Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Tires and Wheels

Notices

Thread: New Incision wheels coming....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-18-2016, 12:21 PM   #81
Metal shaper

Default Re: New Incision wheels coming....

Quote:
Originally Posted by DowntownScience View Post
It's still going to get discussed no matter where it gets posted first.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

There's no discussion. It's people just spewing false claims and being pricks for whatever internal reason they have to do so. People are gonna hate on everything. Difference is I've never gone into another post about an "inferior" item just to stir shit up like people do when it's a VP part or of the like.
CarterFab is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-18-2016, 12:22 PM   #82
Rock Crawler

VP should have expected it. They're now offering an inexpensive line of items after fleecing people for years! They could have done this all along. Must have been seeing a loss of market share due to these inferior Chinese priducts. If they weren't then the Incision line would never have been necessary.

Does everyone understand how business works?

Last edited by DowntownScience; 07-18-2016 at 12:25 PM.
DowntownScience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 12:28 PM   #83
Metal shaper

It was created for competition. Not because they "realized they were way overpriced and overkill for the market." Hahaha!! That's incredibly presumptive and ignorant of a claim.
Proof that you can have the very high quality parts and a more marketable price point but having to sacrifice some detail, but never integrity. And by detail. We aren't talking machine finish. We are talking about small stuff like machined scale weld beads found on the VP line that take stuff to the next level. Stainless instead of titanium.
Did y'all know that most the cast aluminum parts have lead in them which is why they are weak and extremely inexpensive?
Not the same stuff they use in 1:1 like y'all claim, just the same process. Two very different things.
There is no convincing anyone and it's fine. Problem is threads are useless for new people because they see the header, open the thread, and it's a bunch of haters and zero info on the actual matter.
People still wonder why forum traffic is dying and social media is soaring.
Old 07-18-2016, 12:30 PM   #84

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarterFab View Post
There's no discussion. It's people just spewing false claims and being pricks for whatever internal reason they have to do so. People are gonna hate on everything. Difference is I've never gone into another post about an "inferior" item just to stir shit up like people do when it's a VP part or of the like.
Oh the irony!

There are lots of false claims on this thread about Chinese wheels too. In fact, you are the one that brought China into this discussion.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 12:31 PM   #85
Metal shaper

Quote:
VP should have expected it. They're now offering an inexpensive line of items after fleecing people for years! They could have done this all along. Must have been seeing a loss of market share due to these inferior Chinese priducts. If they weren't then the Incision line would never have been necessary.

You clearly don't and have zero inside info. Just assumptions. They aren't hurting at all, just expanding in leaps and bounds. Not a single part is overpriced. But if you knew anything about manufacturing and machine costs, that would be a different story.

Great machine work isn't cheap.
Cheap machine work isn't great.
Old 07-18-2016, 12:36 PM   #86
Rock Crawler

Quote:
It was created for competition. Not because they "realized they were way overpriced and overkill for the market." Hahaha!! That's incredibly presumptive and ignorant of a claim.
Proof that you can have the very high quality parts and a more marketable price point but having to sacrifice some detail, but never integrity. And by detail. We aren't talking machine finish. We are talking about small stuff like machined scale weld beads found on the VP line that take stuff to the next level. Stainless instead of titanium.
Did y'all know that most the cast aluminum parts have lead in them which is why they are weak and extremely inexpensive?
Not the same stuff they use in 1:1 like y'all claim, just the same process. Two very different things.
There is no convincing anyone and it's fine. Problem is threads are useless for new people because they see the header, open the thread, and it's a bunch of haters and zero info on the actual matter.
Excuse my wording in that post, but that is what I was saying. They were losing market share to inferior Chinese poducts and needed to make something to compete because not everyone can afford the overpriced, overkill, shiny products they were already offering.

All these scale details you reference get destroyed if you drive the truck anyway. Who cares unless you've built a shelf queen?

Last edited by DowntownScience; 07-18-2016 at 12:38 PM.
Old 07-18-2016, 12:39 PM   #87
Rock Crawler

Cheap machine work gets the job done in R/C! These aren't 1:1's like you referenced.

Old 07-18-2016, 12:41 PM   #88
Rock Crawler

Quote:
You clearly don't and have zero inside info. Just assumptions. They aren't hurting at all, just expanding in leaps and bounds. Not a single part is overpriced. But if you knew anything about manufacturing and machine costs, that would be a different story.

Great machine work isn't cheap.
Cheap machine work isn't great.
Is that what the owner told you...or are you just making assumptions because you're buddies with Harley?

Old 07-18-2016, 12:44 PM   #89
I wanna be Dave

The triple post is back! Classy
SCREAMER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 12:46 PM   #90
Rock Crawler

You can thank Tapatalk for that. The guy who likes to make personal attacks that have nothing to do with the topic is back! We all know you love VP Screamer. No need to weigh in.

Old 07-18-2016, 12:47 PM   #91
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCREAMER View Post
The triple post is back! Classy
Feel free to tell on me to your favorite Mod again!

Old 07-18-2016, 12:48 PM   #92
Rock Crawler

I am learning some stuff about machining and metallurgy so maybe the mods won't shut this thread down yet.....come on folks, my only intent was to share some new info...not create a public debate. Once Incision officially announces these, this thread is worthless anyway. Kinda regret starting it to be honest.
Drm31078 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 12:49 PM   #93
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drm31078 View Post
I am learning some stuff about machining and metallurgy so maybe the mods won't shut this thread down yet.....come on folks, my only intent was to share some new info...not create a public debate. Once Incision officially announces these, this thread is worthless anyway. Kinda regret starting it to be honest.
You did nothing wrong. No worries! Everything was there at Axialfest anyway.

Old 07-18-2016, 12:51 PM   #94
Metal shaper

Reference to your last few posts. Wrong, wrong, nope.
Most like to look good while beating on their rigs. Or to have them look as real as possible while doing so in photos and videos. Not everyone wants parts that look like they came out of Willy Wonkas candy factory.
Something for everyone, but people love to jump into a VP thread and turn up the hate. Wether it was originally directed at the product or the poster.
I know for a fact because I have worked closely with the people at VP for several years. I don't know Harley personally, we've had probably a total of three one sentence pms over 8 years, sure he's a nice guy. But nice try on more untruth. Proof that people can't accept facts and just let something go but instead try and make stupid claims.
Old 07-18-2016, 12:54 PM   #95
I wanna be Dave

Where are you guys getting all this from? You just make stuff up and call it truth. This whole thread has gone to shit and I hope it gets deleted soon. Nobody told on you DS. You tell on yourself with every post, i mean every three posts. Personal attacks? That's your favorite method. I know I help people because they tell me. Our interaction and contributions on this forum are quite different. I want to help, you want to be right. I'll say it once more so everyone can hear and not take this out of context. Buy what you like and stop insulting others.
Old 07-18-2016, 12:56 PM   #96
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Something for everyone, but people love to jump into a VP thread and turn up the hate.
Why do you think that is?

Also, I don't think it's wise to stir the shit as a vendor either because people can form a negative opinion of you and buy their products elsewhere. You should really think long and hard about staying out of the fray unless it has to do with your own product.

Just sayin'

Old 07-18-2016, 12:57 PM   #97
I wanna be Dave

Quote:

Apparently you don't understand it yourself.

Price your items at whatever high price point the market will pay consistently and you'll make money. The incision line is simply a simpler built line of parts. Not seconds or junk just less machine time so less over all cost. They aren't meant to compete with chicom that I can see but to provide a mid grade to the market. Looks like they've done a good job of that so far.

Quote:
Social media let's the user edit comments and block those posters they don't like directly without a moderator as a middle man. It's real easy on other forms of social media to get nothing but nut swingers falling all over your every word whereas on forums you get a better cross section of replies once you realize who the dicktards are that hate everything you do and ignore them.
WHITE-TRASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 12:57 PM   #98
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Where are you guys getting all this from? You just make stuff up and call it truth. This whole thread has gone to shit and I hope it gets deleted soon. Nobody told on you DS. You tell on yourself with every post, i mean every three posts. Personal attacks? That's your favorite method. I know I help people because they tell me. Our interaction and contributions on this forum are quite different. I want to help, you want to be right. I'll say it once more so everyone can hear and not take this out of context. Buy what you like and stop insulting others.
You like to help steer people to VP products and then shame those who don't comply. Whatever brother, you're a Saint on this forum!

Old 07-18-2016, 12:59 PM   #99
I wanna be Dave

Sure if VP has the best quality option for their purpose. For the record I don't endorse VP shocks.
Old 07-18-2016, 01:02 PM   #100
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Sure if VP has the best quality option for their purpose. For the record I don't endorse VP shocks.
VP makes shocks? Huh, never knew that. Off to their site I go!
WHITE-TRASH is offline   Reply With Quote

New Incision wheels coming.... - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Narrowing Stock XR10 wheels to fit Vanquish Incision Knuckles The gasman Tires and Wheels 8 01-13-2014 06:46 PM
vanquish XR-10 Incision Steering Knuckles and wheels bikeboy Axial XR10 35 03-07-2012 09:51 AM
VP Incision Steering Knuckles/Stock Wheels Mysterious Axial XR10 9 12-11-2011 05:18 PM
New 1.9 wheels coming Gozer Losi Mini-Rock Crawler 4 10-21-2008 02:59 AM