Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Tires and Wheels

Notices

Thread: New 2.2 Pitbull Rock Beast II review

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-06-2012, 08:09 AM   #101

Default Re: New 2.2 Pitbull Rock Beast II review

Quote:
Originally Posted by dezmoon View Post
No Worries,,,Im Running Mine on a 1.25 wide Wheel With the 1.25-1.35 inner 6.0 foams..Its a 3 piece foam,the foam with all 3 pieces stands at 6.0 which is way to much for these,,Depending on wheel width would determine your correct foam choice,,War Pig is running his on a 1" wide wheel with the .7 to 1.0 width Foam and Hes Loving His Set Up..The Tire Works Great On Both Platforms...I Deffinately Wouldnt go any Narrower than 1.0 for the Rims..way to much Tire for that Narrow of a Rim In My Opinion any more ??s Dont hesitate to ask...
Thank you for the quick and detailed response! Looking through my wheel choices I noticed some beadlocks have up to 16 fasteners. I can imagine some rigs with brushless 3300 motors and weights up to 9 lbs. may need these, but I'm also assuming that reasonable running on a 6 bolt, potentially plastic, rim would be enough to hold the bead on these tires.

I'm also a bit confused about the venting discussions. I vent my race tires to give them a consistent feel, but the crawler environment can include water so I was wondering how you prevent soaking the support foam. I think it would be difficult to get all 4 tires the same if you attempted to seal them completely.

Looking forward to getting my kit in the mail and starting my build. For now I'm just a bit "over-thinking" the details while I learn.
runs_wscissors is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-06-2012, 08:45 AM   #102
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by runs_wscissors View Post
Thank you for the quick and detailed response! Looking through my wheel choices I noticed some beadlocks have up to 16 fasteners. I can imagine some rigs with brushless 3300 motors and weights up to 9 lbs. may need these, but I'm also assuming that reasonable running on a 6 bolt, potentially plastic, rim would be enough to hold the bead on these tires.

I'm also a bit confused about the venting discussions. I vent my race tires to give them a consistent feel, but the crawler environment can include water so I was wondering how you prevent soaking the support foam. I think it would be difficult to get all 4 tires the same if you attempted to seal them completely.

Looking forward to getting my kit in the mail and starting my build. For now I'm just a bit "over-thinking" the details while I learn.
Yeah Id Say 6-8 Screws per Wheel Side Would Be fine ,,We Beefed up The Bead and Sidewall so You Shouldnt have Issues with Pulling a Bead,,Even at Higher Speeds,,War Pigs Rig Is a Rocket and I havent Heard of any Troubles Yet,,

Venting is all Preference,,I Personally Dont Vent My Scaler Wheels or Tires,,I cant stand Trying to Drain Water out and Foams Will Break Down when Wet,,Plus I kinda Like the Lil Bounce You Get With the Air Trapped in em,,I dont try To match Air Pressure, I Push a Lil Air out when Mounting up frt to get them To Flatten out some,,Not A LoT...Just A Touch..Thats Me Though,,

Ran Em Again For About an Hour this Morning after My Kids Left For School,,We Got Hammered with Rain over the Last few days So everything In My Yard Is Soaked,,AnD These F$$KERS Hooked Up Like Crazy,,,
I am Just Starting To Get the Worn Edges On the Lugs and that Just Causes More Traction,,

Pics From This am...

dezmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 08:46 AM   #103
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by runs_wscissors View Post

I think the multitude of bolts is more for looks than holding power. It's all in the design of the groove and ring, I only run 3 screws in my rings when I'm testing foams and I've never popped a bead.

The closed cell foams don't absorb water like regular foams do. They also don't allow airflow and will seal off breather holes in your wheels. I've been venting my tires lately between the tread blocks. It also allows the water to escape when you're going fast .

Ha, you beat me by a minute......now let's see how similar our answers are.
War Pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 08:48 AM   #104
I wanna be Dave

A Few More,,

Old 09-06-2012, 11:52 AM   #105
RcBros Hobbies

Maybe I missed it, or it hasn't been done yet. Any chance one of the testers can get a side shot and width shot comparing these to the 2.2 baja claws. Just curious if the pictures are deceiving me but they look alittle wider.
RcBro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 12:49 PM   #106
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by RcBro View Post
Maybe I missed it, or it hasn't been done yet. Any chance one of the testers can get a side shot and width shot comparing these to the 2.2 baja claws. Just curious if the pictures are deceiving me but they look alittle wider.
I Wish I could Help...I dont Think any One in My Local Club Has Em...Tim Could Probably Help Ya Better than I Could...
Old 09-06-2012, 01:33 PM   #107
I wanna be Dave

I don't have any either. It think the M/T are a bit wider.
War Pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 04:37 PM   #108
I wanna be Dave

According to rc4wds page the Rock Beast II is Wider by .18
Old 09-06-2012, 08:06 PM   #109
RcBros Hobbies

Quote:
Originally Posted by dezmoon View Post
According to rc4wds page the Rock Beast II is Wider by .18
Thank you sir
RcBro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 02:27 PM   #110
I wanna be Dave

Great review! I got a set of the 2.2 but sold off a rig the next day or so an never got a chance to run them, as the guy wanted to pay extra for them.. I do however have the 1.9'a an love the action I get out of them! I'm a pitbull tire runner for life! Then a friend sent me pics of these ... I don't have a scaler ole wraith I'm going to run them on tho.. what's the thoughts on them on a comp rig? Ill switch out my rovers just to run them!
winnerone23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 09:12 PM   #111
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by winnerone23 View Post
Great review! I got a set of the 2.2 but sold off a rig the next day or so an never got a chance to run them, as the guy wanted to pay extra for them.. I do however have the 1.9'a an love the action I get out of them! I'm a pitbull tire runner for life! Then a friend sent me pics of these ... I don't have a scaler ole wraith I'm going to run them on tho.. what's the thoughts on them on a comp rig? Ill switch out my rovers just to run them!
Im Sure They Could Work as a Comp Tire,,How Well?? Not Sure,,when I get a 2nd Set Ill Be testing them for Sure,,
Old 09-13-2012, 09:33 PM   #112
I wanna be Dave

A second set! I just want my first set ... want to share Urs so I can test them at rausch creek? That would be a sweet giveaway for the comp! A fresh set or two for prizes.. hint hint .. lol........ but really!
winnerone23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 11:06 PM   #113
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by winnerone23 View Post
A second set! I just want my first set ... want to share Urs so I can test them at rausch creek? That would be a sweet giveaway for the comp! A fresh set or two for prizes.. hint hint .. lol........ but really!
Sadly I Will Not be able to make the last Rausch event,,and Im not a Good Share-Errrr,,So Ill have to Pass on That,,But Thanks....And for Prizes,,These wont Be Available untill After the Event,, Im A Lil Bummed I wont Be there,,I really Like Rausch..
Old 09-14-2012, 12:18 AM   #114
ahhh S^*T

I bet these will make very good comp tires. just a bet at this point tho

I hope i can get a shot at buying a set when RPP gets'em in. gotta be fast!!
AxialJeepster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 11:06 AM   #115
Quarry Creeper

Not sure how many are aware but RPP is accepting pre-orders. I got my order in already...
GrimJeeper91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 11:09 AM   #116
Scale Detail Engineering

do you just add to cart and buy them?
johnnyh66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 11:22 AM   #117
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyh66 View Post
do you just add to cart and buy them?
I'm not sure. I called and placed my order because my first search of the site didn't pull up the new tire. The rep that answered the phone stated that they were not going to accept more pre-orders than what they were going to receive on their initial order.
GrimJeeper91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 11:28 AM   #118
I wanna be Dave

We are taking pre orders now. Just got off the phone with Pit Bull and are good to go with a nice large order. No Exact ETA yet Can't wait to get me a set :-)

PIT BULL 2.2 Rock Beast II Scale Crawler,with Komp Kompound
RPP Hobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 11:44 AM   #119
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rpp Hobby View Post
We are taking pre orders now. Just got off the phone with Pit Bull and are good to go with a nice large order. No Exact ETA yet Can't wait to get me a set :-)

PIT BULL 2.2 Rock Beast II Scale Crawler,with Komp Kompound
just pre-ordered mine!
rojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 11:51 AM   #120
RCC Addict

Nice to know it's a go, ordered last night!
Maddog Madigan is offline   Reply With Quote

New 2.2 Pitbull Rock Beast II review - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
1.9 Pitbull Rock Beast FuzzyCrawler Tires and Wheels 6 03-19-2012 06:37 PM