Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Tires and Wheels

Notices

Thread: Memory Foams Weights Kreepy's and Memory Makers

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2008, 11:28 AM   #1
RCC Addict

Default Memory Foams Weights Kreepy's and Memory Makers

Well i made the investment and bought a pair pf Kreepy's and a set of Memory makers

so far i have only installed them but not had the chance to test them out on the rigs

Star cut stock foams on Moabs

Pink Kreepy's on Moabs

Star Cut Stock Foams on Mashers

Memory Makers on Mashers

chivas72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-20-2008, 10:57 AM   #2
On the lookout for Rocks

Kreepy's are pretty dense.....numbers don't lie
constantmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 12:08 PM   #3
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by constantmotion View Post
Kreepy's are pretty dense.....numbers don't lie

While true that numbers don't lie it's not that simple to understand which numbers mean what when it pertains to crawler tire inserts. Our foams "Memory Makers" are a high quality, 5lb pcf (per cubic foot) density, memory foam. Density is not a measure of firmness, stiffness, or load bearing capacity. It is not related to pore size, i.e., coarse pore and fine pore. It also does not pre determine exact rebound rates. These characteristics are determined by Indentation Force Deflection (IFD), which we'll keep to ourselves. I still will not run down any other vendor's products that are out there. And to give credit where it's due Kreepy's were the first as far as I know. We simply offer another option for hobbyist. Understanding the numbers is going to be your job in the end. Much like 4 link geometry. We have some guys here that have it down to state of the art, and some who could care a less as long as it works.

David
Xtreme Rc Hobbies

Last edited by insanerc; 02-20-2008 at 03:31 PM.
insanerc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 01:44 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

Why didn't you weight the two memory foams with the same tires? eg. pinks with moabs and memory makers with moabs? The mashers and the moabs proabably weigh different amounts. They are also on different rims. Any weight on the pink alone and the memory makers alone? Without weighing apples to apples what is the point of the post? And what were the measurements for both foams? I'd like to know cause I just ordered a set of memory makers

Last edited by miller; 02-20-2008 at 01:48 PM.
miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 01:56 PM   #5
Rock Stacker

how can you make an argument about that Miller. the Moabs were at a disadvantage being on a plastic rim. the mashers were on aluminum ones which would be heavier.so i don't see how your point could be valid.
ksully is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 02:20 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

I'm not really making an argument I just want to know the real weight difference between the foams. Either weigh them alone or with the same setup. I'm not saying that the memory makers could way more it's pretty obvious that the kreepy's weigh more like you said. I would have liked to have seen how much more they weigh that's all...and with the different setups you can't tell...so what's the point of taking these measurements you could probably hold them in your hand and say which one is heavier
Old 02-20-2008, 02:41 PM   #7
RCC Addict

both are on the the RC4WD narrow beadlocks

what i did notice is that the kreepy's are huge i almost thought they wouldn't fit in the moabs

i will do the inverse and weigh again just to post the info

this thread is not to compare or prove anything is just an infromation so you can see the weights which might help you decide which foams you like best if weight is an issue
chivas72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 03:40 PM   #8
RCC Addict

I guess no one read anything I posted above:-(; oh well. I will tell everyone right here straight up that our "Memory Makers" are lighter than the Kreepy's and designed to be that way. We prefer the ability to fine tune wheel weight, with weights, and not predetermined amounts. Again, it's really just all about what you want. The Kreepy's, Ace's Donut's, and our own "Memory Makers" are all fine products.
Old 02-20-2008, 03:51 PM   #9
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by miller View Post
Either weigh them alone or with the same setup.
He gave with/without measurements. That gives you the weight of the foam versus the stock foam.
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 04:03 PM   #10
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by insanerc View Post
I still will not run down any other vendor's products that are out there. And to give credit where it's due Kreepy's were the first as far as I know. We simply offer another option for hobbyist.
Quote:
Originally Posted by insanerc View Post
We prefer the ability to fine tune wheel weight, with weights, and not predetermined amounts. Again, it's really just all about what you want. The Kreepy's, Ace's Donut's, and our own "Memory Makers" are all fine products.
Well put.

No matter how you slice it, memory foams make a world of difference. Wheel hop is reduced and rebound is kept in check. Just don't get them wet. I am really glad I got into the foams myself because I have learned a lot about traction and rubber compounds also.
FrankyRizzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 05:10 PM   #11
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyH View Post
He gave with/without measurements. That gives you the weight of the foam versus the stock foam.
I was looking for the difference of weight between the two memory foams and the measurements of the foams. I'm just curious how big the difference is. I know which one is heavier I was wondering by how much...everyone knows the memory maker foams are lighter.
Old 02-21-2008, 08:48 PM   #12
Quarry Creeper

I find it funny how some people on here get all pissy about people copying product, but everyone seems to be ok with copying Kreepy's foam.

Why is that...??

IB..
I B RACIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 11:49 PM   #13
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by I B RACIN View Post
I find it funny how some people on here get all pissy about people copying product, but everyone seems to be ok with copying Kreepy's foam.

Why is that...??

IB..

Wow, did I miss something here? Maybe I'm misinformed but I thought NASA invented memory foam to ease the g-force during liftoffs. Anyway, I do give Kreepy props for having the idea to use memory foam for tire inserts, as I clearly stated above. It was a great idea! It was also a great idea to use it in mattresses as well as pillows. Lord knows how many companies use it for that. When we talk about people getting upset about copying it is normally more design specific than material. An example would be that all of our crawler tires are some compound of rubber. Either synthetic, natural, a mixture of the two and other chemicals, it's all rubber to us be it good or bad. It's the tire designs that spark debate. Now we see a whole lot of RC based crawler tires closely imitating 1:1 tires. I don't hear a lot of the RC guys complaining honestly. The scale guys love them.

I started making axle C's for TLT's a long time ago. I thought I was the first and I did produce and sell these. When brand X came along I was pretty upset at first. This was clearly a design issue in my eyes. With time I let it go and stopped worrying about it. Hell, people said competition is good for the consumer. Not sure I'm in a place to argue with that.

I also designed a torsion chassis some time back that I thought was rather original. I came to find out the hard way that it was too much like the "Pimp Slap" (I believe that name has changed). Well in this case I saw the design and did agree that mine was too close. I dropped it on the spot and never looked back.

It may be another point of interest to some. I have been a song writer for many years now. I've never really tried to have anything published but participated heavily in critique forums. Trust me when I say that anything that even remotely resembles another's writing is subject to being stamped as plagiarism. While this is true there are thousands of songs about drinking, love, cheating, etc.

I don't expect to resolve anything with this post. Respectfully, I'm not trying to add fuel to any fires either. This is an issue that will go on long after we are gone. You're entitled to your opinion. Others are as well.

David
Old 02-22-2008, 12:04 AM   #14
Rock Crawler

Well said InsaneRC. I hope some people read it twice, you did a great job explaining the diffrence between to copy someone's product, or to compete with or get inspiration from it.
H3RESQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 01:34 AM   #15
Quarry Creeper

I think people should stop making tires and rims round because everybody is copying it.
dirtyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 02:01 AM   #16
Quarry Creeper

Mine is not so much an opinion, more of an observation. And while I never said Kreepy invented memory foam, it has been argued that that the application of a technology can belong to someone, True or not I don't know, just an observation.

It does not matter to me, but as you know its a common thing around here, and I just found it odd that no one was crying copy, maybe that’s a sign that things are getting better in that respect. because I do beleave that competition is good for the consumer.

IB..
Old 02-22-2008, 04:52 AM   #17
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by miller View Post
I was looking for the difference of weight between the two memory foams and the measurements of the foams. I'm just curious how big the difference is. I know which one is heavier I was wondering by how much...everyone knows the memory maker foams are lighter.
Well, the difference between the Kreepy and the stock star is 0.18 lbs and the difference between the Memory Maker and the stock star is 0.05 lbs, therefore, the difference in weight between the two foams is 0.13 lbs. If all you need is the difference in weight, it does not matter that he measured them on different tire/rim combos.
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 05:45 AM   #18
I wanna be Dave

Last time I checked there is a big difference in price. I can send a little time dealing with wheel weight if performance is similar.
Stormin2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 08:01 AM   #19
Quarry Creeper

Also, the Memory Makers come as a circular cut foam versus a strip of foam like the Kreepy's. I like the fact that the Memory Makers are uniform and won't have a potential gap, overlap or inconsistent compression from adhesive to glue them closed.
skellyo is offline   Reply With Quote