Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Tires and Wheels

Notices

Thread: RC4WD Humvee Beadlock tool

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2012, 03:43 PM   #1
Oppan Gangnam Style

Default RC4WD Humvee Beadlock tool

So I purchased a set of Humvee beadlocks from RPP the other day and was having issues getting things started due to the small hardware and the fact that I was using really stiff foam and Pitbulls. I spent about an hour on one and decided to sideline them for a few. I'd be guessing there are others who have felt the pain of assembling these wheels and if they went together easier, I bet more people would be interested in running them on their rigs.

Anyhow, I came up with a quick (but crude) tool that makes it a breeze to get them together with minimal issues. It would be a pain to tune foams and weight without it.

I turned down a piece of 1" round stock on my lathe and threaded the center for an M4 bolt. Just thought I'd share with those who have experienced the pain of assembling these wheels. Assembly of each wheel is in the 15 minute range.

On to the pics:

The tool fits between the two halves from the back side and helps center everything.

The M4 bolt draws the two halves together without issue.

As you can see it holds the two halves together for easy installation of the small hardware without any excessive stress to them.
chino63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-11-2012, 04:55 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: RC4WD Humvee Beadlock tool

Nice I picked up a set of the Golden Horizon Humvee beadlocks and they were a pain too. Ended up just using some longer hardware to start them but this would be way easier. If you decide to make some more let me know. I'd like to add this to the tool box.
derwood21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 05:50 PM   #3
Oppan Gangnam Style

Quote:
Originally Posted by derwood21 View Post
Nice I picked up a set of the Golden Horizon Humvee beadlocks and they were a pain too. Ended up just using some longer hardware to start them but this would be way easier. If you decide to make some more let me know. I'd like to add this to the tool box.
Thanks! The longer hardware works for most wheels but these take M1.6 hardware which is hard enough to find in standard (most common) lengths, I doubt it can be readily found in abnormally long lengths.

Anyhow, the basic design of this tool can be adapted to other 3 piece beadlocks I'm sure, just wanted to show how to ease the difficulty on these particular wheels. Not sure if my tool will fit any other wheels out there.
chino63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 07:24 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Excellent idea Chino!
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 07:48 PM   #5
RCC Addict

Cool idea, I have thought about making something similar for assembling the RC4WD steelies.
rangercat23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 08:42 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Cool little tool!

I drilled my RC4WD Humvee wheels out to accept 2 mm Allen head bolts. That odd hardware with the slotted heads almost made me chuck them out a window.
dezfan is offline   Reply With Quote

RC4WD Humvee Beadlock tool - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
RC4WD Humvee 2.2 Wheels Supercomputer5 Axial Wraith 22 09-24-2012 07:06 PM