Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Tires and Wheels

Notices

Thread: Crawler Innovations 2.2 Deuce's Wild Single Stage Scaler and Comp Foams

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2013, 09:07 AM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default Crawler Innovations 2.2 Deuce's Wild Single Stage Scaler and Comp Foams

The Deuce's Wild Foam Line will carry several different design and shaped single stage closed cell foams.

Deuce's Wild Foams

The purpose for the new design:
- improve handling and tracking at speed; essentially filling a tire with more air pressure in the 1:1 world
- 100% water proof
- tunable; the end user can trim the foam ribbing to increase forward bite
- a foam designed for 7-8 pound and heavier scalers
-C.I. vents all tire combos because the closed cell foam is water proof and does not breathe. Without air movement, the tires and foams do not conform as designed. Depending on the height of the tire, it will have either 3 or 4 holes. The size of the breather hole is 2mm.

These are already offered for 1.9 wheels and tires and now they are offered for 2.2 wheels and tires.

Standard and Tall versions for 2.2 Wheels/Tires

Standard
Scale & Competition Crawler Tires.

This foam fits the Axial BFG Crawler; Axial Ripsaw; HB Rover; HB Sedona; Panther Leopard; Panther Cougar, & similar height & width tires.

These foams were designed for use in the RECON G6 trails & RECON EXO Terra racing.

Tall
Scale & Competition Crawler Tires

This foam fits the Pitbull Rock Beast 2; RC4WD MT 2.2 Baja Claw TTC; RC4WD 2.2 IROK, RC4WD 2.2 TSL Bogger, & similar height & width tires.

These foams were designed for use in the RECON G6 trails & RECON EXO Terra racing.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Got some Duece's Wild single stage foams from Eddie at Crawler Innovations. I think they will be perfect for this 15lbs rig. Szczerba's 2.2 CXT

I was running 5.25" Crawler Innovations Double Deuce Foams with firm outers.

I got the 2.2 talls and the 2.2 standard. Mounting up the standards for these swampers.

Old setup on top new standard setup on bottom. New setup squares the tire up good and gives it full support.

Old setup on top new setup on bottom. New setup holds the weight alot better with not tire squat. Tough to see in the picture but the old setup had a good amount of tire squat.

Last edited by Szczerba; 12-05-2013 at 09:50 AM.
Szczerba is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-05-2013, 09:28 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Crawler Innovations 2.2 Deuce's Wild Single Stage Scaler and Comp Foams

I got some for the BFG Krawlers on my Wraith, and for a set of 1.9 Treps, can't wait to try them out.
ROWDY RACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 09:31 AM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Crawler Innovations 2.2 Deuce's Wild Single Stage Scaler and Comp Foams

These would be great for my wraith. Soggy foams suck.
Calderwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 09:47 AM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROWDY RACING View Post
I got some for the BFG Krawlers on my Wraith, and for a set of 1.9 Treps, can't wait to try them out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calderwood View Post
These would be great for my wraith. Soggy foams suck.
Yep, I run the 1.9 Deuce's Wild foams in the 1.9 Pitbulls and they are great for scalers.

I have not ran the 2.2 on this 15lbs CXT rig just yet. My test rock pile isn't big enough!

And Eddie is selling combos in the "Specials and Combos" section of the site.

http://www.crawlerinnovations.com/in...mart&Itemid=72

Old 12-06-2013, 02:51 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

Just snagged a set of these for my 2.2 Irok's. you say vented wheels are going to make these work best?
realsickclown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 03:47 PM   #6
RCC Addict

had i set for a few days now and they are just bada$$ no more folding side walls
VP Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 03:52 PM   #7
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by realsickclown View Post
Just snagged a set of these for my 2.2 Irok's. you say vented wheels are going to make these work best?
Vent the wheels or tires...pros and cons of both. Also depends how much water you run in. I avoid intentionally running through deep water, just causes cleanup headache.

Crawler Innovations foams are the shiz.
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 03:53 PM   #8
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by realsickclown View Post
Vent the wheels or tires...pros and cons of both. Also depends how much water you run in. I avoid intentionally running through deep water, just causes cleanup headache.

Crawler Innovations foams are the shiz. Thanks for posting good info Szczerba.
Old 12-06-2013, 04:03 PM   #9
I wanna be Dave

Default Crawler Innovations 2.2 Deuce's Wild Single Stage Scaler and Comp Foams

Vent the tires, IMO. Eddie vents all his tires that go out of the CI shop.

Old 12-06-2013, 05:10 PM   #10
Jus
I wanna be Dave

You need to vent the tires. Those foams will generally seal up vented rims. Since they are waterproof there is nothing to worry about with vented tires no matter where you drive.
Jus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 10:26 PM   #11
Suck it up!

Sweet! I was just thinking about getting some CI foams for the Wraith...
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 11:38 PM   #12
Suck it up!

Ordered!
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 04:13 AM   #13
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duuuuuuuude View Post
Ordered!
you made a wise choice, my friend
realsickclown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 11:36 AM   #14
I wanna be Dave

Looks good but most likely to stiff for most wraiths.

Maybe vented combos will work and these are waterproof. Where the dual stage foams arent water proof.
evan03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 01:36 PM   #15
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by evan03 View Post

Maybe vented combos will work and these are waterproof. Where the dual stage foams arent water proof.
Um too stiff for Wraith??? Wraith is heavier than SCX and they come in different heights and densit!
Old 12-08-2013, 01:44 PM   #16
I wanna be Dave

Quote:

These foams have grooves that can be trimmed for a softer feel on contact patch. Or trimmed to increase forward traction. Venting or not venting tires, foams or wheels are the end users choice. I think there is enough versatility in these single stage foams that they can work for a variety of 2.2 trucks. These single stage foams may not be for everyone or every rig but Crawler Innovations gives the customers enough options to get darn close.

Old 12-08-2013, 01:57 PM   #17
RCC Addict

Quote:

r you nuts ? i run these in my wraith and with the pro 4 high speed and slow crawling is just bada$$
VP Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 07:25 AM   #18
I wanna be Dave

I run the 6.0 dual stage soft front med rear. Tunning rings removed. At about 10lbs they work great at 6lbs I'd like them a lot softer.

I do like that we can butcher them easily to our own needs.

I've butcherd my inners and it does seem to bite harder.
evan03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 07:59 PM   #19
Pebble Pounder

Dumb question but I'm new, what's the purpose of foams?
tjcj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 08:34 PM   #20
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjcj View Post
Dumb question but I'm new, what's the purpose of foams?
To support the tires. There are several types of tire foams out there for rc crawlers.

Crawler Innovations 2.2 Deuce's Wild Single Stage Scaler and Comp Foams - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Deuce's Wild - Single Stage Closed Cell for the Proline 1.9 TSL SX *XL* Nova's Ark Crawler Innovations 47 04-02-2015 04:14 PM
Deuce's Wild - Single Stage Closed Cell for the Pit Bull 1.9 Rock Beast Nova's Ark Crawler Innovations 26 05-06-2014 01:11 PM
*GIVEAWAY* Crawler Innovations Deuce's Wild 1.9" CC Single Stage Foam Set *GIVEAWAY** Nova's Ark Vaterra Twin Hammers 53 11-11-2013 06:57 AM
*GIVEAWAY* Crawler Innovations Deuce's Wild 1.9" CC Single Stage Foam Set *GIVEAWAY** Nova's Ark Axial SCX-10 66 10-18-2013 10:35 PM
My crawler innovations 1.9 single stage review. Chaotic Crawlers Tires and Wheels 8 08-29-2010 06:30 PM