Thread: Pro-Line TSL Super Swamper

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-02-2010, 04:10 PM   #101
Rock Stacker

these will be my next set of tires!!!
RBCcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-02-2010, 08:58 PM   #102

Only the 1.9 will be released in two weeks. The 2.2 will be released in August. Thanks everyone.
gerardo proline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 09:15 PM   #103
RCC Addict

Nice I can deal with august as a release date..

Last edited by FRENCHBLUE72; 07-03-2010 at 07:50 AM.
FRENCHBLUE72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 10:21 PM   #104
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerardo proline View Post
Only the 1.9 will be released in two weeks. The 2.2 will be released in August. Thanks everyone.
any info on the compound?
scalers need the sticky stuff!
irok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 10:32 PM   #105
I wanna be Dave

awesome... will they be G8 compound??
sloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 04:18 AM   #106
Rock Crawler

Quote:
What size are you looking at for the 2.2s?

Will it be similiar to the 2.2 Flat irons?
mascman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 08:01 AM   #107
RCC Addict

Awesome, I'll definitely be picking some of these up.
canadianbacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 10:24 AM   #108
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Hey Guys,
Here are a few more pictures of the 1.9 Interco Super Swamper in action with the logos on the sidewall. I have also included a side by side shot of the Super Swamper and Flat Iron. Here are the dimensions on both tires.

Super Swamper - 1.50 x 4.30
Flat Iron - 1.52 x 4.20

We are looking to release the tire in 2 weeks. Thanks.

i love the tire, had full plans on buying 2 sets of them for both of my trucks, but really wish they were atleast as tall as the rokloks. for some reason i thought the flat irons were only 4 " wish these were 4.5 " like the loks
jbeane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 06:56 AM   #109
On the lookout for Rocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbeane View Post
really wish they were atleast as tall as the rokloks. for some reason i thought the flat irons were only 4 " wish these were 4.5 " like the loks
Yeah, me too. We are laking some 4.5" 1.9s.
constantmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 10:41 AM   #110
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by constantmotion View Post
Yeah, me too. We are laking some 4.5" 1.9s.

mine still has the stock flat irons, and it does great,,,, but the past couple times out, my buddy has brought his with the 4.5 inch loks on it, and the extra height makes a world of diffrence.

the rokloks dont seem to have the grip in dry dirt, cause he couldnt get up a couple places i could, it hasnt rained here for over a week, so the creek bed was extremely dry.

but in the spots where we had to get the first tire up on a rock, his did it effortlessly, where mine was against the bumper.
Old 07-05-2010, 10:47 AM   #111
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
mine still has the stock flat irons, and it does great,,,, but the past couple times out, my buddy has brought his with the 4.5 inch loks on it, and the extra height makes a world of diffrence.

the rokloks dont seem to have the grip in dry dirt, cause he couldnt get up a couple places i could, it hasnt rained here for over a week, so the creek bed was extremely dry.

but in the spots where we had to get the first tire up on a rock, his did it effortlessly, where mine was against the bumper.
are you joking? rok loks kill in dry dirt! they dig it up, ive been rutting up my trails with them and its bone dry, so much that they are making tons of dust! the flat irons stright suck in dry dirt, look at the tread pattern the rok loks will work better in dry because they dig in not sit on top and spin because they are so close together. IMO rok loks are way better than flat irons ill try these if they are G8 not that crappy m2

Last edited by 2500hdon37s; 07-05-2010 at 10:49 AM.
2500hdon37s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 11:25 AM   #112
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2500hdon37s View Post
are you joking? rok loks kill in dry dirt! they dig it up, ive been rutting up my trails with them and its bone dry, so much that they are making tons of dust! the flat irons stright suck in dry dirt, look at the tread pattern the rok loks will work better in dry because they dig in not sit on top and spin because they are so close together. IMO rok loks are way better than flat irons ill try these if they are G8 not that crappy m2

umm, no not joking. his wouldnt climb as well in the dry dusty dirt. he had to get a run at certain spots.

im not saying the irons are better. if the tsl tires dont perform then i'll be buying the rokloks. the main thing that helps the loks is the height.

i do agree that the tread blocks on the irons are a bit close together. ive been tossing around the idea of cutting them a lil. just cutting the little blocks out of the center all the way around
Old 07-05-2010, 11:52 AM   #113
RCC Addict

I remember that a buddy of mine had a set of original SX's on his Chevy (I can't remeber the rear... late 60's I'd imagine) and I fell in love with the sidewall tread

He said the sidewalls alone would get through some nasty stuff, wonder if these will be any different...
grob23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 11:59 AM   #114
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
umm, no not joking. his wouldnt climb as well in the dry dusty dirt. he had to get a run at certain spots.

im not saying the irons are better. if the tsl tires dont perform then i'll be buying the rokloks. the main thing that helps the loks is the height.

i do agree that the tread blocks on the irons are a bit close together. ive been tossing around the idea of cutting them a lil. just cutting the little blocks out of the center all the way around
i think these will be much better than the flat irons, they have a more open tread pattern on the out side that will dig in well in the dirt while the sipped center will hold well on side hills and on the slick rock, and open rock will grab ledges and more pourus rock better, these might just be the new 1.9 go to tire

i will try a set on the same wheels, same weight, same rig and test them against the rok loks and flat irons for a good review on rock (few diffrent types), dirt, mud, trails, and on logs

Last edited by 2500hdon37s; 07-05-2010 at 12:03 PM.
2500hdon37s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 01:02 PM   #115
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2500hdon37s View Post
i think these will be much better than the flat irons, they have a more open tread pattern on the out side that will dig in well in the dirt while the sipped center will hold well on side hills and on the slick rock, and open rock will grab ledges and more pourus rock better, these might just be the new 1.9 go to tire

i will try a set on the same wheels, same weight, same rig and test them against the rok loks and flat irons for a good review on rock (few diffrent types), dirt, mud, trails, and on logs

im deff gona buy a set, cant wait to do some testing and trail running with them.
Old 07-05-2010, 01:27 PM   #116
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecoli View Post
Sweet tire. With it being Proline, you'll know the tire compound will be right. I hope the 2.2 is around 5.5" so it makes for an easy swap with Rok Lox !
Isn't the 2.2 Rok Lox actually 5.3"?
Pappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 01:42 PM   #117
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy View Post
Isn't the 2.2 Rok Lox actually 5.3"?
Mine are slightly over 5.5" mounted on narrow rims and tall foam. I think on a wider rim you might see a little less then 5.5"
sloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 07:11 PM   #118
Pebble Pounder

When will the 2.2 dimensions be available? They look sweet and I am hoping a praying that next in line are some swamper boggers that are closer to 5.25"-5.5". They would be killer for my current Super Crawler F350 build.
millrtme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 07:33 PM   #119
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by sloppy View Post
Mine are slightly over 5.5" mounted on narrow rims and tall foam. I think on a wider rim you might see a little less then 5.5"
Wow! Thanks!!!
Pappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 11:28 PM   #120
Rock Stacker

I cant wait for the 2.2s to come out! i recently swapped my 1.9 rok loks for my old 2.2 flat irons on my scaler and remembered how much more bada$$ it crawls wit 2.2s. I might just get the 1.9s for my blazer project just to see how well they work, even if the suck they will still look cool. THEY'R SWAMPERS MAN!
Rokslayer is offline   Reply With Quote