Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Tires and Wheels

Notices

Thread: "Crovers"

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-16-2010, 11:37 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Default "Crovers"

Hmm I am looking at my partly worn Pro-Line M2 compound Crimefighters for my truggy and am thinking "would it be worth it to try and make a tire out of them and a rover" My own spinoff on "haters"... only reason why I ask is I am thinking the idea will work or will all of you just say "go make it yer self and see"

I am thinking of picking up another set of rovers for cheap from like TCS when they come in stock so I can justify hacking these up
Crawling Calvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-17-2010, 09:06 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

I'd say go for it Custom tires are to much fun to make and you won't know until you try it. Keep us informed.
Stormin2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 09:11 PM   #3
RCC Addict

Just what I was guessing () My plan is to "for temporary" chop them down to the size of Rovers and slap some foam in and see what they can do. If I like that... ill do a full blown cut n-shut. But before any of that, I will throw my Gladiators on and see what they can do, stiff lugs... hmm worth a try

Aah I love making custom stuff. I am still thinking of making the Haters since I don't want to tear my truggy's crimefighters up... JUST yet
Old 06-18-2010, 09:59 AM   #4
RCC Addict

Custom tires are always worth trying...if they suck, toss em or cut em up and try again...but when you discover somethin amazing, its soooo worth it!!! I run quite a few different custom tires and have a different tire for most situations...plus its fun to do!
Matt
66sprint6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 12:19 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

I made a set of Haters and they totally kick major ass you won't regret it.
Stormin2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 06:29 PM   #6
RCC Addict

I forgot to add I did "take the center bead" out on my crimefighters once so I do "know what I am doing" My goal is to make my tires a tad narrower than the stock rovers and see if I can pull it off with as few crimefighters as possible. my fronts are going, but who says you can't try them on the crawler, and my rears are fine

The compound (M2) still seems sticky so if I can find grip on loose dirt... I should find grip on rocks. I am ALL OVER Haters, well see, I am debating the Sedona bandwagon so
Old 06-19-2010, 12:11 PM   #7
RCC Addict

Well I got started on it and lets say this, my skills were a TAD rusty but I think I am getting it I just realized a friend of mine may have some crimefighters in the M3 compound instead of M2 (running now, it feels a bit stiffer than the white compound of rovers ) so I did a feel test of my M3 bowties (1/10) and they feel right on compound wise.

Lets say that I am going to make this work, one way or another