Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Tires and Wheels

Notices

Thread: General Consensus ?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-15-2009, 04:44 PM   #1

Default General Consensus ?

So I've done a lot of research and I think I know the route I wanna go but I wanted to ask opinions and see what the general consensus of the pros is. I have a Axial AX10 and I'm running Losi rock claw tires. It seems that everyone wants a little firmer foam in the rear. So what I'm gonna go with is the NWTT Hybrid foams (memory foam in center and reg foam on sidewall for sidewall support) from TCS. Number 8 (softer) in the front and the number 5 (firmer) in the rear. My questions are these. Does this sound like a good setup or should I maybe go with the regular memory foams and should I use the number 8's in the front and rear or number 5's front and rear or is there anything better that someone can recommend. Again, please don't flame me cause I've done a lot of researching and I'm pretty sure the direction I wanna go, I'm just asking a general consensus question. I'm a newb to the sport and don't have many people around to ask or try out my theory with. Thanks again for the responses.
mkinnett1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-15-2009, 06:24 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

i for one do NOT run memory foam...mostly cuz i like to run in the winter and fall, and in cold weather memory foam is as flexible as a brick.

That being said there is no general consensus on foam setup, if you ask 100 people you will get 100 best setups...
nj05nismo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 10:16 PM   #3

Default Not A Bad Choice.... But

The rock claws are a great tire and you can't go wrong with them, but I would suggest looking into a taller tire for the AX10. I have found that something like the Chisel by Pro-line or the Rover by HB really give you an advantage due to the taller height, almost a full 1/2" tall than the rock claws. Regarding foam, I have found that a tall memory foam that firms up the tire case a bit combined with the larger tire is a great tire setup...Just my -98cents worth...
JFuel11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 06:14 AM   #4

I actually plan on going to the Rovers in the future. Thats what my buddy has on his but the Rock Claws came free in the package deal that I got from someone. They were brand new and never used. Right now, I don't plan on doing any comps so these will work for now. I'm actally pretty happy with the way it climbs now. It does anything I want it to as far as backyard and just toying around. I can actually climb a little better than he can but I think that thats just my setup otherwise. For the price I paid, I couldn't have gotten a better deal on thses tires, so rill rhey wear out, I will be using these and upgrading everything else first.
mkinnett1 is offline   Reply With Quote