Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Southwest > Texas

Notices

Thread: Get Together; 04/06/2019; Crawler Innovations; Ayala Metal Works; Activated Outlaw

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2019, 07:45 AM   #1
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

Default Get Together; 04/06/2019; Crawler Innovations; Ayala Metal Works; Activated Outlaw

Gavin and I (Edmundo Ayala) will be driving and filming RC cars on April 6, 2019 at the White Oak City Park in White Oak, Texas.
Start Time 9:30AM

Park Address:
500 E. Magnolia St.
White Oak, TX 75693

Park Web Site:
https://www.cityofwhiteoak.com/depar...oak-city-park/

The courses will be set based on the rc vehicles in attendance. So whatever the majority of the group has to drive, that is what we will run. No one will be turned away, and every RC will have a chance on course.

Based on our last two Get Togethers, fun was had by everyone, and more people are showing up. The March Get Together had three Competition course and three Activated courses.

Consider this your formal invite to stop by, drive your RC car and meet other hobbyists. This is not a competition or full blown event. This a get together with focus on driving and visiting. I hope to see you there and possibly get your RC car on camera.

Score Sheet that will be used:

Here is a link to YouTube for the full length (2.5hrs) video that Gavin made of the March Get Together. It is complete with a introduction and overview, along with every run from the day. This section does not allow embedding;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMATgSpns1c

#crawlerinnovations #ayalametalworks #activatedoutlaw #doubledeucefoams #deuceswildwfoams #lilnovafoams #compcrawler #scalecrawler #rccrawler
Nova's Ark is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-07-2019, 12:37 PM   #2
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

Default Re: Get Together; 04/06/2019; Crawler Innovations; Ayala Metal Works; Activated Outla

Thank you to the brave few that came out for the Get Together yesterday despite the stormy weather. We finished three Competition 4x4 courses and had started on the first Activated Small Tire course when the heavens opened up. Everyone packed up and left for dryer conditions. I wasn't able to return the score sheets to the drivers due to the hasty exit caused by the rain. Since I have them, I will post the scores & times later.

I took several photos of the event;

Tommy on course, Competition 4x4

Tommy on course, Competition 4x4

Jamie's custom painted 6 Bolt Wheels turned out great:

Jamie's custom painted 6 Bolt Wheels turned out great:

Paul on course, Competition 4x4;

Old 04-07-2019, 12:47 PM   #3
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

Default Re: Get Together; 04/06/2019; Crawler Innovations; Ayala Metal Works; Activated Outla

More pictures;
Also, thank you to Gavin for filming the runs. Thank you to Jamie and Paul for helping out with score & time keeping.

On course with Paul in Competition 4x4;

Bill's Losi;

Tommy's A Bomb;

Jamie's custom Bender AX-10;

Old 04-07-2019, 12:53 PM   #4
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

On course with Bill;

Practice time for Paul;

Old 04-08-2019, 08:48 AM   #5
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

More photos from Saturday's Get Together;
These ten photos are on course with Jamie and his first built competition 4x4. After attending two Activated Outlaw Get Togethers, Jamie built this rig himself using SCX10 axles he had for a scale build, found a used BENDER SWX chassis on the RCCrawler forum, made his links, and basically used whatever extra parts he had for it. It is a budget build for a first time comp crawler and watching Jamie build this rig brought me back to 2006-2007 when rc crawlers were all custom built. Yes they were more difficult to acquire parts for, but a person always felt the satisfaction of completing a custom project and taking pride in the work. That ingenuity and creativity is what RCCrawling is about for me. Jamie even found a way to color 6 Bolt Wheels from CI and the finish is holding.

Jamie is proof that with some research and time invested, anything is possible. If you are interested in rc comp crawling, there is nothing to it, but to do it. Come out to an Activated Outlaw event and see what it sparks in you.

Old 04-08-2019, 09:16 AM   #6
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

Tommy's Almighty Malach
built "A Bomb"

On Course with Paul;

Tags
activated outlaw, ayala metal works, crawler innovations, double deuce, lil nova

Get Together; 04/06/2019; Crawler Innovations; Ayala Metal Works; Activated Outlaw - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Get Together; 04/06/2019; Crawler Innovations; Ayala Metal Works; Activated Outlaw Nova's Ark Crawler Innovations 8 04-09-2019 11:33 AM
Get Together; 03/02/2019; Crawler Innovations; Ayala Metal Works; Activated Outlaw Nova's Ark Crawler Innovations 5 03-27-2019 10:22 AM
Get Together; 03/02/2019; Crawler Innovations; Ayala Metal Works; Activated Outlaw Nova's Ark Texas 7 03-27-2019 10:19 AM
Get Together; 02/02/2019; Crawler Innovations; Ayala Metal Works; Activated Outlaw Nova's Ark Crawler Innovations 25 02-17-2019 08:26 AM
Get Together; 02/02/2019; Crawler Innovations; Ayala Metal Works; Activated Outlaw Nova's Ark Texas 4 02-16-2019 10:48 AM