RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Tires and Wheels (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/tires-wheels/)
-   -   want the hb rovers but sizes kinda suck?.. (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/tires-wheels/535767-want-hb-rovers-but-sizes-kinda-suck.html)

kicker1970 05-15-2015 05:13 PM

want the hb rovers but sizes kinda suck?..

Brand new on rccrawler.com
Im looking for a good set of tires for my scx-10 deadbolt..my cousin got the hpi crawler king with the 2.2 hot bodies rovers on it and those tires grab everything. I want them or something very similar, but ive read that the 1.9s are small and you lose ground clearance..i dont wanna get the 2.2s and make my truck look like a monster truck..so my question is what tires/wheels/foams would be similar to the rovers tread but more of the stock tire size? Thanks in advance:)

Dezertdirt 05-16-2015 11:06 PM

Re: want the hb rovers but sizes kinda suck?..

If you want rover but don't like the size you could try making your own by either reducing the 2.2 to 1.9 or enlarging the 1.9 using a larger sidewall. You could also get some scale tires like the 1.9 rock beasts or trepidore or the tsl or flat irons or one of the many other scale tires that work well.

gottorque 05-16-2015 11:33 PM

J Concepts just released a 1.9 tire that looks pretty close to the Rover. Perhaps give them a try?

MountainStorm 05-17-2015 08:50 AM

Rovers are the least scale tread out there lol...but great crawlers.

Love my Pitbulls even more. Scale w/ great compound. Compound trumps tread design from my experience.

kicker1970 05-18-2015 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dezertdirt (Post 5226288)
If you want rover but don't like the size you could try making your own by either reducing the 2.2 to 1.9 or enlarging the 1.9 using a larger sidewall. You could also get some scale tires like the 1.9 rock beasts or trepidore or the tsl or flat irons or one of the many other scale tires that work well.

Thanks for the reply but I doubt i have the skill to modify tires and have them work/look good lol..my deadbolt came with the trepadors on it and i like them for rocks but anything else they seam to spin a lot..im guessing the flat iron would be about the same..mostly im climbing dirt/grass hills in my local gravel pit..so i need something with more grip..the tsl might be a good option ..i havent seen the rock beasts yet..but i have good rock tires already..i need someting more for dirt i guess..

kicker1970 05-18-2015 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gottorque (Post 5226304)
J Concepts just released a 1.9 tire that looks pretty close to the Rover. Perhaps give them a try?

Do you have a name/ link for those?.."thumbsup"

kicker1970 05-18-2015 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arbakrie (Post 5226436)
welcome to board
Good advice by Dezertdirt how about you kicker1970 ? http://mazpics.science/49/g.png

What you asking?:roll:

kicker1970 05-18-2015 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MountainStorm (Post 5226446)
Rovers are the least scale tread out there lol...but great crawlers.

Love my Pitbulls even more. Scale w/ great compound. Compound trumps tread design from my experience.

Ill look at some pitbulls..thx"thumbsup"

kicker1970 05-18-2015 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gottorque (Post 5226304)

I found them..they are called ruptures and they look perfect thanks "thumbsup"