Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Tires and Wheels

Notices

Thread: Pro-Line 1.9 BFG Krawler

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2018, 07:31 AM   #81
RCC Addict

Default Re: Pro-Line 1.9 BFG Krawler

Don't know if anyone else can confirm that the g8 tires are the same way but I was surprised by how light/thin these tires are. I got ~74g/tire which are pretty much like 10-15g lighter than other 4.75" tires I have. Makes me want to bump up to medium outers in the front perhaps.
Sneetches is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-04-2018, 07:59 AM   #82
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneetches View Post
Don't know if anyone else can confirm that the g8 tires are the same way but I was surprised by how light/thin these tires are. I got ~74g/tire which are pretty much like 10-15g lighter than other 4.75" tires I have. Makes me want to bump up to medium outers in the front perhaps.

The Predator compound hooks very well for me but they do need stiffer foams than other 4.75" tires because the tire carcass itself does not offer much support at all.

The G8s are heavier and tougher. That's why I chose to go with them on my last build. A heavy truck with a lot of power will probably kill the Predators in short order.
Col_Sanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 09:27 AM   #83
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col_Sanders View Post
The Predator compound hooks very well for me but they do need stiffer foams than other 4.75" tires because the tire carcass itself does not offer much support at all.

The G8s are heavier and tougher. That's why I chose to go with them on my last build. A heavy truck with a lot of power will probably kill the Predators in short order.

Can confirm this.

As mentioned, I already took my TSL set off, went back to my trusty RockBeasts.

I'm eyeballing the new BFG Mudders.
Browneye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 09:31 AM   #84
RCC Addict

In the hand the carcass feels like what I'd imagine a "sporty" scale tire to be. My 1.9 Wraith is brushed so I'm not worried there, but I can definitely imagine some sidewall slices on the sharp/rough concrete at my comp spot.
Old 12-04-2018, 09:41 AM   #85
I wanna be Dave

I say if you own them already....... burn em up..... They are thin and soft. I am running some single stage CI foams in my son's 4.75 TSL's... I am patiently awaiting the arrival of the baby 1.9 TSL in predator.... I pray its rebadged for C1 legality....
Bananaclip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 07:47 AM   #86
Quarry Creeper

scale mail arrived! The compound is soft, very soft. the Foams they came with are not the typical proline huge ridiculous foams.

I went with a 4.50 inner med outer CI foam Front and rear. Mounted on some 1.9 knock off wheels. mounted up with ease like really easy!!! Who can say that about proline tires!!!!!

Cant wait ti try em out.
hotrodsoup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 08:51 AM   #87

Mine should be here today. Have some SSD beadlocks and CI lil nova comp cuts waiting for them.
MADPolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 06:24 PM   #88
RCC Addict

Just found these today...Vanquish VXT - anybody run them?
I like the 4.65 size...

Old 12-20-2018, 06:56 PM   #89
I wanna be Dave

Had the chance to give a good run on the 1.9 G8 Krawlers. I think these have become my favorite tire now. They hooked up really well for me with Pro-Line dual stage foams. I bought another set, and will try them with CI Deuces Wild Single Stage Foams.

Last edited by soze; 12-20-2018 at 07:12 PM.
soze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2018, 05:56 AM   #90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Browneye View Post
Just found these today...Vanquish VXT - anybody run them?
I like the 4.65 size...
They look good and I almost bought a set, but I was told they are kinda stiff. Others say they're great. But I also don't see many Origins running them. It seems a lot of guys have switched to aftermarket tires which has me skeptical. Buy a set and let me know!

Quote:
Originally Posted by soze View Post
Had the chance to give a good run on the 1.9 G8 Krawlers. I think these have become my favorite tire now. They hooked up really well for me with Pro-Line dual stage foams. I bought another set, and will try them with CI Deuces Wild Single Stage Foams.
Great looking Jeep. What color is that?
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2018, 10:33 AM   #91
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
Great looking Jeep. What color is that?
Tamiya PS-30 Brilliant Blue Paint backed with PS-5 Black. I actually bought the color for my Tamiya 40th anniversary Porsche TA-02W Kit, but I haven't gotten around to building it yet. I first used it on the GOM, then the SCX10.2
Old 12-22-2018, 09:54 PM   #92
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
They look good and I almost bought a set, but I was told they are kinda stiff. Others say they're great. But I also don't see many Origins running them. It seems a lot of guys have switched to aftermarket tires which has me skeptical. Buy a set and let me know!
I have a set in my cart at RPP. Going to be gone for a few days, maybe I'll order them so they'll get here by the time I get back.
There's another thread from when they first came out, some liked them pretty well.
They are not a real wide tire like the proline and pitbull xl's. And 4.65 - a tenth of an inch shorter. I think the wide is going to be key.

The axial wildpeaks are also fairly narrow. They just don't grip very well. The rockbeasts were like night and day on the new blazer.
Old 01-07-2019, 06:09 PM   #93
Quarry Creeper

ran the krawler t/a's in some light mud today, they didn't clean out as well as I would like but still my favorite tire since I don't run when it's muddy unless I'm really dying for a crawl, lol
sgtlt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 12:15 PM   #94

Been running the krawlers with the predator compound for a little while now. They are holding up well, but they seem to wear a bit faster than the G8 which is to be expected. These are super soft and super sticky tires and hang up amazing. If they wear a little faster because of it, I'm OK with it.
A few people mentioned size. They are big, but I wouldn't say that my scx10 4runner no longer looks scale. I had to trim about 1/16" of wheel wells for them to fit with no rub in full flex. I run leaf springs and my body down low, so some of you may need to trim more or less. Very happy with these with the proline dual stage foams.
rb16sk8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 08:27 PM   #95
Quarry Creeper

I have G8 Krawlers on my rig which is mainly a go fast/U4 style rig. It weighs 12lbs and the CI 4.5 Lil Nova M/S comp cuts are just too soft. Im thinking Proline single stage. Would that be a good setup?
nedmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 10:38 AM   #96
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col_Sanders View Post

Predator compound didn't impress me and it's really thin compared to any other crawler tire I've checked out. Definitely would need stiffer foams.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrodsoup View Post
scale mail arrived! The compound is soft, very soft.

I went with a 4.50 inner med outer CI foam Front and rear. Mounted on some 1.9 knock off wheels. mounted up with ease like really easy!!! Who can say that about proline tires!!!!!
The Krawlers in G8 mounted up to RC4WD stamped steel wheels about average difficulty for me.

Quote:
Yep one of my favorite tires too, but wish they made them also in a 4.5" tall version, most new tires are too big imo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nedmo View Post
I have G8 Krawlers on my rig which is mainly a go fast/U4 style rig. It weighs 12lbs and the CI 4.5 Lil Nova M/S comp cuts are just too soft. Im thinking Proline single stage. Would that be a good setup?
The Proline single stage fill these tires completely and that's what I'd try next.
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 10:34 PM   #97
Rock Stacker

This has to be my favorite tire especially for overall climbing with an incline on rocks. Nothing comes close to how well these hookup for me. Heres some pics and videos on stock foam

LetsBash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 11:25 PM   #98
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsBash View Post
This has to be my favorite tire especially for overall climbing with an incline on rocks. Nothing comes close to how well these hookup for me. Heres some pics and videos on stock foam
Looks like you crawl at the 2 spots I do. Those tires definitely hook up at those spots.
Old 09-04-2019, 11:33 AM   #99
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Looks like you crawl at the 2 spots I do. Those tires definitely hook up at those spots.

Just checked out your videos, yeah looks to be similar spots! I've recently come across some new ones. I'm not on social media but shoot me a DM if you ever want to get a session in
LetsBash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 12:39 PM   #100
RCC Addict

One thing that has surprised me is that I've put 1.5 hrs on these tires on pure gritty concrete/rock and they hardly seem used. I was worried the predator would be much softer than the normal g8 crawlers but I don't know if that's the case.

Pro-Line 1.9 BFG Krawler - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
1.9 BFG Krawler R35s! newmarketeod Tires and Wheels 11 03-30-2014 11:10 PM
BFG Krawler T/A's Hollister_Ry_5 Tires and Wheels 7 01-29-2014 07:19 AM