Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Tires and Wheels

Notices

Thread: Voodoo U4 Time Frame

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-04-2015, 08:17 AM   #481
www.ottsix.com

Default Re: Voodoo U4 Time Frame

I'd go with the DD 5.5 with medium outers or even better yet, firm outers if you have the time to break them in
crawl-o-matic is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-01-2016, 12:07 AM   #482
Pebble Pounder

I'm still a little confused on the compounds. Which would be the best for running very high speeds? (44mph on my GPS) I was about to order the blue compound, but want to be sure. Looking for the stiffest one. Also, can someone recommend what foams would be my best choice for high speeds.

Thanks guys!

Last edited by Crazykev; 01-01-2016 at 12:10 AM.
Crazykev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 11:53 AM   #483
Pebble Pounder

I ended up going with the blue compound and was going to use the standard size single stage CI foams. I mounted the tires and foams onto the stock wheels while I waited for the Gear Head U4 wheels to show up. I don't like how much the tires disc out at high speeds, so I ordered a set of the 5.75 tall single stage Deuce's Wild CI foams. Hope this helps keep the tires in shape at high speeds. Other than the discing out of the tires, I think they are the stickiest kick ass tires I have ran on ANY of my dozens of trucks I have had over the past 28 years.

Is there ever going to be a firmer compound than the blue dots? I have read this thread and came across discussions of a red compound.

Old 02-14-2016, 11:56 AM   #484
Pebble Pounder

The blue compound is literally sticky! My daughter, who is 9, asked if I spilled Mountain Dew on them, LOL The truck no longer spins tires AT ALL and just wheelies. Even in the dirt and grass it still pulls the front wheels up while throwing a rooster tail.
Old 02-14-2016, 12:29 PM   #485
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazykev View Post
I don't like how much the tires disc out at high speeds, so I ordered a set of the 5.75 tall single stage Deuce's Wild CI foams.
I used the DW talls in my voodoo U4's. I did find they wanted to bow out the tread a wee bit, so i trimmed the ribbing and now i think they fit perfectly. And since the tread on these tires is so deep and flexible, i don't miss that ribbing at all.
Cultus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 07:17 PM   #486
www.ottsix.com

DW is the answer but you'll need to really pay close attention to high speed shock tuning
crawl-o-matic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 11:44 PM   #487
Pebble Pounder

Hey Matt...been following the Voodoo tires for months and finally pulled the trigger on some blue compounds for my Yeti RR Kit. I've added quite a bit of aluminum and am using and oversized battery in a modified compartment (7200 3S). So she's pretty heavy when loaded and running.

When ordering I picked the blues but in reading some of your replies it seems they aren't made for high speeds. I never run on a track...strictly bashing in loose dirt and gravel and grass...and I've got CI DW standard foams to go in them. Will the blue work or should I swap them for a different compound before I open and use them? Bought them from amain so exchanges are simple.

Thanks for any advice you can throw my way. I still am not sure what compound I'd have chosen if it wasn't blue anyway.

Last edited by Dbdynsty25; 03-14-2017 at 01:10 AM.
Dbdynsty25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 08:51 AM   #488
RCC Addict

I don't think you'll have a problem with the Blues myself at all, especially if you're just racing around.
Sneetches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 05:29 PM   #489
Pebble Pounder

Mounted up and ready to go:

Old 03-15-2017, 12:29 AM   #490
RCC Addict

I keep seeing pictures of those Roosts to the point where I'm going to have to get a pair just to admire. Also, are those the new 2.2 MTRs back there?
Sneetches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 01:53 AM   #491
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneetches View Post
I keep seeing pictures of those Roosts to the point where I'm going to have to get a pair just to admire. Also, are those the new 2.2 MTRs back there?
LOL...I eyed the Roosts for a long time and finally decided I needed a pair of silver to go w/ my Incision Methods. The tires in the back are the new RC4WD Goodyear Wrangler 2.2s (I think that's what you mean by MT/Rs, so yeah). Not a huge fan of them. Thought they were really good at first, until I tried some others and I definitely think they are more of a crawling tire as opposed to a bashing tire, which I do 95% of the time. Which is why I got the Voodoo U4s now. Ran the MTRs w/ CI Tall Foams (Deuces Wild) and they are fine. They just don't hook up in the loose gravel and grass that I run in mostly. So just needed a reason for a change I guess. here they are when they were new:

Last edited by Dbdynsty25; 03-15-2017 at 01:59 AM.
Old 01-21-2019, 08:12 AM   #492
Rock Stacker

Sorry for digging this very old thread. But I think this is the best way to ask an stupid question. Is it possible to tell what type of compound (silver, red, blue) a tire is using if after the dot fade out?

I recently brought a set of voodoo u4 from market place but previous owner has no idea about the type of compound as his truck was done by a LHS. I checked the tire but really cannot read the color of the dot. I knew it could be near impossible but is there the other way to identifying compound type?

Thanks!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
lszomb is offline   Reply With Quote

Voodoo U4 Time Frame - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
voodoo yacos Tires and Wheels 19 10-04-2013 12:57 AM
Voodoo mold information crawl-o-matic Tires and Wheels 5 05-20-2013 09:25 PM
Voodoo Mold is DONE crawl-o-matic General Crawlers 37 04-03-2013 01:51 PM
***voodoo compounds*** crawl-o-matic General Crawlers 8 03-20-2013 09:19 AM
Voodoo update! crawl-o-matic General Crawlers 26 07-14-2012 06:33 PM