Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Tires and Wheels

Notices

Thread: Crawler Innovations Proto type 4.75 Dual Stage Lil' Nova Foams for Scale Crawlers

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2011, 09:55 AM   #81
Pebble Pounder

I was wonding the same thing. I would like to get new foams for my boggers.
V3500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-22-2011, 09:52 AM   #82
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

Default Update

I wanted to update this thread. Many people have not read this complete thread and the first page is misleading (I think). The foams are still not fully ready (in my opinion). I am having new dies made for the 1.9 Lil' Nova Dual Stage foam line. Once the dies are done, this will address the problems once and for all.

In the mean time;

The 5 - 7 pound dual stage foam is ready for sale. I made a bunch of proto types and brought them to ECC. We sold them all and I am waiting to get more feedback from those drivers. I feel confident this foam is right for this weight range.

The 7+ - 12 pound dual stage foams are a different story. I have some ideas for trucks in this weight range and I am looking for testers. EMAIL me if you want to purchase a set and test them. $20 for a set of four dual stage foams + shipping.
Nova's Ark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 07:01 AM   #83
Pebble Pounder

How do we order the foams for that weight range? Thanks.
V3500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 11:24 AM   #84
RCC Addict

email sent for 10+ pound rig
fvrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 12:10 PM   #85
Rock Crawler

I am still interested in testing foams on a heavy rig I will send you an e mail.
See65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 12:51 PM   #86
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

All emails have been responded to. These would ship out on Monday.
Old 04-23-2011, 04:08 PM   #87
Rock Crawler

Thanks Eddie.
See65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 05:46 PM   #88
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

Both versions of the 4.75" 1.9 dual stage foams are now on the web site. We have a few new items as well.
Old 04-26-2011, 02:09 PM   #89
Quarry Creeper

Just got done ordering a set, thanks for putting in the time to get them out to us.
diggerj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 07:59 PM   #90
Quarry Creeper

Just ordered mine!

I wanted to be a tester, but with my work situation I would have done you a disservice.

Are you still recommending removing the inner tire re-enforcement on the RC4WD tires with the new foam set up?

Thanks for working to get these made!
Team Tactical Bacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 01:10 PM   #91
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Tactical Bacon View Post
Just ordered mine!

I wanted to be a tester, but with my work situation I would have done you a disservice.

Are you still recommending removing the inner tire re-enforcement on the RC4WD tires with the new foam set up?

I also ordered a set and was wondering the same thing, sand the inside or not?
Stuntman Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 11:48 AM   #92
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Tactical Bacon View Post
Just ordered mine!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuntman Jim View Post
I also ordered a set and was wondering the same thing, sand the inside or not?

I did not modify my tires for testing. I wanted to badly though. But the reality is that most folks don't have the resources to modify tires in that way and I needed to produce a "drop in and go" product. So you can leave them alone and they should perform well.

But for those of you that can modify the tires, do it! If you remove some lugs on the baja claws and the inner ribbing, the tires work so much better. The boggers with the small lugs removed are flat out awesome with the new Crawler Innovations foams. We ran a set on a SCX-10 based Cherokee Saturday to test lines on the new rock piles we built for an upcoming comp at my place and those tires ate up everything.
Old 05-05-2011, 02:29 AM   #93
Quarry Creeper

I ordered up a set of these last night for the baja claws on my honcho. I cant wait to get them and try them out. It seems like you have worked it all out. Do you have any suggestions on modding the tires themseves?
Fordx4Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 06:01 AM   #94
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordx4Ranger View Post
I ordered up a set of these last night for the baja claws on my honcho. I cant wait to get them and try them out. It seems like you have worked it all out. Do you have any suggestions on modding the tires themseves?
Well from what Eddie and I have been discussing if you have a belt sander or, at least a sanding drum for your dremel use that to sand off the inner ribbing reenforcement. You can do all of it but I think the most important part is the rib in the center of the contact patch area. The more of the inner ribbing you get rid of the better the tires will perform. Be very careful if you do this. You don't want to remove any of the carcass just the ribbing.
bigflex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 09:40 PM   #95
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova's Ark View Post
I did not modify my tires for testing. I wanted to badly though. But the reality is that most folks don't have the resources to modify tires in that way and I needed to produce a "drop in and go" product. So you can leave them alone and they should perform well.

But for those of you that can modify the tires, do it! If you remove some lugs on the baja claws and the inner ribbing, the tires work so much better. The boggers with the small lugs removed are flat out awesome with the new Crawler Innovations foams. We ran a set on a SCX-10 based Cherokee Saturday to test lines on the new rock piles we built for an upcoming comp at my place and those tires ate up everything.

This is EXACTLY what I wanted to hear. Boggers and a set of the Lil Novas for fatties (7+ rigs) are sitting at home waiting for me right now. I also have cutters, a Dremel and sanding wheels and am not too skeerd to use them!

Thanks for the time you invested in research to put out another awesome product!! I hope they work well for me!
Team Tactical Bacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 10:59 AM   #96
Metal shaper

You will not regret running these with cut boggers. Absolutely eat up every line I point it at. And hill climbing on dirt is ridiculous. The sidehill support is one of the biggest advantages over stock foam. I did not remove any ribbing from the tires. Also, if you love the realistic sound these tires give off while clawing at the rocks be aware that you will be buying tires regularly. I got caught up sometimes just letting the tires work and find traction like in my 1:1. Haha was showing Bigflex the other day and that's when I noticed how chewed up the tires were getting in. But that's a plus for performance and scale in my opinion.
CarterFab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 12:46 AM   #97
Quarry Creeper

You all talked me into it. Got a couple sets coming, and one for the Boggers. First time out, I thought they where decent stock, but could tell with better foams and cut lugs, they'd be awesome.
MrNate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 04:11 PM   #98
Quarry Creeper

I have been running these foams on my honcho and couldnt be happier. They perform much better than the stockers and provide the sidewall support that the baja claws need yet still allow he tread to wrap around rocks. Another sweet product from CrawlerInnovations.
Fordx4Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 08:45 PM   #99
Rock Stacker

Will these foams work with iroks?
csagaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 09:14 PM   #100
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Crawler Innovations Proto type 4.75 Dual Stage Lil' Nova Foams for Scale Crawlers

i just looked to order these from your web site and couldn't find them there....were these ever made from proto type to production and sold out....i have 1.9 TSL's IROKs under a 8+ lb truck and would like these foams, thx........bob
bob1961 is offline   Reply With Quote