RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Tires and Wheels (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/tires-wheels/)
-   -   Official Release (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/tires-wheels/115526-official-release.html)

DirkDigler 04-17-2008 09:45 PM

Official Release

of the Flat Iron

www.prolineracing.com

jimecm 04-17-2008 09:52 PM

Yeaah!

Szczerba 04-17-2008 09:57 PM

Might be a dumb question but who was first (or does it matter), proline flatirons or the rc4wd rock crushers? The treads look very similar. Just a thought. Good lookin tire though.

JavelinSST390 04-17-2008 09:57 PM

SWEEEEEEET!!!!!

Any ETA for In-stock status anywhere on the M2's?

BTW, Who the hell is Pete Bach?

jagg 04-17-2008 09:58 PM

Nice side wall profile, and looks like easy clean lugs. Thanks Proline "thumbsup", guess it helps to have an insider :lol:.

EeePee 04-17-2008 10:01 PM

Pete Bach, self-proclaimed rock crawler extraordinaire.

:lol:

DirkDigler 04-17-2008 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JavelinSST390 (Post 1148081)
SWEEEEEEET!!!!!

Any ETA for In-stock status anywhere on the M2's?

BTW, Who the hell is Pete Bach?

4-15-08 shipping date. Already shipping!

Pete Bach.....? No clue.:lol::lol:

Sparky J 04-17-2008 10:31 PM

I would love to see these offered in max size. Seen them in person and they are sweet"thumbsup"

STANG KILLA SS 04-17-2008 10:36 PM

agreed javalin, who will have the M2s or M3s first (with the memory foams)

RPP Hobby 04-17-2008 10:38 PM

Very soon guys "thumbsup" Looks like M2's coming first I beleive

crash 04-17-2008 10:41 PM

After studying a # of tires and watching how they work--I don't think these will be a good comp tire... Now if they took the lugs--made them hollow (like a losi) then I think they will work...

JBHardwear 04-17-2008 10:48 PM

Will be ordering me a set"thumbsup" They will look good on the bronco:)

BlueMonster 04-18-2008 12:33 AM

Looks good so far, good job Pro-Line... again!

2JSC 04-18-2008 01:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shane_744 (Post 1148080)
Might be a dumb question but who was first (or does it matter), proline flatirons or the rc4wd rock crushers? The treads look very similar. Just a thought. Good lookin tire though.

RC4WD Rock Crushers are based off of BFG's Krawler tire.
Pro-Line's Flatirons are based off of BFG's Mud Terrain KM2 tire.

I do have to say Dirk, the site is MUCH nicer than the old version. Kudos.

severed701 04-18-2008 01:10 AM

we are still trying to get a set of hammers here...whos ass we gotta kiss to get a set shipped this way?? and when can we expect to get flat irons? i realize you said they are shipping..but like i said we still cant even get hammers here

Rockcrawler 04-18-2008 02:22 AM

This is what we needed at the ECC. Looks like it will work great on slick rock.

RCMFMaxxMan 04-18-2008 02:39 AM

Pete, Why is it that when I look at that apron I get this disturbing image of you wearing it and nothing else, sitting in front of your computer, touching proline rubber and staring at proline products :lol: don't tell me that that apron is your most proud of creation

Oze30 04-18-2008 04:23 AM

Rpp, I can't get into the checkout as I'm from the UK, and it doesnt like the state/province!!!! Help!! Been trying to preorder these tyres bt can't!!!

DirkDigler 04-18-2008 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RCMFMaxxMan (Post 1148364)
Pete, Why is it that when I look at that apron I get this disturbing image of you wearing it and nothing else, sitting in front of your computer, touching proline rubber and staring at proline products :lol: don't tell me that that apron is your most proud of creation

Disturbing... indeed.

DirkDigler 04-18-2008 08:22 AM

Here is my detailed report that will appear on the Proline website.

Flatirons M2 (9.5)
The Flatirons M2 is the newest tire from the Proline camp and was designed to look great and work equally as well. The tread pattern is closely modeled after many of the 1:1 Rock Crawler tires designed for hardcore Jeep drivers today. Simply put, they were the best slick rock tire we tested and were completely surprised by this outcome. The super aggressive tread pattern was superior on the steepest ascents that we could throw at them. While the Hammer outperformed the Flatirons at a slow churn crawl, nothing could top the Flatiron once throttle was applied. If the tires began to slowly slip on any obstacle, a quick blast of throttle propelled the rig forward every time. The kerfs (molded sipes) in the tread blocks aid in their side hill ability and keep the tire stable on the tread surface. The tread area does not crown, even when mounted on a narrow wheel giving the Flatiron the flattest tread area of any tire we have tested and believe that it aids in side hilling, as well as traversing all other varying terrain. When the tread does start to fold during extreme side hill situations, the huge squared off shoulders and sidewall lugs pick up traction and keep the tire stable and moving in the right direction. One aspect that deviates from normal tire design are the relatively short center tread lugs. These flat, shorter lugs minimize flex as other tread lugs tend to do, maintaining total control and eliminating LFO. When these lugs bite, they bite hard and do not let go until ready. The voids and long tread blocks are large enough to get the truck over all ledges and the M2 compound seems to be the perfect fit for this tire. The large voids also helped in cleaning as well as any other tire we tested, although we only got into some minor, sandy mud. Our conclusion is that the Flatiron was the slick rock champion!