Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Tires and Wheels

Notices

Thread: Rc4wd raceline wheels?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2014, 11:30 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default Rc4wd raceline wheels?

so how are these i wanna get a set but i know rc4wd is like tossing a coin so any one had any and how did they/do they do? and hows there quality,
gunder463 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-29-2014, 08:19 AM   #2
RMK
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Rc4wd raceline wheels?

I've always liked their stamped steel wheels and their aluminum wheels are equally nice.
RMK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 09:06 AM   #3
RCC Addict

They're great quality, I have the 1.9's. Only thing you have to watch out for is the screws on the front coming loose. They hold beads good, and are relativiely easy to put together, since there's only 6 screws in the back ring holding it all together.
canadianbacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2014, 03:55 AM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Just bought the racelines (1.9 Black) - Excellent Quality, but I couldn't get them mounted to Pitbull Rock beasts. The tire is too soft to squeeze the bead in or something, but I tried over an hour to mount one wheel and couldnt get it. Had just as much trouble with their other wheels (stamped steelies and Mickey Thompson classic locks) They have a disclaimer that they do not guarantee fitment with all tire brands, and in my experience - that is an understatement. They mount easily and perfectly to RC4WD Tires, but their tires are stiffer and its easier to seat the bead. Who knows if its an effort to push their tires with their wheels or what, But I'm fed up with them. I'e got 5 different sets of RC4WD wheels up on Ebay right now, because I didn't want to use their tires, and couldn't mount my preferred tires to their wheels. (admittedly 2 sets are the steelies, and the issue I had with them was the screws seemed just too short to squeeze the halves together.)
tomvaillencourt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2016, 04:27 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Reviving an old post. I bought a set of 1.9 Racelines and IROKS and haven't been able to get one together after over an hour of messing with them. Does anyone know of a video showing the trick to these wheels? HELP...
offroad1911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2016, 07:37 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

You shouldn't have any issues mounting RC4WD tires to RC4WD wheels. I have a set of 1.9s with Rock Beasts and 2 sets of 2.2s with Pro-Line tires and the RC4WD blue rings for Pro-Lines. They've all mounted up with no problems. I don't have a video, so I'll try to explain with words.

I always start with the back side before doing the fronts, because there are fewer screws to deal with in back. It helps to push the center edge of the foam away from the edge of the beadlock ring before tightening the screws so that the corner of the foam doesn't get caught between the bead and the ring. I usually get the first screw started by just a couple of turns, and then do the same with the screw 180 degrees opposite. I then start a third screw next to one of the first two and tighten it a few turns further than the first two. I'll put the fourth 180 degrees opposite from the thirs and also tighten it a few turns further than the first two. From there, I add the last two screws and progressively tighten in a star-like pattern.

On the front side, I usually start with 12:00 and 6:00, then 2:00 and 10:00, and 4:00 and 8:00. The same guidance with the foams applies. Once I have all six of those started, I tighten them all in a star pattern before adding the rest of the screws all the way around.

I hope that helps. If you're still having trouble, feel free to post a vid so we can try to give you some pointers.
new2rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2016, 08:11 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

I'm putting the center piece into the tire then sliding the wheel into it and it's a good fit, but the problem I'm having is the inner ring with the six holes is not even coming close to the wheel to start the threads.
Old 07-23-2016, 09:05 PM   #8
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by offroad1911 View Post
I'm putting the center piece into the tire then sliding the wheel into it and it's a good fit, but the problem I'm having is the inner ring with the six holes is not even coming close to the wheel to start the threads.
use longer screws to draw in that ring close enough to use the flat head screws
gottorque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2016, 09:07 PM   #9
Quarry Creeper

Does anyone know if SLW hubs bolt up to these wheels or is there modification needed. I noticed when I put the wheel on it rubs the steering knuckle.
Old 07-24-2016, 12:34 PM   #10
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by new2rocks View Post
...I don't have a video, so I'll try to explain with words.

I always start with the back side before doing the fronts, because there are fewer screws to deal with in back. It helps to push the center edge of the foam away from the edge of the beadlock ring before tightening the screws so that the corner of the foam doesn't get caught between the bead and the ring. I usually get the first screw started by just a couple of turns, and then do the same with the screw 180 degrees opposite. I then start a third screw next to one of the first two and tighten it a few turns further than the first two. I'll put the fourth 180 degrees opposite from the thirs and also tighten it a few turns further than the first two. From there, I add the last two screws and progressively tighten in a star-like pattern.

On the front side, I usually start with 12:00 and 6:00, then 2:00 and 10:00, and 4:00 and 8:00. The same guidance with the foams applies. Once I have all six of those started, I tighten them all in a star pattern before adding the rest of the screws all the way around.

I hope that helps. If you're still having trouble, feel free to post a vid so we can try to give you some pointers.
X2, I always start with the deeper half of the wheel (usually the back side) and seat that into the tire and inner lock ring, then while holding that line up the front half with rear half holes, gently working and squeezing them together, working around the wheel, this helps seat the front bead. Then start with some longer screws if needed, slowly tightening in star pattern. Every few turns of the screws, I again squeeze the front and back halves together at the bead while working around the wheel couple times, then tighten screws little more and repeat until they are all snug.

If they are stubborn a little water on a Q-Tip spread inside and out of the front side tire bead helps the bead to tuck into the inner lock ring properly.
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 04:58 PM   #11
Quarry Creeper

Decided to order the blue RC4WD center rings to see if that helps my problem. I'm still needing to find out if SLW hubs will work with these wheels. Surely someone has tried it.
Old 07-25-2016, 06:36 PM   #12
Quarry Creeper

Ok I have found out that SLW use 4-40 hardware which is larger than M2.5 hardware that the wheels use. That's not a problem cause I have no problem drilling the holes larger to accommodate the larger hardware. I just need to know if the hole pattern in the wheel line up with the pattern on the hubs. If anyone has theses wheels and a set of SLW hubs, I would greatly appreciate the trouble you go to and check if the holes line up. Thanks.
Old 07-25-2016, 07:15 PM   #13
I wanna be Dave

Iirc the hubs will work, but it's been awhile since I owned these wheels.
There are also Shift hubs with varying offset and VP bolt pattern.
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 08:38 PM   #14
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natedog View Post
Iirc the hubs will work, but it's been awhile since I owned these wheels.
There are also Shift hubs with varying offset and VP bolt pattern.
Thank you, the answer I've been searching for. RPP here I come.
Old 07-29-2016, 10:02 PM   #15
Quarry Creeper

Well the blue Proline center rings from RC4WD worked like a charm. Twenty minutes and all four were done. Hope this helps anyone else having trouble mounting tires on the Raceline wheels.
Old 07-31-2016, 07:48 PM   #16
Quarry Creeper

Default Rc4wd raceline wheels?

To use SLW hubs you would have to drill out the screw holes as well as the center hole. Wouldn't leave much real estate between them.

Here are a couple photos.

SLW hub on top.

SLW hub on left.

It might work, but it will be close.
As close as I can tell the hole pattern does line up.

Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by Sammy J.; 07-31-2016 at 07:51 PM.
Sammy J. is offline   Reply With Quote

Rc4wd raceline wheels? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
PitBull Rock Beasts & RC4WD Raceline Monster Wheels n_d_fox Tires and Wheels 7 12-04-2014 09:00 PM