Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Tires and Wheels

Notices

Thread: 1.9 tire test

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-07-2014, 10:36 AM   #21
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: 1.9 tire test

He edited the video and brought it down to 50% to make it look more real. Hope you all enjoy it

Sent from space
Crawlininga is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-07-2014, 12:19 PM   #22
I wanna be Dave

Ok cool. I was asking because I have a high speed camera and would like to duplicate the same frame rate as your vid.
Johnnysplits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 02:14 PM   #23
Pebble Pounder

All that stuff is over my head lol I just drive and he does the shooting and editing lol! I'll get him to get on here and y'all can discuss all that high tech stuff haha

Sent from space
Crawlininga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 02:51 PM   #24
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnysplits View Post
Ok cool. I was asking because I have a high speed camera and would like to duplicate the same frame rate as your vid.
Hey Johnny, first off thanks for the feedback on the video.

As for the technique used, I shot the vid at 60fps and used iMovie to convert to 50% speed then exported it. It really adds to the realism.

RCTogether is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 03:15 PM   #25
I wanna be Dave

Awesome...thanks guys!!
Old 09-09-2014, 12:07 AM   #26
Rock Stacker

Nice videos for sure. Will you be comparing the growlers and proline tsl next?
javi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 12:15 PM   #27
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by javi View Post
Nice videos for sure. Will you be comparing the growlers and proline tsl next?
Thanks, and good question. We performed an undocumented test between the TSL XL and the Growler at another testing area. It was impromptu so no video was taken.

We picked three lines and used my SCX10 Honcho as a baseline. I had "crawlininga" do the driving for consistency sake. The TSLs were able to pull all the lines that the Growlers did. Keep in mind this was 100% rock, no dirt, mud or anything just some big boulders and very tricky lines.

The first thing he said is that that TSLs tended to hop a bit more when attempting to bite at slower speeds on the rock. This is likely due to the larger lugs. Despite this he continued to prove that the TSLs made all the lines the Growler did. I noticed that the TSLs were a little better on some lines and the Growlers had an edge on other.

The bottom line from this test session, which again was ONLY rock, was that they were pretty even, but that the Growlers may have a slight edge in terms of finesse due to the slow speed wheel hop you can get with the TSLs. Based on what we had previously seen with the Peaks vs Growlers in dirt and knowing how the TSLs perform in dirt, we feel confident the TSLs would have at least a slight edge in the dirt.

If there are enough folks on here that would like to see some actual video footage of these two head to head, or any other tire testing just post in this thread and we will see what we can do to help out!

Thanks!
RCTogether
Old 09-09-2014, 10:23 PM   #28
Rock Stacker

Thanks for the response and taking the time to do the videos.
javi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 10:58 AM   #29
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCTogether View Post
Thanks, and good question. We performed an undocumented test between the TSL XL and the Growler at another testing area. It was impromptu so no video was taken.

We picked three lines and used my SCX10 Honcho as a baseline. I had "crawlininga" do the driving for consistency sake. The TSLs were able to pull all the lines that the Growlers did. Keep in mind this was 100% rock, no dirt, mud or anything just some big boulders and very tricky lines.

The first thing he said is that that TSLs tended to hop a bit more when attempting to bite at slower speeds on the rock. This is likely due to the larger lugs. Despite this he continued to prove that the TSLs made all the lines the Growler did. I noticed that the TSLs were a little better on some lines and the Growlers had an edge on other.

The bottom line from this test session, which again was ONLY rock, was that they were pretty even, but that the Growlers may have a slight edge in terms of finesse due to the slow speed wheel hop you can get with the TSLs. Based on what we had previously seen with the Peaks vs Growlers in dirt and knowing how the TSLs perform in dirt, we feel confident the TSLs would have at least a slight edge in the dirt.

If there are enough folks on here that would like to see some actual video footage of these two head to head, or any other tire testing just post in this thread and we will see what we can do to help out!

Thanks!
RCTogether
I would like to see how the Wild Peaks compare to the TSLs in rock and dirt. Any chance you do some video like that? So far most of what I have seen is rock. I would love to see more dirt stuff if you guys are up for it.
-bjb- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 11:05 AM   #30
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by javi View Post
Thanks for the response and taking the time to do the videos.
No problem bud!
Old 09-11-2014, 11:13 AM   #31
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by -bjb- View Post
I would like to see how the Wild Peaks compare to the TSLs in rock and dirt. Any chance you do some video like that? So far most of what I have seen is rock. I would love to see more dirt stuff if you guys are up for it.
I will check with the driver to verify but he may have sold the Wild Peaks mounted on another SCX10 that he had. Even so, I know who he might have sold them too and we could probably get him to help out to put together a video comparison of these two.

Either way, I will make sure to post it here once we put something together!
Old 09-19-2014, 04:20 PM   #32
Rock Stacker

***NEW TIRE TEST VIDEO***

Some of you had asked to see how the TSL XL compared to the Wild Peak tire in the dirt. We got the RCTogether crew together recently to shoot a video comparison of these two. Let us know what you think, and if there are any question or comments you have for us feel free to leave them here or on our YouTube channel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHY4rxnC6d4

Hope this is helpful to some of you that are looking to try new tires out in the 1.9 size.

Old 09-19-2014, 06:16 PM   #33
Rock Stacker

Great visual comparison tests. Very useful info. Any chance of a comparo between the Rock Beast and the TSL XL?
knightsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 07:41 PM   #34
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightsy View Post
Great visual comparison tests. Very useful info. Any chance of a comparo between the Rock Beast and the TSL XL?
Thanks for the feedback, as for the Rock Beast vs the TSL XL, I think that may be the next logical test.

We also had a request to run a test between the Growler and the TSL XL. Both of those comparisons are ones we would like to perform. We will make sure to update this thread as soon as we have more reviews ready to share!
Old 09-20-2014, 03:32 PM   #35
Rock Stacker

Quote:

Some of you had asked to see how the TSL XL compared to the Wild Peak tire in the dirt. We got the RCTogether crew together recently to shoot a video comparison of these two. Let us know what you think, and if there are any question or comments you have for us feel free to leave them here or on our YouTube channel.

Hope this is helpful to some of you that are looking to try new tires out in the 1.9 size.

Thanks for doing that.

Looks like the TSLs did noticeably better in the moist dirt/clay. I am looking forward to your Pit Bull RB comparison.
-bjb- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 05:38 PM   #36
RCC Addict

I for one would love to see how the growlers do against the tsl's. I have tsl's and am interested in the growlers.
JesterSpec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 05:48 PM   #37
Rock Stacker

Sounds like we need to test Growlers vs TSL XL vs Rock Beast.

Does this sound like the popular opinion on the next test?
Old 09-20-2014, 06:05 PM   #38
I wanna be Dave

For sure! I have rock beast and falkens already mounted up for my current build!
Bananaclip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 06:30 PM   #39
I wanna be Dave

Quote:

Man, that vid was awesome!! But I could have told you the wild peaks suck on ice lol. Ran a set less than an hour on the trail...we're for sale that same day. Using pavers on the face of that hill was really cool!!
Old 09-20-2014, 06:42 PM   #40
RCC Addict

Quote:
Sounds like we need to test Growlers vs TSL XL vs Rock Beast.

Does this sound like the popular opinion on the next test?
Oh yeah!!! TSL's will remain supreme off the rocks with the lug pattern more than likely...but it looks very close between Falken & Growlers. I love the Pit bull kompound it just seems they are lil wide which gives more contact to the surface! That may be the only edge I can see.
GREAT VIDS & DRIVING!!!! KEEP EM COMING
sic1to is offline   Reply With Quote

1.9 tire test - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tire test 1.55 mudslingers ROLANDROCKSHOP Scale Videos! 7 03-06-2011 11:44 AM
Axial 2.2 Rock Lizards Tire, tire test rockwerks Tires and Wheels 1 05-27-2007 03:02 PM
Stock Tire test TwistedXT General Crawlers 17 02-16-2006 12:58 PM
LOTS PICS, Shock test, Narrow Wheel Test, Tire Pattern Test, LOTS inside Mutt General Crawlers 9 12-28-2005 09:30 PM
Tire Test: Imex 2.2 All-T Grizzly4x4 Tires and Wheels 36 04-07-2005 09:03 AM