Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Tires and Wheels

Notices

Thread: Race line Monster Wheels or SSD-RC Assassin wheels

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2015, 11:21 PM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default Race line Monster Wheels or SSD-RC Assassin wheels

RC4WD Raceline Monster 1.9 or SSD-RC Assassin Beadlocks? I really like the Raceline wheels but not really a fan of RC4WD. The SSD-RC guys are simply killing it with all their products. I like the fact that they bolt together with 6 bolts instead using the ring bolts.

I know the SSD-RC wheels use SLW hubs bolt pattern which is a nice plus.

Anyone know what hubs RC4WD uses? Also what is the bead retaining method the Racelines use?
rckjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-09-2015, 04:01 AM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: Race line Monster Wheels or SSD-RC Assassin wheels

I dunno the hub that the Monsters use, but there's only 6 bolts on the back to hold the tire, the front ring goes over the bead and clamps it to the inner ring (just like their steel wheels).
canadianbacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 05:39 AM   #3

Im trying to make the same decision! I honestly like the looks of the raceline better, but have read complaints about the beadlocks not working very well with proline swampers.
BRASSKNUCKLES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 01:49 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

RC4WD in my opinion makes great looking stuff. It rarely goes past that. Think I'm leaning toward the Assassins.
Old 06-09-2015, 06:00 PM   #5
Rock Stacker

I can't speak to the Assassins or compare them to the RC4WD wheels, but I have the SSD D-Holes in black & absolutely love them. Super easy to mount, look great and have a great feel & weight to them in the hand. If the Assassins are anything like the D-Holes, you won't be disappointed.
IronGut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 06:08 PM   #6
I joined the Band!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rckjeep View Post
RC4WD Raceline Monster 1.9 or SSD-RC Assassin Beadlocks? I really like the Raceline wheels but not really a fan of RC4WD. The SSD-RC guys are simply killing it with all their products. I like the fact that they bolt together with 6 bolts instead using the ring bolts.

Anyone know what hubs RC4WD uses? Also what is the bead retaining method the Racelines use?
I've got both SSD (2.2 on the Wraith) and RC4WD (1.9 on the SCX10) wheels and both sets are made well, but they're the stamped steel wheels instead of aluminum.

The RC4WD Raceline Monster appear to be using a ring with six screws on the back of the wheel for assembly and a lock ring similar to the SSD for locking the bead.

Eric0424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 08:07 PM   #7
I wanna be Dave

I have the steel SSD wheels and like them a lot. Anyone have a picture of the Racelines in pieces?
Old 07-24-2016, 08:50 AM   #8
Quarry Creeper

Quote:

Been looking for the answer to this for a bit now. Keep finding the question, but I guess no body has given it a try.
offroad1911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 12:27 PM   #9
I wanna be Dave

Quote:

I've owned both, SSD is the way to go. RC4WD Racelines cut the bead clean off of a brand new set of 2.2 Ripsaws, lock ring hardware was low quality, loose fitting, and if you looked at the end of the threaded screw they were triangular, not round!!! WTH? LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric0424 View Post
I've got both SSD (2.2 on the Wraith) and RC4WD (1.9 on the SCX10) wheels and both sets are made well, but they're the stamped steel wheels instead of aluminum.

The RC4WD Raceline Monster appear to be using a ring with six screws on the back of the wheel for assembly and a lock ring similar to the SSD for locking the bead.
The 1.9 Racelines are like the pictures you posted, the back ring clamps the front of the wheel on the internal ring. 2.2 Racelines, the front beadlock hardware clamps the front ring to the back of the wheel with the internal ring inside the tire.

I sold the Racelines after not being able to return them and went with another set of SSD wheels.
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 06:30 PM   #10
RCC Addict

I have owned a couple sets of RC4WD wheels and a couple sets of SSD wheels. I think the SSD wheels are better quality and I found it easier to get tires mounted on them.
Col_Sanders is online now   Reply With Quote