After 6 months...
Our Testers have given us the to let this be released
Name:  SNOTZ2 copy.jpg
Views: 1313
Size:  68.2 KB

Name:  tsnoz2 copy.jpg
Views: 31412
Size:  70.1 KB

Our Vendor thread for ordering T Snotz...clicking on the picture in that thread will take you right to the page on TCScrawlers.com
***T Snotz...Traction and Softening Compound**Now Available!

Last edited by Krawler Konceptz; 12-20-2012 at 06:02 PM. Reason: Now Available
Krawler Konceptz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-06-2012, 10:18 AM   #2
RCC Addict

Default re: T Snotz Tech Thread!

Love it!!!

Glad this is going to be released!!

Oh and great choice on the name!!!

Love what you are doing Michelle
The Real Dogman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 02:37 PM   #3
RCC Addict

thats interesting, wouldnt mind trying that out
King James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 06:19 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

UPDATE:
T Snotz has landed at TCScrawlers Headquarters.... Will be on sale Very soon!
Old 12-11-2012, 07:22 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Real Dogman View Post
Love it!!!

Glad this is going to be released!!

Oh and great choice on the name!!!

Love what you are doing Michelle
Thanks for Rick Super Shafty for creating the logo for us
Old 12-12-2012, 06:35 AM   #6
I wanna be Dave

I got some questions:

Is it a softener?
How does it impact like of tire?
Directions for use?
binaryterror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 07:30 AM   #7
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by binaryterror View Post
Directions for use?
There are two types of bottles that are going to be offered. The one pictured above is the spray type bottle and there is one that allows you to dab the compound on. I have used the dab type on my old set of Sedonas. That applicator allowed me to get the compound on the lugs but not much on the carcass.

I found that it is best to wash the tires, then apply the compound and let it dry completely. It will take longer than 20 minutes to dry (I found this out the hard way). I usually let it dry overnight. When fully dry, I noticed that it picked up very little dirt or dust and the lugs seemed quite a bit softer to me. I noticed slightly more forward traction on granite type rocks and more forward traction on sandstone rocks. I did not test it in wet conditions.

I have two pairs of brand new Sedonas sitting on my workbench and will clean and spray them to see how it affects new tires.

Last edited by JeremyH; 12-12-2012 at 07:34 AM.
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 09:13 AM   #8
RCC Addict

Jeremy, could you possibly do them one pair at a time to get a solid comparison?
danielk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 09:18 AM   #9
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielk View Post
Jeremy, could you possibly do them one pair at a time to get a solid comparison?
That's what I planned to do.
Old 12-13-2012, 08:58 AM   #10
I wanna be Dave

Ok, here is the T-Snotz application process and results. I took two pairs of brand new, fresh out of the package Hot Bodies White Dot Sedonas. The pair on the left has had nothing done to them, just removed them from the plastic. The pair that I was working with is on the right side in the comparison pictures.

First, washed with regular dishsoap and dried.

Next, a coating of T-Snotz has been applied (about 6 sprays per tire to get all of the tread and carcass).

About an hour after the application.

And the final image.....the pair on the right has been washed, dried, sprayed with T-Snotz and allowed to dry overnight.

I would like to say that I dont know of a quantifiable method of easily measuring softness of rubber, so "feel" is all I have to go on. The tires that have been coated with the T-Snotz feel noticeably softer than the NIB tires. The lugs are quite a bit more malleable and the carcass feels softer as well.

The T-Snotz compound will not magically transform your tires, but it will make a new set softer.

I plan to take both of these sets to our comp this coming weekend and let the guys in my club give their opinion on the differences.
Old 12-13-2012, 11:31 AM   #11
E.Y. Designs

How long will one bottle last? Like how many full sets of tires (4) can you do?
EverettY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 11:35 AM   #12
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyH View Post
I would like to say that I dont know of a quantifiable method of easily measuring softness of rubber, so "feel" is all I have to go on. The tires that have been coated with the T-Snotz feel noticeably softer than the NIB tires. The lugs are quite a bit more malleable and the carcass feels softer as well.

You need a durometer to compare the hardness change.
I have one but i think its for harder rubbers.
Attached Images

rangercat23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 12:02 PM   #13
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by EverettY View Post
How long will one bottle last? Like how many full sets of tires (4) can you do?
I would guess the above method could be done to 20 sets of 4 tires with the above bottle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangercat23 View Post
You need a durometer to compare the hardness change.
I have one but i think its for harder rubbers.
Chuck, could you bring this to the comp this weekend so we could see if it will work?
Old 12-13-2012, 12:16 PM   #14
RCC Addict

Quote:
Chuck, could you bring this to the comp this weekend so we could see if it will work?
Sure, if I can remember its location in my garage. That photo was off the interwebamajigger.

Oh, wait a minute. I think I remember its whereabouts
rangercat23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 01:56 PM   #15
RCC Addict

I'm interested in this as well to try on some Crushers. I doubt rc4wd will be releasing this tire in their super soft compound, so this may be the ticket to get this tire with a soft compound. Perfect We Rock tire...
tedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 05:03 PM   #16
Rock Crawler

Talking re: T Snotz Tech Thread!

Hey fellas. I've been doing a little testing with T-Snotz and wanted to share what I have gotten out of the product. This is all just my opinion up till this point. I have plenty more testing that I'd like to do yet.

I first got to try t-snotz at the last comp of our summer series. The tires tested on were hybrid tires that I made up from a Sedona and a pro-line Caliber m3. At first i must admit,I was concerned with the T-Snotz having an ill effect on my glued up tires. I use aka glue and there were zero issues w/ the t-snotz and my glued tires.

What I did want to say is the caliber pin side was( in my opinion )already soft enough but these were the tires I had and have been running so I went ahead and tested on them. With that said, the pin side felt soft, folded over easier than i liked & showed some wear. I honestly expected it to do so. on a side note..I have a set of m2 caliber s that I'd like to apply the t-snotz to and see how well they work and wear. I have tried both the dab and spray bottles. I'm torn. I honestly find that I both types of bottles have their benefits.

The second set I tested on were basically barely broken in sedonas. No sanding , shaving or sipping was done to these. I applied t-snotz the night before and let them dry overnight before I bagged my rigs up for the comp. Next morning i checked them & they felt Awesome! Hard to describe exactly but they felt fresher , maybe slightly softer and pretty grippy. They were not sticky or tacky as some may think they would be. I ran them on my sporty and the truck felt great. This was at our indoor event where we basically have set up piles of rock to crawl on over our winter series. Being indoor, the rocks are dusty. They have been sprayed off well but it's still not the same as rain to rocks outside. I found this a little odd. I've noticed less debris and dust on my tires that have been treated w/T-Snotz than tires without.

The third set I tested on were a super old set of Rovers that I had laying around. I washed them off and simple greened them. they dried and still felt old n dried out. So then I sprayed them as is w/T-Snotz and set them aside. The next day they felt even better thank new. in my opinion, T-Snotz refreshed & brought new life into the tire. That dried feeling the tire had became just a memory. So next step was to tune up this set to run /test. Busted out the dremil and belt sander...I sipped the main lugs, sidewalls got sanded and the tread shaved down a bit. Blew off the rubber mess I made with an air compressor then I applied T-Snotz to the tires again. Checked them the next day after work and was so pleased with how they felt, I pulled my boss claws & put them on. I currently compete with the Rovers on my comp truck. I have three tire/wheel sets I run on my 2.2. The hybrids aka Cal-Dona's ,the Rovers and a set of BossClaws. The stock Sedonas tested were on my Sportsman Rig. The Boss Claws I have we're not tested w/T-Snotz. I have a 2nd set I'd like to mount up and test side by side sometime in the near future before I give an opinion on them.

All in all i feel that T-Snotz is a pretty awesome product! T-Snotz may not be for everyone or for "all" applications but I'd say it most definitely has its benefits. I personally like this product a lot! I will continue to test and use T-Snotz on my comp rigs and may even try it on some of my Scaler tires. I hope I covered everything and could provide some feedback without boring you all to tears with my long post. Thanks -Stick
Stick King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 10:09 PM   #17
rik
RCC Addict

Quote:
When fully dry, I noticed that it picked up very little dirt or dust.....
ooooh, i like what i read here. maybe this will allow us to run pin tires here in eastern PA. the pins work great on the rocks, but the way our terrain is, a lot of times we have to drive thru dirt to transition to another rock pile to proceed on a course, and usually the dirt builds up in between the pins. now that i know it tastes great and picks up very little dirt, i think i will definitely be picking up some of this.

Last edited by rik; 12-14-2012 at 10:12 PM.
rik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 08:15 PM   #18
I wanna be Dave

T Snotz will be going on sale next week!
Old 12-15-2012, 08:18 PM   #19
Rock Crawler

Sweet! Just in time for the Holidays! Great stocking stuffer idea!
Stick King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 05:01 AM   #20
I wanna be Dave

I gave the tires to the guys in my club at our local comp yesterday and asked them their opinions. Most of them agreed that the tires sprayed with the T-Snotz were softer than the NIP tires. They said that the lugs were a bit softer and one focused on the carcass being quite a bit softer.

I think it might be worth it to spray the inside of the carcass to help soften it a bit more.

T Snotz Tech Thread! - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
TorqueMaster BR-XL tech thread JohnRobHolmes Electronics 424 02-24-2015 12:45 PM
Pre-tech thread War Pig Scale Nationals 26 09-27-2012 07:37 AM
Snotz and Son of Snotz rockcod Axial AX-10 Scorpion 5 04-30-2008 06:03 AM