Notices

Thread: Pro-Line 1.9 BFG Krawler

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2018, 04:20 PM   #61
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Pro-Line 1.9 BFG Krawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by svt923 View Post
... They are a little taller and narrower than the Swamper XLs which are supposed to be the same size. Even without foam, they were slightly taller than my Swampers with CI single stage foam.

Don't know if Proline has been tweaking their tire beads over the years or not but the KXs were a breeze to mount on the Incision wheels; no longer screws needed, no fighting with uneven seating, no hassles at all. The stock foam is even pretty good for fairly lightweight trucks. I would call it a medium density open cell foam with a similar feel to the firm outer foam from a CI dual stage but no where near as dense as a new Pitbull foam.

These have the PL dual stage inserts and they are perfect; fill the tire completely but doesn't overstuff and distort it, good tread compliance, and plenty of sidewall support. The inner foam also has a rough textured top so it grips the outer foam and keeps it from sliding side to side.

Ran these at Crawl For A Cure 2018 several weeks ago, (and some since then on granite and lots of dirt) on my TRX-4 with RC4WD white spokes and Proline Single stage blue foams, work great and show very little signs of wear so far! Prefer the G8 Blue Label compound over the newest Predator/Red Label. Rockhugger was running his TRX-4 with Proline Swampers setup very similar and both tires worked great and were fairly evenly matched. Some places these tires did better and some the TSLs were slightly better, go with the ones you like the looks of. I like both since they are scale looking tread and not too wide, although they're a little tall for my liking, 4.5" would be my choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtlt View Post
We run on real dirt and sandstone, this tire has become my favorite. seems to me to be every bit as good as the Hryax but looks so much better. I have them on my Axial Blazer and they performed just as good and pulled all the same lines as my friends truck with portal axels and Hyrax tires with lots of other mods.

Agreed. _

Last edited by Natedog; 10-30-2018 at 05:42 PM.
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-29-2018, 06:37 PM   #62

Reading all this is getting me excited. I have a set of these coming for an Ascender kit I am gonna start soon.

Last edited by CHIEFWIG; 10-29-2018 at 06:44 PM.
CHIEFWIG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 05:35 PM   #63
Quarry Creeper

Ran these today in loose dirt and LOTS of leaves. also a little rock pile climbing. These have become my favorite tire. Even better than the Hryax with the Flat Iron Xl a very close second
sgtlt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2018, 12:12 PM   #64
Quarry Creeper

I ordered em!
Heavier rig should work better with stiffer foams and this tire correct?

Anymore reviews would be fun to read.
hotrodsoup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2018, 12:45 PM   #65
RCC Addict

I run them on my stock trx4 bronco and friggin love them! Running CI deuces wild 4.75 single state in the front and CI lil nova 4.5” comp cut with medium outers in the rear. I would have ran the double deuces all around but only one pair in stock. Plus I wanted to try the two out. This set up is working great for me currently. I like the look of the tire better with the double deuces as they leave a bit of an air gap between tire and foam. Tire is closer to 4.6” tall and has a flatter tread profile than with the lil novas.

I run this truck as my trail truck and this fall was on all wet, leaf covered trails and the grip was amazing. Had them in the rocks too and they are awesome. Love the look of them and the performance. Can’t go wrong for sure.

Ben
Itali83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2018, 05:49 PM   #66
Quarry Creeper

After more running the Krawler T/A's definitely work a little better than the Hryax and the Flatiron. At least where we crawl. I ordered a second set for another truck. they were on sale for 15 % off at a-main
Old 11-26-2018, 10:38 AM   #67
RCC Addict

Anyone else pre-order the predator compound Krawlers? I wanted to see the Krawlers on the 1.9 Wraith but I figured with the colder weather I'll just wait for the softer compound.
Sneetches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 11:08 AM   #68
Quarry Creeper

I tried the Tsl Xl in predator and they showed wear a little to quickly for me, the krawler should be better with beefer tread lugs to start with
Old 11-26-2018, 12:45 PM   #69
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtlt View Post
I tried the Tsl Xl in predator and they showed wear a little to quickly for me, the krawler should be better with beefer tread lugs to start with

Me too. Got a set at PLBF when they were introduced...just took them off and put my RB XL's back on.

With TSL's...

Browneye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 10:51 PM   #70

Quote:
Originally Posted by Browneye View Post
Me too. Got a set at PLBF when they were introduced...just took them off and put my RB XL's back on.

With TSL's...

Like the bf krawler kx to

Sent from my LML211BL using Tapatalk
mrexclusive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 06:37 AM   #71
RCC Addict

Yeah, I have a set of those too, the G8 rubber - they are decent as well. Going on another project.
I thought the TSL's grip was just okay, but they shred on granite.
Old 11-27-2018, 08:40 AM   #72
RCC Addict

I had read about the softness of predator so I figured the Krawler tread might be a better candidate, it'll let the bigger lugs flex and take more to wear down than the Hyrax or TSL. If I remember I should try to take a before/after at the comp spot where there's no dirt in sight, since my alien Pitbulls also showed decent wear after about 3-4 runs there.
Sneetches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 11:24 AM   #73
RCC Addict

So Proline has their G8 and Predator rubber.
PitBull has Komp and Alien.
They seem more similar than different. I wonder how they compare to the other less significant players, like KLR and RC4WD.

I'm surprised to see Hyrax with a new compound - I thought they were tops before. Maybe I'll have to try a set. I just have never liked how they look - like toy-truck tires to me. We like scale looks, right? [shrug]

I'm not even that excited about the RockBeast tire. IMO the best looking ones replicate 1:1's, like the BFG and GY models. Proline has a hit with their MTR in C1. Now they need to come out with a 4.6 size version in predator compound - that I would buy in a heartbeat.

I also don't care for all-terrain replicas. IMO we need mudder-style tread blocks for a comp crawler. If a guy is going for scale looks alone then all bets are off - run whatever looks best.
Old 11-27-2018, 06:08 PM   #74
Quarry Creeper

For me where I crawl the Bfg Krawler T/a works better the the Hyrax, both in G8 compound
Old 11-28-2018, 01:34 PM   #75
Rock Crawler

What drives me mad is that nobody seems to run the Proline 1.9 Bfg Baja T/A KR2 Rock Terrain tires. They perform great and look sweet!
Same 'problem' with Pit bull.. everybody talks about Rock Beast and Growler, etc. But the Mad Beast are by far my favourites.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
tjohanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 03:43 PM   #76
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjohanne View Post
What drives me mad is that nobody seems to run the Proline 1.9 Bfg Baja T/A KR2 Rock Terrain tires. They perform great and look sweet!
I think it might be because those are discontinued, or did you mean the Krawler ta's?

If you do mean the Krawler ta's those are my favorites (and still available)

Quote:
Same 'problem' with Pit bull.. everybody talks about Rock Beast and Growler, etc. But the Mad Beast are by far my favourites.
I've tried out all but the Growlers, but I did notice a lot less traction with the Mad Beasts (on the rocks). It seems like they might need to be worn/broken in a bit, or did they work good out of the box for you?
HumboldtEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 03:47 PM   #77
RCC Addict

Quote:

Closest thing to this is from Axial - got a set with my bomber kit in 2.2.

Or the new BFG Mud Terrains.

The Krawlers are still around too and are okay.

I like the way the Growlers look, but reports are just so-so for them. Hard to beat the RockBeast if they'll fit on your rig. They're not my favorite tire to LOOK at, but work pretty well. Same for Hyrax.
Old 11-28-2018, 07:17 PM   #78
Quarry Creeper

Quote:

I guess not enough people ordered them since they discontinued them. I was considering getting a set of these, but at 4.75" they were a little tall for my tastes.
With the KM3s seeming to bring elements of the Krawler KX and the Baja KR2, and now available in a smaller size, I have a set of them on order.
Ironhide13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 06:05 AM   #79

Had a 10% coupon for Pro-Line, so just ordered a set of the Predator compound krawlers. Looking forward to see how they compare to my Predator compound swampers.
MADPolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 11:55 AM   #80
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhide13 View Post
With the KM3s seeming to bring elements of the Krawler KX and the Baja KR2, and now available in a smaller size, I have a set of them on order.
I agree. The KM3s seem like a great option, a good alternative, I think.

tjohanne is offline   Reply With Quote

Pro-Line 1.9 BFG Krawler - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
1.9 BFG Krawler R35s! newmarketeod Tires and Wheels 11 03-30-2014 11:10 PM
BFG Krawler T/A's Hollister_Ry_5 Tires and Wheels 7 01-29-2014 07:19 AM