Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Tires and Wheels

Notices

Thread: Deuce Nova's and Lil Nova's Dual stage foams!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2009, 07:45 PM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default Deuce Nova's and Lil Nova's Dual stage foams!

I was lucky enough to score a set of Eddies 1.9 and 2.2 dual stage foams to try out. I got them mounted up right away so I could give them a run. For the 2.2's I am running them in a set of white rovers on DNA Snipers beadlocks. They are installed on my Slingshot Berg that weighs 6lbs 4ozs. I run 35t Holmes motors on 3s lipo.
Just to give a base line I was running proline dual stage foams in the same tires and wheels before installing these.

I took my rig out and ran a pack through it on my test pile and all I can say is WOW!!!!!!! These foams are the answer I was looking for. They conform to the rocks like no foam I have ever tried, and trust me when I tell you I have tried everything out there. The inner foam on these is super stiff. This stage is perfect for keeping the tires sidewalls from moving at all. I can now side hill like a champ. I never knew a 5.5" tall tire could keep its composer like this. Guys I hate to say this about anything but these seem to be the end all be all foams for comp rigs. They just flat out perform any insert I have ever used. I will be buying several more sets to install in every tire I have in my 2.2 arsenal.

Now for the Lil Nova's! I have a DNA SSS chassised losi running a Trinity Cobalt 16t pro handwound motor with a custom set of Anger Inc. Beadlocks. I made a set of narrowed and cut and shut M3 Proline hammers. I was running panther mems full diameter cut in half in each tire. So basically 2 full foams were used to fill 4 tires. I thought I had the best foam setup for this rig. That was until I installed the Lil Nova's dual stage 1.9 foams. Right off the bat I noticed the tires seemed to keep there form on my ultra narrow beadlocks. Before they seemed to walk in and out some but not now. The outer foam is super soft to let these sticky meats conform to any surface. They fill the tires perfectly. I got the rig out on the rocks and these foams made there presents known immediately. I was able to climb an undercut ledge that was impossible before. I credit this to the inner firm foam keeping the rear tires from collapsing like they used to. This little rig side hilled very well before but now it stays perfectly planted. It didn't move down at all and held its line like it was on rails. I was in aw and had to run that line over and over because I just couldn't believe what I was seeing. I thought I wanted to try a set of panther cobras on my mini but now I am confident that my M3 Hammers are going to do the job and get me in the winners circle.

I can't say enough about these foams. They far exceeded any expectation I could have had for them. No more second guessing my lines. I am totally confident that I have the best performing setup anyone could ask for now. I will be gathering up all my other foams and getting rid of them to make more space on the shelf. I recommend these foams to anyone that wants to have the best performance out of there tires possible. Not only do they work flawlessly but they weigh nothing and a huge plus is the fact that they are open cell foams so you don't have to worry about the temperatures changing there characteristics. Thank you Eddie for taking the time to design these foams. You have a customer for life here.

I was to busy enjoying the wheeling to take any pics but I will be sure and get some up in the next day or so.

Last edited by bigflex; 10-06-2009 at 09:46 PM.
bigflex is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-06-2009, 07:59 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

So, you don't like them much

Glad to see the positive review, I have a set on the way and the weather is getting colder.

Bye-bye memory foams and piecing together foams.
chevellian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 08:17 PM   #3
R2j
SORRCA Committee Member

I just picked up a set too. So far I'm impressed and haven't even had them on the rocks yet. Way better feel than the Prolines. I'll get to try them this weekend, looks like they're just what I was looking for.
R2j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 08:18 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigflex View Post
Guys it hate to say this about anything but these seem to be the end all be all foams for comp rigs. They just flat out perform any insert I have ever used.
Same thoughts here!! Except I'm running them in a set of Panther Leopards, but the foams still kick all the other foams I've tried to the curb... Or the table I guess. The old foams are now going to be beer coozies
HomerJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 08:25 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

Nice! I have a set on the way as well.
phillyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 08:51 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

I just got mine mounted and it's been raining for 2 days so they are untested on the rocks but the "feel" factor is very interesting and different from anything I've tried in my Rovers so far. Glad to hear such a nice review bigflex.
Stormin2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 10:50 PM   #7
RCC Addict

Great review. Can't wait to try these out myself.
BigB_117 is offline   Reply With Quote