Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Tires and Wheels

Notices

Thread: Official Release

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2008, 08:25 AM   #21
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2JSC View Post
Pro-Line's Flatirons are based off of BFG's Mud Terrain KM2 tire.
Yeah, looks like a mix of the new BFG MT and Maxxis Trepador Comp. I like it!
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-18-2008, 08:55 AM   #22
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by severed701 View Post
we are still trying to get a set of hammers here...whos ass we gotta kiss to get a set shipped this way?? and when can we expect to get flat irons? i realize you said they are shipping..but like i said we still cant even get hammers here
Hmmmm.....first of all.....where is "here"?
What I'd suggest is to speak with your local hobby store and tell them to order in some Proline products for stock. It is up to them on what to order in and which distributor to get it from.
If you don't have a local hobby store in your area, contact some of the vendors here on rcc, like RPP, as they stock all Proline products and can ship some to you directly not matter where "here" is.
DirkDigler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 10:51 AM   #23
RCC Addict

Nice looking tire, it's clear to see that the extra spacing between the lugs will help a lot. Keep up the great work Pro-Line
insanerc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 10:56 AM   #24
I wanna be Dave

Memory foams for free, nice job Proline! I take it these are the same memory foams being used in the Hammers (i.e., fast responding)? As I plan on using these tires on my rock racer, a faster responding memory foam may be just the ticket.
ecoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 11:02 AM   #25
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecoli View Post
Memory foams for free, nice job Proline! I take it these are the same memory foams being used in the Hammers (i.e., fast responding)? As I plan on using these tires on my rock racer, a faster responding memory foam may be just the ticket.
Yes...the same Proline memory foam is being used in the Flat Iron. I have found that due to the more firm and quicker reacting nature of the Proline foam, it is best used in M3 compound tires.
In an m2 compound tire, I have had success with both the Proline foams as well as Ace's Memory foams but have chosen the "Ace's in most cases". Several factors come into play with both foams, such as climate, altitude and terrain.
Old 04-18-2008, 01:01 PM   #26
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirkDigler View Post
Yes...the same Proline memory foam is being used in the Flat Iron. I have found that due to the more firm and quicker reacting nature of the Proline foam, it is best used in M3 compound tires.
In an m2 compound tire, I have had success with both the Proline foams as well as Ace's Memory foams but have chosen the "Ace's in most cases". Several factors come into play with both foams, such as climate, altitude and terrain.
Makes sense. I use the Ace's in my comp rig and love them. However, for rock racing, I would think a quicker reacting foam with harder tire would be better. I can't imagine higher speed runs with "flat" tires would turn out so well.

In all honesty, the flatirons will likely suck on the local river rock we crawl on around here, but they'll look great and perform well on a rock racer (at least that's my hope). For a true comp tire for my area, the M2 badlands are unbeatable.
ecoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 01:15 PM   #27
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecoli View Post
Makes sense. I use the Ace's in my comp rig and love them. However, for rock racing, I would think a quicker reacting foam with harder tire would be better. I can't imagine higher speed runs with "flat" tires would turn out so well.

In all honesty, the flatirons will likely suck on the local river rock we crawl on around here, but they'll look great and perform well on a rock racer (at least that's my hope). For a true comp tire for my area, the M2 badlands are unbeatable.
However, a slow reacting foam will dampen the jumping and bouncing associated with rock racers. So it's a fine line.

I thought my M2 Flat Irons would not do well on a local course here in CO(Finishline RC). It is built from large granite boulders and some lava rock. The tires hooked up really good there, even on the slickest surfaces, which was a surprise. It pulled some lines that my Hammers could not.
Old 04-18-2008, 01:23 PM   #28
I wanna be Dave

I will for sure have M2 and M3 Flat Irons early this coming week.

You international guys will have to contact me via E mail to order. I am sorry the site is on US based. I hope to change that at some point.

Thanks Corey
RPP Hobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 05:20 PM   #29

Talking

Tower has them & mine are shipping Monday!! I can not wait.
grodo_00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 05:47 PM   #30
I wanna be Dave

got mine ordered
Unimoger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 06:12 PM   #31
Rock Crawler

Now that we have like 3 new proline tires for 2.2, can we please get a 40 series now, PLEASE!
Ooops, did I say that out loud?
My bad............
Rocksmith Eng. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 06:34 PM   #32
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocksmith View Post
Now that we have like 3 new proline tires for 2.2, can we please get a 40 series now, PLEASE!
Ooops, did I say that out loud?
My bad............
Personally, I still think the Super Class is too volatile to put a bunch of time, effort and money into new products for it. Just my opinion. I also think things are going to change in the Super Class, necessitating different size tires than currently seen today.

However, if I were to design one, I would make it very similar to the Flat Irons tread blocks, spanning across the tread area... but make the lugs more like short badlands type. It would be flat and square also on the tread area. Lots of lugs to bite forward and for sidehilling but still have enough void to grab ledges. It would be only in M2. Basically, a cross between a Flat Iron and a Badlands about 6 inches tall and 2.75 wide.

Any other ideas out there???

Last edited by DirkDigler; 04-18-2008 at 06:51 PM.
Old 04-18-2008, 06:55 PM   #33
~THE SCALE SHOP~

agreed. we need more than ONE tire for the super class. i personally would like to see a flat-iron/ masher combo/mix
no hallow lugs for super class. (ie claws and some of the hammers.)

please proline seriously. sales would be out the roof. when a new 2.2 class tire comes out probly 50% of the people will buy/try them. if a new super class tire came, you can bet you couldnt GIVE away all the sets of XLs that would be in the forsale section
STANG KILLA SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 07:00 PM   #34
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by crashfab View Post
After studying a # of tires and watching how they work--I don't think these will be a good comp tire... Now if they took the lugs--made them hollow (like a losi) then I think they will work...
I am going to try these out, I pre ordered a set of M3's from RPP.
DUDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 07:15 PM   #35
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirkDigler View Post
Personally, I still think the Super Class is too volatile to put a bunch of time, effort and money into new products for it. Just my opinion. I also think things are going to change in the Super Class, necessitating different size tires than currently seen today.

However, if I were to design one, I would make it very similar to the Flat Irons tread blocks, spanning across the tread area... but make the lugs more like short badlands type. It would be flat and square also on the tread area. Lots of lugs to bite forward and for sidehilling but still have enough void to grab ledges. It would be only in M2. Basically, a cross between a Flat Iron and a Badlands about 6 inches tall and 2.75 wide.

Any other ideas out there???
I think a 40 series M3 Hammer would work at the same size as the current Moab Xl's. Pro Line could band the inside of the tread face too to keep the lugs from folding over and possibly go with just a little less lug depth too. They could also band the side walls like their 2.2 Gladiator tire. We all now the M3 compound is soft, so why not have a tire made that will hold it's shape like a M2 but have the traction performance of a M3 ?

Banding the tread face in the inside will not hurt the performance of a tire if you think about it. The side walls would still flex plenty good and with the weight of a Super and the tread would still conform around rocks you would think.

At least a M2 compound tire like this would be better than nothing.

It would be a win win for us crawler guys and the nitro monster truck guys who also need a stable tire for high speeds with some banding incorporated into a new design.
DUDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 08:48 PM   #36
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUDE View Post
I think a 40 series M3 Hammer would work at the same size as the current Moab Xl's. Pro Line could band the inside of the tread face too to keep the lugs from folding over and possibly go with just a little less lug depth too. They could also band the side walls like their 2.2 Gladiator tire. We all now the M3 compound is soft, so why not have a tire made that will hold it's shape like a M2 but have the traction performance of a M3 ?

Banding the tread face in the inside will not hurt the performance of a tire if you think about it. The side walls would still flex plenty good and with the weight of a Super and the tread would still conform around rocks you would think.

At least a M2 compound tire like this would be better than nothing.

It would be a win win for us crawler guys and the nitro monster truck guys who also need a stable tire for high speeds with some banding incorporated into a new design.
If it were M3, the lugs would have to be really, really short......which not might be a bad thing. Super trucks can be heavy!
Old 04-18-2008, 09:24 PM   #37
RCC Addict

okay okay, looks good but wheres the 1.9
dirk379 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 03:00 PM   #38
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirk379 View Post
okay okay, looks good but wheres the 1.9
On it's way, apparently
Mad Scientist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 04:33 PM   #39
I wanna be Dave

I'm going to need more wheels that's plain enough.
Stormin2u is offline   Reply With Quote