Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Tires and Wheels

Notices

Thread: -_- 6.5" Axial Ripsaw Cut N Shuts By Crawler Innovations -_-

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2012, 08:49 PM   #21
Rock Stacker

Default Re: -_- 6.5" Axial Ripsaw Cut N Shuts By Crawler Innovations -_-

Taller tires=more obstacles you can clear=way more fun. These tires plus these new foams flat out work. I am going to have so much fun with these things in our own Scale comp series. And I agree, at the end of the day it is all about having fun!!
paulwf150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-17-2012, 09:03 PM   #22
Rock Crawler

hell, just get some super class tires and quit jackiing around! kinda defeats the purpose of a 1/10 scale rig doesn't it. and while we're at it, lets throw away the rule book and let everybody run whatever they want.

now there's the way to kill the sport. the average guy would be totally out of comps, and let the rich run wild.
hoghead5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 09:07 PM   #23
Suck it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoghead5150 View Post
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 10:31 PM   #24
Pebble Pounder

^^^^^^very nice Duuuuuuude! I drove it with these tires and i loved it, foams worked great tires work great and the extra ground clearence on a lowered wraith is freakin sweet.
txcrawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 11:12 PM   #25

Quote:
hell, just get some super class tires and quit jackiing around! kinda defeats the purpose of a 1/10 scale rig doesn't it. and while we're at it, lets throw away the rule book and let everybody run whatever they want.

now there's the way to kill the sport. the average guy would be totally out of comps, and let the rich run wild.
What if I dont comp? What if I want something that looks badass? And works bad ass?

Screw the rulebook, its a hobby and I do it for fun. I have friends who also do it for fun. Its the same deal with my 1:1 friends.

So I WILL run whatever I damn well please.

I will be picking up a set of those new phones when they come out. I just picked up a set of 2.2 ripsaws for my SCX. Got my set of XR10 beadlocks from the crawler innovations salvage yard, I like how fat they are.

If I can find a set of beadlocks that are this fat but with the proper offset for the SCX axles id go for them.
chansuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 09:51 AM   #26
I wanna be Dave

Quote:

now there's the way to help the sport. the average guy would be totally inspired, let the creative run wild.
totally agree (now that it's fixed)
4xFord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 09:53 AM   #27
I wanna be Dave

These came out sick Eddie! Your really helping motivate me to enlarge my ripsaws. Oh also aren't those leopard sidewalks not cougars?
4xFord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 10:25 AM   #28
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by chansuke View Post
What if I dont comp? What if I want something that looks badass? And works bad ass?

Screw the rulebook, its a hobby and I do it for fun. I have friends who also do it for fun. Its the same deal with my 1:1 friends.

So I WILL run whatever I damn well please.
paulwf150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 10:44 AM   #29
Rock Crawler

well if you don't comp, there is no rulebook. jeez. rules are only for competitions. if we as a group wanna throw out the rulebook, what stops somebody from showing up with an electric powered remote control fullsize jeep on 44 inch boggers and running the course? bet they would walk over everything! the rules are there to level the playing field. as for just fun bashing, get whatever you want i don't give a shit. but everybody talking about modifying the rules to accomidate bigger/larger/wider, it's gotta stop somewhere. it's kinda like having 33 inch tires on your fullsize and trying to follow the big boys on 52's up the trails they run. it's not fun at all for the little guy. same thing vise versa.

i'm all for creativity and ingenuity, but without a set of rules to keep everybody in the same ballpark you take the average guy out of the entire picture.
Old 01-18-2012, 10:47 AM   #30
Defy Gravity

hoghead, is your name on his truck? didn't think so, so quit telling him what to fawking run.
ghtpdm5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 11:13 AM   #31
Suck it up!

Quote:
well if you don't comp, there is no rulebook. jeez. rules are only for competitions. if we as a group wanna throw out the rulebook, what stops somebody from showing up with an electric powered remote control fullsize jeep on 44 inch boggers and running the course?

i'm all for creativity and ingenuity, but without a set of rules to keep everybody in the same ballpark you take the average guy out of the entire picture.

The rules as written are for national events. Local clubs are encouraged to follow them but it is not mandatory. Even the club you comp in does not always follow the rules.

Good luck getting a 1:1 Jeep between gate markers set 16" apart.

Every time I comp I have to go up against someone with better or more advanced (or currently unavailable) gear than I have. I could either bitch and moan and cry about it or I could do work and have fun.
Old 01-18-2012, 11:14 AM   #32
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

Quote:

well if you don't comp, there is no rulebook. jeez. rules are only for competitions. if we as a group wanna throw out the rulebook, what stops somebody from showing up with an electric powered remote control fullsize jeep on 44 inch boggers and running the course? bet they would walk over everything! the rules are there to level the playing field. as for just fun bashing, get whatever you want i don't give a shit. but everybody talking about modifying the rules to accomidate bigger/larger/wider, it's gotta stop somewhere. it's kinda like having 33 inch tires on your fullsize and trying to follow the big boys on 52's up the trails they run. it's not fun at all for the little guy. same thing vise versa.

Just so you know, I'm the USRCCA Rules Committee representative for the State of Texas. I definitely understand rules and the need for them. I see and know about the political side and wording side of rules first hand.

I am seeing as both a manufacturer and as an enthusiast, that too many rules are sucking the fun and life out of RC rock crawling. I visited a store over the holidays that one year ago had six glass display cases full of retail rock crawling items and now it was down to just two, with the goal of getting down to only one. Trust me, rc rock crawling needs some new life, new designs, and new classes.

Basic rules are needed in order to structure any class. Having balance in rules is the key to the success of anything those rules govern. When rules dictate or limit creativity to the point that a class stagnates or recedes, that's a problem. I'm not going to get involved in a rules debate. To each his own.
Nova's Ark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 11:31 AM   #33
Rock Crawler

Thank you. i see you get my point. i think alot of things in this thread have been misunderstood. i'm very excited about your new foam lineup, and applaud your efforts to make them better. i also think the work on the tires is absolutely beautiful.

i have no problems with these things, but coming from other styles of motorsports, i've seen the downfall of them. rules are needed in COMPETITIONS to keep the playing field level. i agree whole heartedly that the rules need to allow for creativity and ingenuity and allow the sport to grow instead of become stagnate. the problems we ran into in other hobbies is that the rules were bent, sidestepped, or even flat out broken and that ran the normal person out of the sport.

the only reason i commented here was the OP said he was competing with this rig. as far as i know (correct me if i'm wrong), but 2.2 classes have a max tire height that i'm sure these tires do NOT meet. this would be an illegal tire in a competition and didn't see the reason to put these tires on a rig that would see competitions. i have no problems with anybody running anything they want for fun, but if in a competition, they should abide by the rules. that being said, maybe the OP is running in a class or group that has no rules on tire height.

i haven't been in this hobby as long as alot of you, but i do see the downturn in hobby shops carrying parts. from talking to the local shop, most of it has to do with demand. with the internet sales, it's usually cheaper to order and pay shipping than buy locally. at least here in oklahoma anyway. also with the expanding of the hobby alot of parts that were heavy duty years ago are weak by today's standards. the higher quailty parts demand a higher price. this higher price is running alot of people away as they don't have $1500 to spend on a "toy truck".
Old 01-18-2012, 11:34 AM   #34
Suck it up!

Quote:
that being said, maybe the OP is running in a class or group that has no rules on tire height.
I'm pretty sure they said that that was the case.

edit:

Quote:
It's all about Crawler Innovations G6 style rules here.

Last edited by Duuuuuuuude; 01-18-2012 at 11:40 AM.
Old 01-18-2012, 12:30 PM   #35
~THE SCALE SHOP~

killer as usual eddie!
was any thought given to going 2.2/3.0 for added support?
STANG KILLA SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 06:41 PM   #36
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

It's been several months since I have made a custom set of tires for anybody. After years of doing it, I was burned out. I attended the East Coast Championship this year as a sponsoring vendor. I did not compete, but just being there, talking with everyone, seeing the high level of competition really recharged me. This was my first weekend home and already I have made three new sets of tires for myself.

The original set of 6.5" ripsaw tires I made that started this thread have already changed owners at least once. They were used for one G6 but I never saw them again so I never really got to test them. That original set had proto type inners. Now that the production version is available, it's time to test some new tires. I had all the ripsaws and leopards in stock so I figured why not?

Wheels: CAC (Create A Crawler) 2.2 OG wheels 1.25" wide
Tires: 6.5" R35 Ripsaws with Panther Leopard Sidewalls
Foams: 6.0 Double Deuce
Front - Wide Inner / Medium Outer w/ Med Tuning Ring
6.0 Double Deuce
Rear - Wide Inner / Firm Outer w/ Firm Tuning Ring
Truck Weighs 7 Pounds 11 Ounces RTR
4S 1300mah Sky Lipo
CC 1 Cell ESC
CC BEC
Tekin 13.5 Motor
C.I. 6mm trans outputs
T Maxx drive Shafts
93 Spur / 16 pinion
RRP Steel gears trans
Axial OD HD Gears in Front
Axial standard HD Gears in Rear
C.I. Delrin Links

Plenty of diff clearance:

Compared to a stock R35 Ripsaw:

And just in case the 6.5" Ripsaw can't do it, the 7.0" 2.2 Sedonas fit just fine.

Old 05-06-2012, 06:51 PM   #37
Quarry Creeper

I like those looking Good but nothing the less from Crawler Innovation
marlboroman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 07:38 PM   #38
I wanna be Dave

Very very nice bro. Those 7" sedona's look sooo dope
Hittman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 08:43 PM   #39
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlboroman View Post
I like those looking Good but nothing the less from Crawler Innovation
Thank you for the compliment sir. It was nice catching up with you at ECC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hittman View Post
Very very nice bro. Those 7" sedona's look sooo dope
Thank you.
Old 05-06-2012, 10:04 PM   #40
Quarry Creeper

How about 6.5" rover pinks?

Chris
ravencr is offline   Reply With Quote

-_- 6.5" Axial Ripsaw Cut N Shuts By Crawler Innovations -_- - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
-- Crawler Innovations - 4" Tall, 1.9 Comp, Panther SC Raptor Pin Tire Cut N Shut -- Nova's Ark Tires and Wheels 9 10-02-2011 10:14 AM
Robras! 5 7/8 tall cut n shut tires by Crawler Innovations Nova's Ark Tires and Wheels 112 09-23-2011 04:22 PM
6&3/4" cut n shuts on a wraith 16hp Axial Wraith 5 09-23-2011 11:11 AM
Cut N Shut Custom Tire Information for Crawler Innovations Nova's Ark Crawler Innovations 0 01-14-2011 12:01 PM
Cut N Shut 1.9 RC4WD Spooky tires by Crawler Innovations Nova's Ark Tires and Wheels 20 07-10-2010 03:04 PM