Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Tires and Wheels

Notices

Thread: what tires and wheels for super class?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2010, 08:53 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Thumbs up what tires and wheels for super class?

hi all,
i want to know what is the best wheel and tire combo meaning work the best for super class rig? thankss
k20man is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-19-2010, 09:26 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Lately it seems custom made Plowboys are what most of the super drivers are running around here... But I am starting to see custom made Rovers now too, and I am sure it won't be long before someone makes some Leopards. 40 size (3.2") wheels are the norm but bigger wheels are legal to... As far as wheels I would just go with what you think looks good on your rig, and how much you want to spend.
megacabcummins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 10:47 AM   #3
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by k20man View Post
hi all,
i want to know what is the best wheel and tire combo meaning work the best for super class rig? thankss
First you need to know what size hex you have (12mm, 14mm, 17mm, 23mm etc.) and what offset you want to get the width to what you want it to be.

Then you need to decide what wheel size you want. 3.2" is the minimum size and wheels range up to 4.5" in dia with varying hex sizes and offsets, so make sure you get the outside daimeter you want with the correct hex and offset. If they don't have the right wheels for you, you can buy some wheel adapters which will widen your rig more, so you'll have to pick a different offset.

Then you need to decide what tires you want to run. The best off the shelf super tires are the RC4WD 4.0 Rok Lox and the proline Moabs XL's, but if you really want to compete at the top level you'll need to cut up some 2.2 size tires and modify them to fit your new rims. Be sure to take into account how tall they are going to be on the new wheels to make sure they aren't too tall for your rig.

Good luck!!!!

(if you can't tell, this is what I think is the problem with the super class right now, too many options and no companies willing to develop anything till there is a standard wheel size)
engineerjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 11:03 AM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Usually something custom made on 3.2" or 4" wheels. I have done plowboys as well as 7" tall 40 series rovers, losi claws and panther leopards. All on narrowed 1.8" wheels. Sedona's have been super sized as well. Making another set of 7" tall leopards for JWalker right now.

But yeah, as mentioned above it's shelf bought Moabs or 4.0 Rox Lox. Or custom made plowboys. And some 40 series wheels.
Szczerba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 11:47 AM   #5
I wanna be Dave

since i didnt have much left to spend on mine i got some cheap maximizer beadlocks and 7" imex soft rubicons and they have worked better than some moabs ive seen
benoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 09:53 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

Just like how I feel in the 1:1 world, it's all about tire diameter and having low gears. I ran 180:1 in my jeep and loved it. So, on my new super I am trying the rok lox 4.0 I hope to have it running this weekend and I will post up how I like them. Can you say, TALL, 8.62"

Here is a link to my build... As you will see, the top of my tires is above my chassis. And all of my ride height is from my tires.

SUPERJUICE V2 LOWBOY, Agama's 2010 Comp
Agama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 06:10 PM   #7
Rock Stacker

That's what I run on my RC4wd Killer Krawler, 8.62" Roc Lox.

They stick quite well, much better than my previous RC4WD 8.26" Rock Crushers.

Don't get me wrong, I still like the Rock Crushers. They seem to be a different compound, that's all.

Harry
Old Sloppy is offline   Reply With Quote