Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Knockoff vanquish methods on ebay???

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-23-2015, 07:58 PM   #101
I joined the Band!

Default Re: Knockoff vanquish methods on ebay???

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevem50 View Post
I disagree, I got them as a wheel for a shelf queen that won't see much use other than to be looked at.. on the same shelf are 5 other rigs with gearheads on them. Spending 200 on wheels isn't the issue.. some will just buy them to have them. Simple as that
You're a different person when you're buying for a shelf queen. You're purposely overspending for parts and accessories that look better and are more true to scale since they won't see much use/abuse and it's less likely you'll have to replace them due to damage.

I believe price is the issue. Some want the Method look, but can't afford, or simply don't want to pay, the Vanquish/Method price. If the knock-offs and Vanquish/Method's were the same price, very few would buy a low quality set of wheels and wait for the slow boat from China to arrive.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-23-2015, 08:03 PM   #102
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric0424 View Post
You really shouldn't worry too much about it. The guys buying a sub $50 set of knock-off wheels/rings/hubs were not going to buy the branded set at $202 to start with. Some will spend a lot more for a branded, high quality replica, others won't. With a 4:1 price gap there's not going to be a lot of purchaser cross-over.
I have both. I wasn't going to buy expensive wheels for my other rig, so when these popped up I figured why not. The quality is noticeably poorer, and I'm not going to pretend like I got VP wheels. It is what it is. Sometimes I buy expensive stuff and sometimes if it doesn't matter to me as much I'll cheap out, just depends what it is and what it's for.
Old 11-23-2015, 08:25 PM   #103
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnysplits View Post
I for one, will not drop $202 on a set of wheels, only to grind them to shit on rocks. I already spent $270 on two sets of gearheads...I'm done with expensive wheels! There are also a lot of people who can't afford $200 wheels which makes the cheap knockoffs that look just as good, a viable option for those people. And it's not just wheels either.
I'm with you. Blingtastic wheels have no place on my rigs. I don't build shelf queens, I build rigs that get their asses beat every run.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbean View Post
Immature is the blatant theft of someone else's design & R&D.
I wouldn't buy these in the first place, or be put out by a couple missing common screws. Just my thoughts.
You need a thesaurus or at least a dictionary before you go arguing with adults.
Old 11-23-2015, 08:32 PM   #104
Rock Crawler

Quote:
You're a different person when you're buying for a shelf queen. You're purposely overspending for parts and accessories that look better and are more true to scale since they won't see much use/abuse and it's less likely you'll have to replace them due to damage.

I believe price is the issue. Some want the Method look, but can't afford, or simply don't want to pay, the Vanquish/Method price. If the knock-offs and Vanquish/Method's were the same price, very few would buy a low quality set of wheels and wait for the slow boat from China to arrive.
Ehh.. it will get beat on when it's finally finished, but for now it will stay in 1 piece. It's the only one I currently have that isn't destroyed after the last poker run comp.. but that's another story.

We all buy shit for all kinds of reasons, and honestly, I didn't ever get vp wheels simply because they have that bolt pattern doesn't match all the other wheels I have, and when I would need to buy all the parts separate, I didn't want to deal with it and spend a bunch for the headache when I didn't like the wheel pattern $150-200 worth.. I do like it $50 worth though. And for a shelfie I don't spend a bunch of loot, because it will probably change more than once before it's done.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
Old 11-23-2015, 08:37 PM   #105
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Immature is the blatant theft of someone else's design & R&D.
I wouldn't buy these in the first place, or be put out by a couple missing common screws. Just my thoughts.
Its not immature, its the shrewd side of business which the chinese have repeated regularly since manufacturing moved there.

Steve Jobs copied the idea of a mouse from someone else. Shit happens.
Old 11-23-2015, 08:58 PM   #106
Rock Crawler

Yup... Kinda how the deal works. They work for pennies and in return they pop up with clone parts to supplement their income

Old 11-23-2015, 08:59 PM   #107
Rock Crawler

Anyone else see the clone Iwatch was on the market before apple even released it..

Old 11-23-2015, 09:08 PM   #108
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHITE-TRASH View Post
I'm with you. Blingtastic wheels have no place on my rigs. I don't build shelf queens, I build rigs that get their asses beat every run.

You need a thesaurus or at least a dictionary before you go arguing with adults.
WTAF are you talking about?
Old 11-23-2015, 09:14 PM   #109
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
WTAF are you talking about?
Try to keep up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wings_of_fire View Post
Its not immature, its the shrewd side of business which the chinese have repeated regularly since manufacturing moved there.

Steve Jobs copied the idea of a mouse from someone else. Shit happens.
Pradeep is correct, it is shrewd business and if anything unethical. Not immature in any way shape or form.
Old 11-23-2015, 09:52 PM   #110

Haha! This is what happens when you gouge customers. No RC wheel set should cost almost $200.

I pay up $150 for Gear Head wheels and even at that price the profit margins are high. You can also get Locked Up, Mayhem, Motoworx, TSS and more for less than the price of a set of Vanqui$h wheels.

I think I'm going to give these a try.
Old 11-23-2015, 10:02 PM   #111
RCC Addict

Quote:
Try to keep up.

There was nothing grammatically wrong with the statement.

Last edited by gbean; 11-23-2015 at 10:04 PM.
Old 11-23-2015, 10:14 PM   #112
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
There was nothing grammatically wrong with the statement.

im·ma·ture
ˌiməˈCHo͝or,ˌiməˈto͝or/Submit
adjective
not fully developed.
"many of the fish caught are immature"
synonyms: unripe, not mature, premature, unmellowed; More
having or showing emotional or intellectual development appropriate to someone younger.
"his immature sense of humor"
synonyms: childish, babyish, infantile, juvenile, adolescent, puerile, sophomoric, jejune, callow, green, tender, young, inexperienced, unsophisticated, unworldly, naive

Care to point out to the rest of the class where your definition fits?
Old 11-23-2015, 10:35 PM   #113
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
I don't build shelf queens, I build rigs that get their asses beat every run.
If it was me, i wouldnt tell everybody that........
Old 11-23-2015, 10:36 PM   #114
Suck it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
Haha! This is what happens when you gouge customers. No RC wheel set should cost almost $200.

I pay up $150 for Gear Head wheels and even at that price the profit margins are high. You can also get Locked Up, Mayhem, Motoworx, TSS and more for less than the price of a set of Vanqui$h wheels.

I think I'm going to give these a try.
With absolutely no disrespect towards the other wheel manufacturers mentioned (I'm truly a fan of them all), there is a reason VP charges what they do for wheels. I drooled over their 101's for a long time before I ponied up the cash and bought a set. I have personally owned/seen/held many brands of wheels in the past few years. VP's are the nicest.

Not everyone needs or wants to spend that kind of money for wheels, its perfectly understandable, but I would rather give that amount to a company that supports the hobby and takes pride in their work as opposed to giving a considerably less amount to someone who has invested minimal time, thought, and effort and couldn't care less about our sport. To them it is just another random product that they can manufacture to make a bit of money on. When they're out of stock they'll be on to some other stolen idea to reproduce...
Old 11-23-2015, 10:59 PM   #115
RCC Addict

Quote:
im·ma·ture
imCHoor,imtoor/Submit
adjective
not fully developed.
"many of the fish caught are immature"
synonyms:unripe, not mature, premature, unmellowed; More
having or showing emotional or intellectual development appropriate to someone younger.
"his immature sense of humor"
synonyms:childish, babyish, infantile, juvenile, adolescent, puerile, sophomoric, jejune, callow, green, tender, young, inexperienced, unsophisticated, unworldly, naive

Care to point out to the rest of the class where your definition fits?
Also fairly describes this back and forth.

Last edited by gbean; 11-23-2015 at 11:02 PM.
Old 11-23-2015, 11:14 PM   #116
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by roksloski View Post
If it was me, i wouldnt tell everybody that........
I'm not afraid to get creepy.

Quote:
Also fairly describes this back and forth.
I'll drive this ship into the ground, feel free to jump off if you're tired of the ride.
Old 11-23-2015, 11:30 PM   #117
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duuuuuuuude View Post
a company that supports the hobby and takes pride in their work as opposed to giving a considerably less amount to someone who has invested minimal time, thought, and effort and couldn't care less about our sport. To them it is just another random product that they can manufacture to make a bit of money on. When they're out of stock they'll be on to some other stolen idea to reproduce...
:thumbup: 100% correct

Vendors here make a profit but they are re-investing that profit into building infrastructure. With passage of time as their infra develops, they will scale up and bring in more better products with customer support. Overall the crawling community itself will gain satisfaction, less headache from it as opposed to flyby chinese manufacturers for whom this isa profit making tool.
Old 11-23-2015, 11:59 PM   #118
Suck it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wings_of_fire View Post
:thumbup: 100% correct

Vendors here make a profit but they are re-investing that profit into building infrastructure. With passage of time as their infra develops, they will scale up and bring in more better products with customer support. Overall the crawling community itself will gain satisfaction, less headache from it as opposed to flyby chinese manufacturers for whom this isa profit making tool.
Profit? What's that?

Supporting local vendors helps everyone. This sport wouldn't be where it is without them. I've got a huge amount of respect for anyone that jumps into this game with fresh ideas, as well as those that can keep them coming. It's not easy, it's not cheap, and it rarely makes anyone rich.

I see stolen ideas on facebook all the time. It pisses me off. I honestly cannot comprehend how lazy and stupid and devoid of ethical awareness a person has to be to do that and go public with it.
Old 11-24-2015, 11:27 PM   #119
I joined the Band!

Appears some consumers will believe just about anything. At the end of the day, if the buyer is pleased with their purchase, that's all that really matters. They are under no obligation to justify their decisions to any of us.

Although some of you married guys in the market for $200 Method wheels should probably start working on what you're going to tell the wives. Or burn the receipts and credit card statements.
Old 11-25-2015, 07:26 AM   #120
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Appears some consumers will believe just about anything. At the end of the day, if the buyer is pleased with their purchase, that's all that really matters. They are under no obligation to justify their decisions to any of us.

Although some of you married guys in the market for $200 Method wheels should probably start working on what you're going to tell the wives. Or burn the receipts and credit card statements.
Some married guys just need to be a little creative to pull it off.
I purchase many items through paypal so I hit the ATM here and there
then use the cash to buy a paypal prepaid card. Then simply load that to your paypal account. Then when you go buy those Method wheels you can use the balance you have on your paypal and then the rest can come out of the bank. A $200 purchase appears to be much less when it clears the bank....Or those cheap ebay wheels wont even show up because you had enough to cover it in your paypal account. Creativity, keeping the peace, haha.
Closed Thread

Tags
chinesesuckerpunch, dragonsfart