Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Tires and Wheels

Notices

Thread: 1.9 Tire Advise Needed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2011, 09:33 AM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default 1.9 Tire Advise Needed

Guy's I am torn on my next set of tires. I have it narrowed down to 2 and need your opinions to help me pull the trigger. I am debating between the interco boggers and the baja claws. I run on allot of dirt,rock, and some water. What's your thoughts on the 2 above mentioned tires?
Bananaclip is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-07-2011, 09:38 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

I dont know if there is a answer to that.
these tires are new and popular. when you ask this to 10 people you get 10 different answers .

If you ask me. pick the one you think looks best.
murky123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 09:40 AM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Is this for a scale vehicle or a comp truck? Also, what type of terrain?
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 10:19 AM   #4
Quarry Creeper

I have them both and I ran on a rock crawling course this weekend and the Boggers outperformed the claws hands down. They are mounted on the same type of wheels with the same weight. My Boggers do have every other lugs cut off which helped alot also. I am getting ready to order another set of the Boggers and only use the Claws for show or trail riding. Hope this helps you out.
Moparguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 10:58 AM   #5
I wanna be Dave

It does thank you! I will be running this on my Class2/3 TJ scaler. I like the looks of the boggers!!!! I am fully aware that there will be different responses but they all help. I am waiting for the scale comp guys (Zach, Grizz, CC etc.)

Last edited by Bananaclip; 03-07-2011 at 12:16 PM.
Old 03-07-2011, 03:40 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtcarter View Post
It does thank you! I will be running this on my Class2/3 TJ scaler. I like the looks of the boggers!!!! I am fully aware that there will be different responses but they all help. I am waiting for the scale comp guys (Zach, Grizz, CC etc.)
I didn't realize it until now that you are the guy that I met in Charleston at the hobby shop. I ran the Booger in the stock form before cutting them and it made a huge difference. I am going to try and cut the foams on the Claws to see if that will help them bite harder. We still need to hook up and go trail riding sometime.
Moparguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 03:48 PM   #7
RCC Addict

With the right foams they are both awesome tires...Jbird on here runs Claws up front and Boggers out back with GREAT results! Both are run with a good dual stage foam Pick which one you like the looks of best and then go with it cause they will both perform amazing!
Matt
66sprint6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 04:32 PM   #8
RCC Addict

I have the boggers on one of my scalers. I have not tried the Claws though, so i can not comment on them. but i will say that the Boggers have amazing grip. They are the best scale tire i have tried. Plus I think the narrow width helps. One as far as fitting them, but also on easier to turn and better contact pressure. The weight of the rig is sitting on less space compared to a wider tire and therefore it is like pushing down harder on the tread.

keep in mind though that both tires are very tall for many scalers. it takes a fairly large body to fit them without having to raise the body up pretty high to clear. The rig i have them on is a Newbright JK (Axial chassi) that is more of a 1/8 scale and has pretty big wheel openings. On other rigs I have (Proline Cherokee, RC4WD Land Rover defender 90) they are much too big in my oppinion. You could fit them with alot of trimming or raising up the body but that takes away from the scale looks IMHO. I guess it depends on the look you are after.

Performance wise, if you can not fit a larger tire like the Claws or Boggers then the Proline TSL's work very good. I am always amazed at the performance of those at the runs I go to.
Rook82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 04:41 PM   #9
I wanna be Dave

boggers! look awsome, work awesome, and clean awesome!

I ran the boggers on my 2.2 rock course will little trouble, as well as they made a line no other 1.9 tire has! they are killer in the mud as they clean great and just keep digging! best all around 1.9 ive ever ran.
2500hdon37s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 04:59 PM   #10
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rook82 View Post
I have the boggers on one of my scalers. I have not tried the Claws though, so i can not comment on them. but i will say that the Boggers have amazing grip. They are the best scale tire i have tried. Plus I think the narrow width helps. One as far as fitting them, but also on easier to turn and better contact pressure. The weight of the rig is sitting on less space compared to a wider tire and therefore it is like pushing down harder on the tread.

keep in mind though that both tires are very tall for many scalers. it takes a fairly large body to fit them without having to raise the body up pretty high to clear. The rig i have them on is a Newbright JK (Axial chassi) that is more of a 1/8 scale and has pretty big wheel openings. On other rigs I have (Proline Cherokee, RC4WD Land Rover defender 90) they are much too big in my oppinion. You could fit them with alot of trimming or raising up the body but that takes away from the scale looks IMHO. I guess it depends on the look you are after.

Performance wise, if you can not fit a larger tire like the Claws or Boggers then the Proline TSL's work very good. I am always amazed at the performance of those at the runs I go to.
I am taking from the cowl back off of a newbright tj. I plan on using the cowl,hood, and grill from the tj. I am going to build a KOH 4 seater with full panels, and full interior. I am just gathering parts currently and finishing my class 1 toyota.
Old 03-07-2011, 08:26 PM   #11
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtcarter View Post
I am taking from the cowl back off of a newbright tj. I plan on using the cowl,hood, and grill from the tj. I am going to build a KOH 4 seater with full panels, and full interior. I am just gathering parts currently and finishing my class 1 toyota.

That should work great! KOH or TTC rigs, they are perfect. Just tall for typical scale bodied rigs due to smaller wheel openings for scale looks (without really opening the wheel wells).
Rook82 is offline   Reply With Quote