Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Tires and Wheels

Notices

Thread: Cheap Tires from China...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2018, 03:44 PM   #41

Default Re: Cheap Tires from China...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattzo1 View Post
And I have these on my CCR . They were 31 shipped no wheels, they are 2.2s x140mm. They came with foams . They are on the left side.
I just put a set of these on my crawler $28 shipped on ebay. they seem pretty soft and for the 5 min I had the crawler out playing they seem to do good.
Then my ax10 decided to become FWD
sinat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-11-2018, 11:57 AM   #42

Anyone else trying out the new Austar AX-4021 2.2 Rock Beast clones? I haven't had them out in anything serious but they perform quite well in the dirty Tahoe windshield test. I'm running some older memory foams instead of the stocks. So far I like my Rock Cheats and I might get some Austar tires for my 1.9 builds.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/4Pcs-AUSTAR...sid=m570.l1313
92gsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 02:08 PM   #43
Quarry Creeper

I don’t see the need to spend major money on ‘real’ tires if you just take your rigs out casually. I’m happy with the prolines thats on some of them but for what I pick china efforts up I’m just as happy. Thus far the wear isn’t a problem and they all stick and grip well.

These seem sticky too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
HugoBiermann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 11:08 PM   #44
Quarry Creeper

About the china TSL’s. They seem cool for scale running. Happy enough on rocks and roots. Sandy spots is a big no. Ran them on my mog and struggled badly in sandy spots. With the stock foams.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
HugoBiermann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 06:39 AM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92gsr View Post
Anyone else trying out the new Austar AX-4021 2.2 Rock Beast clones? I haven't had them out in anything serious but they perform quite well in the dirty Tahoe windshield test. I'm running some older memory foams instead of the stocks. So far I like my Rock Cheats and I might get some Austar tires for my 1.9 builds.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/4Pcs-AUSTAR...sid=m570.l1313
I realize this is old, but I have some experience with these tires, so I thought I'd reply.

I've got a set of these 2.2s on a vehicle, as well as the real 2.2 Rock Beast XOR tires on a different vehicle. Both have CI Deuces Wild foams. The difference between these 2 tires is very easily recognized. The Pitbulls have a super soft, very sticky compound, where the Austars have a firmer, non-sticky compound. I've only driven in hard-packed snow & ice conditions with the trucks so far, but even in those conditions I was able to traction-roll the truck with the Pitbull tires. The truck with the Austar tires had noticeably less grip.

Overall, I would say that the Austar tires are a good compound for a basher and even a light trail rig, but if you plan on any serious crawling, they're not an appropriate tire.

I go over some of these differences in this video here:
Jim85IROC is offline   Reply With Quote