Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Tires and Wheels

Notices

Thread: New Incision wheels coming....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-18-2016, 08:45 AM   #61
RCC Addict

Default Re: New Incision wheels coming....

I will have to admit the 1.9 VP Method 105's were easily the quickest and easiest mounting wheels I've had and I've had dozens of wheels from Mayhem, RC4wd, Gearhead/CAC, axial, lockedup RC. Yes it doesn't take rocket science to mount a typical Axial/LURC wheels with the front and rear beadlock. Guess in the end the amount of time it takes to build a set of VP wheels and all their hardware offsets the amount of time it takes to mount a set of tires on them haha.

Wonder what offset those included hubs are? And the KMC center caps are included? Wonder how different they are from the ones they currently sell for ~$16 a pair.
Shinjari is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-18-2016, 10:00 AM   #62
I wanna be Dave

Different strokes for different folks, I would personally rather have four sets of wheels for the same price as one set especially if on a rockcrawler. JMO

Nothing against VP, they do make very nice stuff.
travis c. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 10:06 AM   #63
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col_Sanders View Post
People love to hate.
Absolutely right, people make it their personal hobby to go out and try to shame others for spending more than they do on the products they chose. All of their cliché insults are the same. The best part is they know the knockoff stuff is of inferior quality and the best argument they can come up with is, "it's good enough". To me, if you spend $50 on garbage as opposed to $100 on quality, you just wasted $50. I don't buy the most expensive parts everytime I build a new truck, I buy the best regardless of price. I'm a fan boy of quality and performance, I'm definitely not a fan boy of, "it's just as good as the real thing". Not-so-common sense tells us that if it really was just as good as the real thing, elite companies like VP simply wouldn't exist and if that was true, we wouldn't have anybody for the knockoff artists to copy. Nobody copies boom racing, Integy, or Xtra speed, because they are absolute garbage. Buy what you like and stop spewing your ugly, condescending, hateful, opinions on those that choose what they like. Options are a good thing.
SCREAMER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 10:27 AM   #64
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by travis c. View Post
Different strokes for different folks, I would personally rather have four sets of wheels for the same price as one set especially if on a rockcrawler. JMO

Nothing against VP, they do make very nice stuff.
For shame! You should feel bad for taking food off of the children of American manufacturers dinner plates by buying chicom knock off wheels!!!!!!

Nice looking wheels with a simple assembly design. Being a hardcore scale nerd fanboy just got more affordable. You go girls!
WHITE-TRASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 10:34 AM   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRobHolmes View Post
A lot of people seem to like being unhappy, and they choose to spend their time complaining about mundane events instead of actually playing with these toys. It is easy to spot, they hate on everything and have a LOT of opinions with little/ no experience to back it up. It normally starts with a " I've never seen one, but I'll sure tell you why it sucks".
Exactly. Like the guys that say "I 'seen them' China wheels broke and they all be junk!"

Quote:
I've owned beadlocks from every main US maker and many imported ones. VP still has the best design IMO. The clamping design is far easier to assemble and has never once let me down. We can't forget that they brought the "hub" to the market, with practically all companies copying that aspect or being VP compatible. If I'm not running VP hubs, I'm breaking wheels at the hex or getting the hex trapped inside a rim. Only my shelf queen scale rigs get non VP stuff at this point, I can't break it if I don't drive it.
I think Gear Head is easier to mount, but that's a preference.

I'm anxious to try out these Incision wheels for myself and compare them to my favorite wheels as well as the regular VP wheels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCREAMER View Post
Nobody copies boom racing, Integy, or Xtra speed, because they are absolute garbage.
Obviously you've never tried many parts from Boom, Integy or Xtra. You're being closed minded and ignorant.

Your post is so hypocritical. You say don't shame people for spending a lot of money while at the exact same time you try shaming those who don't want to spend a lot of money. I know your post wasn't supposed to be hilarious, but it is.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 10:44 AM   #66
I wanna be Dave

So many experts, so little knowledge !
mikemcE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 11:17 AM   #67
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
Exactly. Like the guys that say "I 'seen them' China wheels broke and they all be junk!"

I think Gear Head is easier to mount, but that's a preference.

I'm anxious to try out these Incision wheels for myself and compare them to my favorite wheels as well as the regular VP wheels.

Obviously you've never tried many parts from Boom, Integy or Xtra. You're being closed minded and ignorant.

Your post is so hypocritical. You say don't shame people for spending a lot of money while at the exact same time you try shaming those who don't want to spend a lot of money. I know your post wasn't supposed to be hilarious, but it is.
I'm not shaming anyone for buying those parts I'm just stating that I've seen how poor quality they are both from members here online and local guys that have tried their products. When someone asks for my opinion on what to buy, I steer them towards proven quality. I don't have to try parts from the companies I listed because others have and I'm wise enough to learn from their misfortune. Could you at least try starting a post without insulting someone? Glad you got a laugh but you're still missing the point.
Old 07-18-2016, 11:18 AM   #68
RCC Addict

Quote:
Absolutely right, people make it their personal hobby to go out and try to shame others for spending more than they do on the products they chose. All of their cliché insults are the same. The best part is they know the knockoff stuff is of inferior quality and the best argument they can come up with is, "it's good enough". To me, if you spend $50 on garbage as opposed to $100 on quality, you just wasted $50. I don't buy the most expensive parts everytime I build a new truck, I buy the best regardless of price. I'm a fan boy of quality and performance, I'm definitely not a fan boy of, "it's just as good as the real thing". Not-so-common sense tells us that if it really was just as good as the real thing, elite companies like VP simply wouldn't exist and if that was true, we wouldn't have anybody for the knockoff artists to copy. Nobody copies boom racing, Integy, or Xtra speed, because they are absolute garbage. Buy what you like and stop spewing your ugly, condescending, hateful, opinions on those that choose what they like. Options are a good thing.
I cant and wont call the Chinese knockoffs garbage. I have 3 sets...I have had Rock Beasts, KLRs, TSL XLs, and Axial KO2s on them. They all mounted up extremely easily and I have yet to have a bead slip or suffer any kind of breakage (except one screw head). Are they inferior to a good set of machined billet wheels? Yes, but they work fine.

I will spend an extra $50-60 for a better set of American machined wheels, but I personally just cant bring myself to spend $150 more. I'd rather buy a good servo, esc, or motor.

As for cast wheels being garbage for this use...Most aluminum aftermarket 1:1 wheels are cast in China. I have a set of Fuels on my truck. If they can handle 9000+lb of truck towing 12000lb of trailer for thousands of miles, I think they are capable of handling a 9lb rc truck going 10mph for an hour or two a couple times a week.

Last edited by Col_Sanders; 07-18-2016 at 11:20 AM.
Col_Sanders is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 11:25 AM   #69

Quote:
I'm not shaming anyone for buying those parts I'm just stating that I've seen how poor quality they are both from members here online and local guys that have tried their products. When someone asks for my opinion on what to buy, I steer them towards proven quality. I don't have to try parts from the companies I listed because others have and I'm wise enough to learn from their misfortune. Could you at least try starting a post without insulting someone? Glad you got a laugh but you're still missing the point.
I called you closed-minded and ignorant which I stand by even more after your latest post. You think you can judge all Chinese parts without even trying them. Seriously?! The fact is that there are proven Chinese parts. I steer people to both high end and mid range Chinese parts depending on the variables and budget coming into play. Personally, I buy both.

You're not making any good points. Maybe that's why I'm missing it.
Old 07-18-2016, 11:35 AM   #70
I wanna be Dave

I was out crawling the other day and couldn't for the life of me make a certain line with my Fanquish wheels. I swapped to my real Vanquish wheels, same foams, tires and rig and was able to drive the same line like it was flat asphalt.
travis c. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 11:38 AM   #71

Quote:
Originally Posted by travis c. View Post
I was out crawling the other day and couldn't for the life of me make a certain line with my Fanquish wheels. I swapped to my real Vanquish wheels, same foams, tires and rig and was able to drive the same line like it was flat asphalt.
Haha! The sad thing is that's probably what newbies think after reading this forum...
Old 07-18-2016, 11:40 AM   #72
I wanna be Dave

Again, you're reading only what you want to see. I buy Hot Racing, Castle, all LIPO batteries, RC4WD, etc. I also steer clear of some VP, ProLine, and other elite companies because I have seen certain products fail more than once. I don't buy everything any company makes just because of their brand name and anyone who does would be crazy to blindly follow a name. I did suggest that people buy what you they like and stop trying to insult people to get them to agree. Putting words in others mouths also doesn't mean it's true. You're missing the point because you're choosing to.
Old 07-18-2016, 11:48 AM   #73

Quote:
Again, you're reading only what you want to see. I buy Hot Racing, Castle, all LIPO batteries, RC4WD, etc. I also steer clear of some VP, ProLine, and other elite companies because I have seen certain products fail more than once. I don't buy everything any company makes just because of their brand name and anyone who does would be crazy to blindly follow a name. I did suggest that people buy what you they like and stop trying to insult people to get them to agree. Putting words in others mouths also doesn't mean it's true. You're missing the point because you're choosing to.
Ah I got your point now. You're one of those guys that's never wrong in his own mind and you change your story as time goes on to ensure you're never wrong.
Old 07-18-2016, 11:54 AM   #74
I wanna be Dave

Ok, I'll open my mind but only for you since you were so abrasive. Please enlighten me as to how my story changed. That does mean you'll have to read my posts in their entirety and not take this out of context to prove your point.
Old 07-18-2016, 11:58 AM   #75
owner, Holmes Hobbies LLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinjari View Post
Guess in the end the amount of time it takes to build a set of VP wheels and all their hardware offsets the amount of time it takes to mount a set of tires on them haha.
The Roost wheels have 5 screws for the locking and 6 for the hub. Fastest wheels I've ever assembled!

VP was able to launch the incision wheel by learning from the Roost, I assume.
JohnRobHolmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 12:09 PM   #76
Rock Crawler

I think we can all agree that VP makes very pretty, shiny, and well made parts. In many cases though, they're overkill, incredibly overpriced, and really not necessary. They also realized this, which is why the Incision line was born.

HR, Boom, 3Racing, Yeah Racing, etc. all make parts that accomplish the same job at a fraction of the price. These companies would no longer be in business if nobody bought them and used them on a consistent basis. I don't care if they're made in Asia. Most everything purchased in the US is made there anyway!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
DowntownScience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 12:17 PM   #77
Metal shaper

And they wonder why people don't want to post here and deal with the gamut of crap where as they can post in their own social media fields where the people want to actually see and appreciate a product.
CarterFab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 12:18 PM   #78
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarterFab View Post
And they wonder why people don't want to post here and deal with the gamut of crap where as they can post in their own social media fields where the people want to actually see and appreciate a product.
It's still going to get discussed no matter where it gets posted first.

Old 07-18-2016, 12:18 PM   #79
Metal shaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by DowntownScience View Post
I think we can all agree that VP makes very pretty, shiny, and well made parts. In many cases though, they're overkill, incredibly overpriced, and really not necessary. They also realized this, which is why the Incision line was born.

HR, Boom, 3Racing, Yeah Racing, etc. all make parts that accomplish the same job at a fraction of the price. These companies would no longer be in business if nobody bought them and used them on a consistent basis. I don't care if they're made in Asia. Most everything purchased in the US is made there anyway!

That has zero to do with why the Incision line was created, Zero. Which is why they will still have the VP line and it's not going away.
CarterFab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 12:21 PM   #80
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarterFab View Post
That has zero to do with why the Incision line was created, Zero. Which is why they will still have the VP line and it's not going away.
Why did they create it then? Of course they will still offer the pretty parts because VP homers love them. Please tell me the real reason they created the Incision line. I'm really interested to find out since it had nothing to do with their competition!

New Incision wheels coming.... - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Narrowing Stock XR10 wheels to fit Vanquish Incision Knuckles The gasman Tires and Wheels 8 01-13-2014 06:46 PM
vanquish XR-10 Incision Steering Knuckles and wheels bikeboy Axial XR10 35 03-07-2012 09:51 AM
VP Incision Steering Knuckles/Stock Wheels Mysterious Axial XR10 9 12-11-2011 05:18 PM
New 1.9 wheels coming Gozer Losi Mini-Rock Crawler 4 10-21-2008 02:59 AM