Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Tires and Wheels

Notices

Thread: Proline caliper 2.0 sc tires M3 pre-mounted tires for slash?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2014, 09:16 AM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default Proline caliper 2.0 sc tires M3 pre-mounted tires for slash?

Hello,
So I have the traxxas slash 4x4 low center of gravity short course truck. Since I will be racing with this, I need new tires. The stock compound tires on the track suck!! I get no traction wants so ever, so what about these pro-line calipers? Do they offer good traction (depending on track condition). Do they have slow wear to them? As you have read they are pre-mounted so its easy for me. Pm me if you'd like to know all the upgrades I put on. Thanks again, - axial 4x4 crawler
axial 4x4 crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-11-2014, 10:22 AM   #2
Suck it up!

Default Re: Proline caliper 2.0 sc tires M3 pre-mounted tires for slash?

Kind of the wrong forum...ever been to RCShortcourse?

....the best thing to do is go to the track and see what others are using. A good tire on one track is not always a good tire on another.
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 12:28 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duuuuuuuude View Post
Kind of the wrong forum...ever been to RCShortcourse?

....the best thing to do is go to the track and see what others are using. A good tire on one track is not always a good tire on another.
Yes Im a member on rcshortcourse.com but I haven't been on there for a very long time. Besides, Im getting ready to race so I needed quick advice. Anyways the guys that race at my local track only race 1/8 offroad truggy's but they also allow club racing in 1/10 short course and since Im not a member of a club at the track I don't know anyone that races yet but I will. I can say this though, the last time I was at the track my stock tires where terrible, I didn't get any traction at all. and the track is really close to a river, which means it gets flooded a lot. So then the track is always changing, it never has the same set-up. I always see a lot of bashers there fr fun, and then I see a lot of nitro 1/8 guys running there truggys. Ill ask them, because I might get into 1/8 nitro racing but Im not for sure yet. thank you for your opinion, - axial 4x4 crawler
Old 02-11-2014, 04:13 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Prolines rubber are way better than the stock Traxxas. I'm running Trencher (M2?) on my Slash basher and they are a lot grippyer than the shit Traxxas suplied with it. Also seems to hold up fine, even if i most of the time run on a little rocky surfaces. Never raced though so really don't have anything good to compare with.
Odd-M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 04:30 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Pit Bull Has Released a S/C Rock Beast Tire Which Is Pretty Bad Asser,,We Offer It In 3 Compounds ,,For Racing We Have our Super Soft Compound,, They Hook Hard,,Ive Been Getting a Bunch Of Good Feedback from Racers Using Them...
dezmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 07:07 AM   #6
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odd-M View Post
Prolines rubber are way better than the stock Traxxas. I'm running Trencher (M2?) on my Slash basher and they are a lot grippyer than the shit Traxxas suplied with it. Also seems to hold up fine, even if i most of the time run on a little rocky surfaces. Never raced though so really don't have anything good to compare with.
Thank you for your reply, I apperciate it. The pro-lines are perfect but I need to ask the other racers and see what they use, but they mostly run 1/8 offroad truggy's so it may depend on who says what.lol. - axial 4x4 crawler
Old 02-13-2014, 07:09 AM   #7
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by dezmoon View Post
Pit Bull Has Released a S/C Rock Beast Tire Which Is Pretty Bad Asser,,We Offer It In 3 Compounds ,,For Racing We Have our Super Soft Compound,, They Hook Hard,,Ive Been Getting a Bunch Of Good Feedback from Racers Using Them...
Yes that sounds nice also, I will look into this brand. The racers at my track use aka and proline as far as I know, but it may depend on the condition of the track and so on. Thanks again, - axial 4x4 crawler
Old 02-13-2014, 07:51 AM   #8
Rock Crawler

I used to run proline calipers and they were a very good tire and still are. But now I all I run is the putbull SC med soft tire and they are great, really bite good and if you get a little to much slide you just blip the throttle and it straightens right out they are truly a very amazing SC tire I run on mainly semi loose dirt track but we just recently went out to in door clay track and they performed sweet both the basher and medium soft they are all I run anymore plus there very scale looking tire I'm not a competition racer but I have my own track plus I like to go to the clay track and do practice laps when there not racing.
rjwalker is offline   Reply With Quote