Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Tires and Wheels

Notices

Thread: first ever beadlock attempt

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2013, 04:24 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default first ever beadlock attempt

Here are picks from my first beadlock attempt. The beads aren't perfect around the edge of the wheel, it was hard fitting the crawler innovations foams inside these (i didn't trim anything). Do they look like they are good to go or do they need to be redone? I dont know if the beads are seated properly or are far enough in or what. Thanks.

uclabruins89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-26-2013, 08:44 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: first ever beadlock attempt

Looks good to go .
Erbing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 10:07 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Looks good

I feel manufacturers should have a standard set for the bead design geometry. Manufacturers are trying to monopolize their design. Not wrong on their part as every where in the world the same concept is applied to any product. Lately I have seen quite a few issues coming up with the interchangeability of tires and wheels. Unfortunately the customer suffers.
wings_of_fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 03:50 PM   #4
Jus
I wanna be Dave

The beads look a little funky in places. That would drive me crazy. I'm not familiar with those wheels at all to offer any advice on how to avoid that. It could also be that the PB rubber is soooo damn soft that any tiny inconsistency would cause that and functionally they are probably fine.
Jus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 06:42 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

Personally, I would not call that good. The beads should be flat and uniform. If you have waves, you may be pinching the bead incorrectly and could cause tears. Undo one and make sure the bead isn't cut. I'd hate for you ruin new tires. Manufacturers will not warranty tires if they are damaged from incorrect seating.

Don't mean to sound harsh or to scare you.

-Brian
808DA6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 08:33 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by 808DA6 View Post
Personally, I would not call that good. The beads should be flat and uniform. If you have waves, you may be pinching the bead incorrectly and could cause tears. Undo one and make sure the bead isn't cut. I'd hate for you ruin new tires. Manufacturers will not warranty tires if they are damaged from incorrect seating.

Don't mean to sound harsh or to scare you.

-Brian
Not at all thats why i was asking.... I trimmed the foams a little better and they sat more flush and bead looked better. They were not ripped when i pulled them apart.
Old 06-26-2013, 09:14 PM   #7
Jus
I wanna be Dave

Glad there was no damage to the beads.
Jus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 10:07 PM   #8
RCC Addict

Yeah the Pitbulls are interesting to mount on the OMFs...as I have a set myself. I would say most of the issue is the on the back side. When I mount my tires, I put the rear part first, then sandwich the front, then put the 4 screws in the back. Seems to work pretty well. Practice makes a better outcome but I feel that I've never gotten the PB's to sit 100% perfect in the omfs.

Side note: Need to meet up sometime fellow San Diegan. =)
Shinjari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 10:24 PM   #9
Rock Crawler

bruin: Glad they worked out. Now.....GET OUT AND DO WORK!!! Hahahaha. Runnum bald.
808DA6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 05:06 PM   #10
I wanna be Dave

I would have done the same thing and reseated them. Good job and the combo looks awesome. Down the road with a little more wheel time i am going to beadlocks.
cmbscx10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 02:16 AM   #11
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmbscx10 View Post
I would have done the same thing and reseated them. Good job and the combo looks awesome. Down the road with a little more wheel time i am going to beadlocks.
Thanks. I ran it through a rocky creek the other day, had a blast!!! glad it was shallow as i have no waterproofed anything yet, so that is my next quest, I took the wheels apart to dry the foams, but I will post new pics of them seated better. I also have another color combo I wanna try, I bought blue #2 rings so that will be an awesome combo I will try that another time as there are too many effin screws for 5 wheels.

Here are a couple pics from my first real day of driving

Old 07-08-2013, 03:59 PM   #12
Pebble Pounder

Did you do all of those screws by hand? Ouch!

-Corrupt
Corrupt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 01:28 PM   #13
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by uclabruins89 View Post
Here are picks from my first beadlock attempt. The beads aren't perfect around the edge of the wheel, it was hard fitting the crawler innovations foams inside these (i didn't trim anything). Do they look like they are good to go or do they need to be redone? I dont know if the beads are seated properly or are far enough in or what. Thanks.

I know y ur tires wobble its cuz as u see on ur pics here that's the bead isn't seated evenly all the way around the bead locks hope iam not to late on solving ur wobble issue
slow-go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 02:37 PM   #14
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow-go View Post
I know y ur tires wobble its cuz as u see on ur pics here that's the bead isn't seated evenly all the way around the bead locks hope iam not to late on solving ur wobble issue

After redoing the tires they were a little better, then running them once they sat perfectly. Now I can take them apart and reassemble without any issues getting them to seat properly.. I think running them once really helped massage them into there. The wobble still exists at times with the seat perfectly in there because my outer foam was a bit out of balance, just gotta massage them after reassembly and the wobble goes away

first ever beadlock attempt - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Attempt at a JK theBOY 1.9 Scale Rigs 10 12-30-2012 03:40 PM
My first attempt. Kanine38 Chit Chat 11 02-20-2010 08:21 PM