Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Tires and Wheels

Notices

Thread: Cheap Tires from China...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Sponsored Links
Old 12-20-2016, 08:39 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Cheap Tires from China...

I have never had any luck with china no name tires, ever.

Wheels, parts, electronics, car kits, batteries, etc. Most work great, but never tires.
whitrzac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 09:18 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

I bought the Austar 2.2s with wheels from Amazon. All 4 for $40. I bout them just for the wheels. They are an inflatable setup, but I just put my swamper xl's with CI foams in them, and they work fine. As for the tires. They didn't feel terrible. They looked kinda like IROKS. They definitely weren't sticky but we're softer than the tires that come on the redcat and exceed crawlers. Lol. I never ran them, I got rid of them in a trade.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
Waitwhatsthat? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 09:54 PM   #4

Looks like Goodyear aquatread technology finally made it to r/c.
junkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016, 06:09 AM   #5
MWRCA'er

If the compounds weren't as hard as rubber dinosaurs I'd be way more excited. It's really a shame as all the ingredients for success are there. Just missing a sticky rubber compound.
Mnster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016, 10:38 AM   #6
Rock Crawler

I use the 100mm ones on my CC01 and they are awesome, compound is nice, they look good and they work very well.
Exocaged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 08:33 PM   #7
I wanna be Dave

I just picked up a set of the austar tires and wheels for my e10 there great on the rocks I can crawl straight up geako like lol ok maybe not but still I'm not sold on the air set up because of the bounce but when they hook up they stick it did take a few runs to break in but there nice and sticky at least as good as my r35 ripsaws if they where taller I would run them on my wraith

Edit after a few weeks they lost there grip i was looking through old videos and found it from grip to slip
Lol but they became very predictable and are easy on parts they ware so fast they leave black marks on the rocks from all the rubber coming off no amount of cutting the tread seemed to help i will run them on a different rig some day im sure just not a crawler

Grammer is for girls get over it

Last edited by ferp420; 02-25-2018 at 06:44 AM.
ferp420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 11:11 PM   #8
Suck it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferp420 View Post
I just picked up a set of the austar tires and wheels for my e10 there great on the rocks I can crawl straight up geako like lol ok maybe not but still I'm not sold on the air set up because of the bounce but when they hook up they stick it did take a few runs to break in but there nice and sticky at least as good as my r35 ripsaws if they where taller I would run them on my wraith
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 11:24 AM   #9
Quarry Creeper

Got these Austar tires for like $12 with shipping from Banggood in December. See they went up since. Alibaba sellers has them for similar. Bought 2 sets and they seem cool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
HugoBiermann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 04:51 AM   #10
Pebble Pounder

I have never cut and shut any tire, so I am about to order some of that cheap ones in order to do my first tests and not to ruin expensive units.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4PCS...999.269.lzTIld

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/2pcs...999.262.lzTIld
gonper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 11:21 PM   #11
TSK
Shelf queen

A friend on mine picked up the 1.9 Rocks Tyre Super Swampers. They are Hyrax knockoffs and they seem quite promising. They are quite soft, but have a plasticky feel like Voodoo pins. The included foams are way too soft though, and they will definitely need a good dual stage foam, which would cost more than the tires themselves. Lol
Attached Images

TSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 11:59 PM   #12
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSK View Post
A friend on mine picked up the 1.9 Rocks Tyre Super Swampers. They are Hyrax knockoffs and they seem quite promising. They are quite soft, but have a plasticky feel like Voodoo pins. The included foams are way too soft though, and they will definitely need a good dual stage foam, which would cost more than the tires themselves. Lol
Don't know what's available down south but in the great white north I use a cleaning product called Spray Nine to get rid of the release agent on new tires and something like that may work to get rid of the plasticky feel, unless the tire compound actually has plastic in it. Helps in the beginning but run time on a tire can make a difference too.

I've been tempted with the cheap stuff from China but to date haven't been able to pull the trigger on anything. Maybe those who have can give us the scoop on some of the Chinese tires.
nightcrawler48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 02:45 AM   #13
TSK
Shelf queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler48 View Post
Don't know what's available down south but in the great white north I use a cleaning product called Spray Nine to get rid of the release agent on new tires and something like that may work to get rid of the plasticky feel, unless the tire compound actually has plastic in it. Helps in the beginning but run time on a tire can make a difference too.

I've been tempted with the cheap stuff from China but to date haven't been able to pull the trigger on anything. Maybe those who have can give us the scoop on some of the Chinese tires.
I normally just scrub new tires with warm water and dish soap. These clone hyraxes were like $26 shipped for a set of 4 tires so I’s Bet they are at least worth the money. Lol. Legit g8 compound Hyrax definitely feel softer in the sense of them having a softer compound of rubber, whereas these clones seems comparably soft, but perhaps more due to a thinner carcass. They feel plasticky, but perhaps synthetic is a better adjective.
TSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 06:56 AM   #14

I have a set of the Hyrax knock off tires that I just put on my Clone Hammers. So far they seem to be working pretty well for what they are. On that light weight vehicle, the included foams work well, and the grip is noticeably better than the stock tires. They don't seem to have the grip that my Bomber has with the Pit Bull Rock Beast IIs, but that's a completely different rig with a lot more weight, so it's hard to compare.

I have noticed that the tires are already starting to show wear just from my testing in my basement. I don't expect them to last long in the real world.

My initial review:
Jim85IROC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 12:56 PM   #15

I bought a cheap set of China 1.9 Rocks Tyre Super Swampers.

They came with plastic chrome bead lock rims which aren't too bad.

Tread is accurate, rubber is soft and grippy. But the tires themselves are noticeably smaller (in width and diameter) than the licensed Vaterra 1.9 Rocks Tyre Super Swampers that came with my Ascender. So they totally changed the look & feel when I installed them.

So they are now just used as decorative spares for my rigs.
ScottDFW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 03:19 AM   #16
Quarry Creeper

Got another set of Austar Mud Countries in.
Foams feel ok for what I need them to be on my China D90 build. Diameter sits at 103.5mm odd. Still, they are sticky as hell for the price. For what I paid for 8 you cannot get better for sure, LOL.

Old 03-20-2018, 06:45 PM   #17
Quarry Creeper

I’ll tell ya, I’ve been real pleased with the Hyrax knockoffs on my kids trucks. I’ve got the real deal Hyrax on mine, and the knockoffs go anywhere mine does. I didn’t expect that.

I’ve been wanting to try a set of TSLs, and if Austar made them in the XL version, I would’ve got them. They only make the standard height tho, so I ordered the Prolines.
number9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 08:42 PM   #18
Quarry Creeper

These were 35$ with plastic 2.2 wheels they are very soft and sticky not quit alien kompound but close. They are 2.2 x 125mm
Attached Images

Rattzo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 08:51 PM   #19
Quarry Creeper

And I have these on my CCR . They were 31 shipped no wheels, they are 2.2s x140mm. They came with foams . They are on the left side.
Attached Images

Rattzo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 11:17 AM   #20
Quarry Creeper

Was testing my D90 today with the Mud Country ripoffs on. Sand, roots, plywood and concrete slopes. Grippy! Stock foams are very soft. They should do well on a trail.