Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Tires and Wheels

Notices

Thread: Good All-T tire.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2010, 08:25 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Good All-T tire.

I know this has been asked a thousand times and I did a search but I am looking at the rock beasts for my 2.2 scaler and was wondering on everyones thougts on these for everything. I am talking from mud,clay,grass,sand, and few rock crawling. I have a set of Imex Swamp Dawgs now and don't mind them but am always looking to go up a hill using a different line. Thanks in advance and let the flaming begin.
93-306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-06-2010, 08:30 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

If you can fit them, the Rock Beasts will work very well....however, they are rather wide. If you need something that is a bit more narrow, then look into the new Proline TSL SXs.
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 08:39 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyH View Post
If you can fit them, the Rock Beasts will work very well....however, they are rather wide. If you need something that is a bit more narrow, then look into the new Proline TSL SXs.
That is the exact 2 I am kinda torn between, but man I like the Beasts. I have some more room for height and my Imex are wide also so I think they will fit, just wanted to get some experenced opinions on it.
93-306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 08:42 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Well, I've run both tires on my scaler/rock racer.....of those two, I prefer the SXs. They are a better all around tire. However, the Rock Beasts hooked up better on rocks....
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 03:32 PM   #5

well i have a set of all-t dawg tires that are 2.2 width 3" and hight is 5.5" here is a pic of the beffy buggers on my ax10 scorpion rtc. they are great tires but they have discontinued them and are hard to find on ebay

mowgli420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 04:48 PM   #6
K_B
I wanna be Dave

Rock Beasts would make a good all-terrain tire because the lugs are spaced out pretty good and won't pack up with dirt and they work good on the rocks. But the SXs are gonna look better.
K_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 08:46 AM   #7
I wanna be Dave

i run the Rock Beasts on my scaler and LOVE THEM ,,,they flat out work all over,,and on everything,,,they still impress me time after time,,they hook up when wet better than any thing ive run before,,,and in the dirt they bite like crazy,,,ive recently won a set of the 2.2 tsl so ill be doing a shoot out between the 2 at my favorite scale spot,,but ill still be runnin the Rock Beasts.....

dezmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 10:09 AM   #8
Quarry Creeper

Default Tires

I have run the beast for a while now and i like them.they are wide tho.on 2s the did ok but on 3s they are awsome with wheel speed they work good on most terain and look good.I have a lot of smooth river rock and the do the best on them dry but do work wet.i will like to see how they work on the new dh2s narrow with.
wurster is offline   Reply With Quote