Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Tires and Wheels

Notices

Thread: A few Bruiser wheel questions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2006, 08:28 AM   #1
1*

Default A few Bruiser wheel questions

I picked up a bruiser chassis a few weeks ago and am working on a scale project. I originally planned on using tlt axles, even got them all built up and ready. After seeing all the posts of scalers using Bruiser axles, I figured wtf, I might as well go all out. I now have a rear axle and will be picking up the front soon.

That brings me to my questions, what wheels to use? First off, what size is the original Bruiser wheel? Is it 2.2, 1.9 or something else? From some of the posts I read it seemed it was a beadlock. Is this right?

If I don't go with the original wheels, what options are there? I know rc4wd is talking about a Bruiser beadlock, but it's not available yet. I've read the rc4wd adapters are too wide to be practical. Does anyone else make an adapter?

Thanks for any help. I'm interested in hearing what wheels you guys are using with your Bruiser axles.

Last edited by rcr3fan29; 11-17-2006 at 09:08 AM.
rcr3fan29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-17-2006, 09:16 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

Bruiser wheels are 2.2, and yes they are a 2 piece wheel with inner rings to form a beadlock. Mountaineer wheels are a 1 piece wheel, also 2.2 and very awesome looking.

Rc4wd has made a few different alum wheels over the years that are a direct bolt on, there is also guys over on rcmt building wheels for bruisers.

Bruiser wheels arent too hard to find, but ive heard the mountys can go for a pretty penny. Although i just bought a set on ebay for a pretty good price
TerribleOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 01:29 PM   #3
1*

Thanks Terrible1. Do most people use the original hubs or the rc4wd ones?
Old 11-17-2006, 01:37 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcr3fan29
Thanks Terrible1. Do most people use the original hubs or the rc4wd ones?
I have the stock ones on mine, although the rc4wd ones will work. Note, the rc4wd ones will need some slight modification to fit right. Also you'll want rear hubs to have full 4wd.
TerribleOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 01:41 AM   #5
Official Scale Nazi

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerribleOne
I have the stock ones on mine, although the rc4wd ones will work. Note, the rc4wd ones will need some slight modification to fit right. Also you'll want rear hubs to have full 4wd.
To clarify you'll want rear hubs to install on the front too so it's all time 4WD.
pigeonfarmboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 02:54 AM   #6
MWRCA'er

Rc 4wd drive hubs are better, not pot metal.
Mnster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 09:22 PM   #7
1*

Thanks for the hub info. As for wheels, I take it I should either pick an original Bruiser set or wait for the rc4wd ones? Thanks.
Old 11-19-2006, 07:20 AM   #8
Sinking with the ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mnster
Rc 4wd drive hubs are better, not pot metal.
but require modification to fit I had to file the slotted part of the hub to get it over the axle. Also the holes where the wheel sit into werent large enough and I had to drill them out...

As t1 already stated, they are 2.2 Bruiser wheels are a internal bead lock. I sent a set to David @ Xtreme and he made me a working narrowed set which makes them look 10X better cause they are to wide and fugly as it is. Youll definitely want to put rock rings on them...painting them black looks best too.

Foe model/Bruiser builder (Forrest) is working on a set of direct bolt on beadlock wheels. They will be available in a month or so. His wheels are SUPER NICE and of very high quality.

-Mike
1BadJeepBruiser is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 09:25 AM   #9
Quarry Creeper

1BadJeepBruiser, can I see a pic of those. You mention those wheels before in another thread.
Thundermaxx is offline   Reply With Quote