   -   New Crawler Group Lubbock, TX (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/texas/524892-new-crawler-group-lubbock-tx.html)

Sevastra 02-04-2015 12:02 PM

New Crawler Group Lubbock, TX

The guys over at Hobby Town USA in Lubbock, TX are putting together an indoor crawler course in the store, and are looking to start either a monthly or bi-weekly gathering & crawl session. Course isn't looking bad so far, multiple levels with various terrains. :mrgreen:

At the moment there's several people interested, a few of which (or so I was told) frequent these forums. I plan on getting more involved, and I hope those of you in the area will be as well. While there's no website or official forums for the Hobby Town USA location, there is a Facebook page for the "Lubbock Hobby Town" store.

Info I've gathered so far:

Either a Monthly or Bi-Weekly gathering.
Run what you brung.. No official rig types, etc.
The owner of the Lubbock Hobby Town store is very interested in getting this going. Seems knowledgable too on everything.

If you wish to stop by and see for yourself the store is located at:
4909 34th Street, Lubbock, TX 79410

fxman 05-27-2015 07:29 AM

Re: New Crawler Group Lubbock, TX

A little late but.... I am in! I went by there the other day and saw what they where building. Looks pretty tough. I have several rigs that I would love to test there - and share the hobby with more people in this area. Any updates?

U TURN 10-12-2015 08:10 PM

My name is Glenn W, I recently moved to Lubbock, Looking for other rc crawler
enthusiast, any still here in Lubbock ?

fxman 10-12-2015 08:20 PM

Yes Sir! Finally someone replying :-) Let's get together some time! Which end of Lubbock are you at? I live in the south past 98th and Indiana.
If you are new in town: There is a hobby shop at 4909 34th, that has an indoor crawling area set up, but I never went over there, since I felt kind of awkward there by myself...

Sevastra 10-30-2015 09:17 AM

I'm still around, just haven't been active on the forums lately. Busy with work. :mrgreen:

My 13 year old cousin is interested in crawlers, and I recently bought him a wraith off the for sale section, expecting it in next week. Getting mine put back together while I wait.

We should meet up one of these weekends, go do some crawling. "thumbsup"

U TURN 01-31-2017 12:45 PM

Just wondering did all those intrested in R C crawlers in the Lubbock area die ?

fxman 02-02-2017 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by U TURN (Post 5659415)
Just wondering did all those intrested in R C crawlers in the Lubbock area die ?

kind of... I lost an aunt, my grandmother AND my dog last year.
Wasn't in really the mood to go out anywhere, sorry.

But: I'm still interested in meeting sometime, okay? Like, next week? Haven't been driving the tiny trucks in a while....

Hatman 02-03-2017 02:22 PM

Count me in too. I've got an Ax-10 that I've actually never run. But want to.

U TURN 02-05-2017 10:34 PM

best place in lubbock is in buddy holly park . at the north end of park there is a
man made waterfall and short stream bordered by LARGE rocks,running under the road then dumping into lake . north end of park just south of 289 loop
the reason I was asking about rc crawler hobby is I have several custom built rc crawlers I am no longer using , looking for potential buyers. If you might know of anyone my ph num 214 545 2202 U TURN
where are you guys located ?

fxman 02-06-2017 06:35 AM

You mean this spot (panoramic distorted shot):
http://i1334.photobucket.com/albums/...psgelutb2k.jpg

The only spot I can think of too! But a nice and compact one :-)

fxman 02-06-2017 06:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by U TURN (Post 5662626)
best place in lubbock is in buddy holly park . at the north end of park there is a
man made waterfall and short stream bordered by LARGE rocks,running under the road then dumping into lake . north end of park just south of 289 loop
the reason I was asking about rc crawler hobby is I have several custom built rc crawlers I am no longer using , looking for potential buyers. If you might know of anyone my ph num 214 545 2202 U TURN
where are you guys located ?

By the way, I'm all the way on the other end of town on 103rd.

U TURN 02-07-2017 11:25 AM

Yes that is the right spot. We are not far apart, I live in the 8600 block of knoxville ave. Tried to meet up with you about a year ago but you had gone to N M. Looks like we may be the only ones in this area.

Hatman 11-27-2018 01:34 PM

Let's set a plan for a bring-um fun crawl at Hobbytown.

fxman 11-27-2018 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hatman (Post 5887420)
Let's set a plan for a bring-um fun crawl at Hobbytown.

This thread is alive!
Pretty cool little stack of rocks they have.
I am in!

BaconNinja 01-20-2021 10:23 AM

Anything ever come of this? Getting my first RTR crawler in today and would love a community to learn from.

fxman 01-20-2021 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BaconNinja (Post 6064137)
Anything ever come of this? Getting my first RTR crawler in today and would love a community to learn from.

Welcome :-)
No new news here - but if you have questions, feel free and ask - I'll try to help.
Also, there seems to be a small group of RC people I found on facebook: "Wild West Rock Crawlers (Lubbock)" - I'll try to meet them on Sunday. They meet at "Dunbar"

Miatardo 06-29-2021 01:38 PM

I live in the Austin Area now. But i oftentry and think of places to take a crawler when i Visit Lubbock. Not much comes to mind as flat as it is lol.

The only place my brain could pull up was the llano estacado lake area on the north side of town, and a few deserted Caliche/dirt pits we use to dirt bike in...

I may have to hit up the group here next time i plan a visit..

chaffinstj 04-06-2022 08:11 PM

I’d be willing to make a trip up there If this is still going on…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk