Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Tires and Wheels

Notices

Thread: Boomracing 1.9 Hustler tires

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2017, 01:25 PM   #21

Default Re: Boomracing 1.9 Hustler tires

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1967Typhoon View Post
I'm curious as well. I want to know how tall the closed cell foam is. I am guessing it goes up into the open cell section.

I also find it funny that a brand that specializes in undercutting the current prices on gear has released a tire that costs just as much as the other tires on the market. These will have to be REALLY good tires to move a lot of units for them.
These do not cost as much as the competition. They cost less. You have to remember these include dual stage, dual compound foams. These days if you buy four tires and four dual stage, dual compound foams you're at $85+. I four tires with the dual stage foams for $60 shipped.

By the way, Boom is trying to make a name for itself with quality products not undercutting prices.

I saw a video on Facebook showing the stickiness of the tires. It was impressive.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-18-2017, 03:19 PM   #22
Rock Crawler

Quote:
I'm curious as well. I want to know how tall the closed cell foam is. I am guessing it goes up into the open cell section.

I also find it funny that a brand that specializes in undercutting the current prices on gear has released a tire that costs just as much as the other tires on the market. These will have to be REALLY good tires to move a lot of units for them.
Cheaper /= Worse

Boom has been putting out some impressive stuff. The Krait wheel line has been super successful. I'm a huge advocate of buying what works and not just what's the most expensive or what everybody else is running. If these tires are any good I'll buy a set. I'm a tire hoarder by nature. I buy almost every new tire that gets good reviews. It's an easy way to change up an entire rig very quickly.
ElChupacabra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 07:40 PM   #23
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElChupacabra View Post
Cheaper /= Worse

Boom has been putting out some impressive stuff. The Krait wheel line has been super successful. I'm a huge advocate of buying what works and not just what's the most expensive or what everybody else is running. If these tires are any good I'll buy a set. I'm a tire hoarder by nature. I buy almost every new tire that gets good reviews. It's an easy way to change up an entire rig very quickly.
Oh i agree wholeheartedly, and do the same myself. I own some boom racing stuff myself and have been impressed. I wasn't taking a dig at them in any way. I'm excited for these new tires.
1967Typhoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 02:12 PM   #24
Rock Crawler

I won a set of these at a local comp. I plan on mounting them up and testing them out later this week.

I currently have rbxl with proline 2 stage foams.
whitrzac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 07:50 AM   #25
Quarry Creeper

A friend of mine got a shipping notification for his tires today. I'm not sure if that is news or not, but it looks like we will start to see reviews shortly.
1967Typhoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 08:26 AM   #26

Quote:
A friend of mine got a shipping notification for his tires today. I'm not sure if that is news or not, but it looks like we will start to see reviews shortly.
I did not get mine yet, but I'm anxious to receive them! I have a new set of Incision wheels waiting at home for them.

EDIT: Mine shipped today. Saweet!

Last edited by JatoTheRipper; 05-03-2017 at 10:38 AM.
Old 05-05-2017, 07:09 AM   #27
Rock Crawler

I want some 2.2 Venom Krait wheels for my Yeti and RR10 with these tyres. Affordable and great performance by the looks of it. They don't took half bad either!
CoolRunning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 10:48 AM   #28
Pebble Pounder

Asia Tees Page says Release Date: May 19, 2017 or before

price goes up to $70.13 with the international shipping...ouch

Last edited by Jamifra; 05-09-2017 at 10:49 AM. Reason: typo
Jamifra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 11:34 AM   #29
I wanna be Dave

Mine should be arriving today.
soze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 11:35 AM   #30

Mine are lost in the wasteland of the USPS. If you ever want an example of why government shouldn't get involved in organizations just look at the USPS. My tires were shipped from Hong Kong on May 4th and they were processed through customs in NY on the 6th. They have been with USPS since. Hong Kong is lots of hours away. NY is 2 hours away and it's been 3 days and they are finally in PA. Now USPS will probably ship them back and forth between Lancaster and Philly a few times before they actually get delivered to me. Yeah, they actually bounce my packages back and forth between depots in Pennsylvania quite often. **** the USPS!
Old 05-09-2017, 11:38 AM   #31
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
Mine are lost in the wasteland of the USPS. If you ever want an example of why government shouldn't get involved in organizations just look at the USPS. My tires were shipped from Hong Kong on May 4th and they were processed through customs in NY on the 6th. They have been with USPS since. Hong Kong is lots of hours away. NY is 2 hours away and it's been 3 days and they are finally in PA. Now USPS will probably ship them back and forth between Lancaster and Philly a few times before they actually get delivered to me. Yeah, they actually bounce my packages back and forth between depots in Pennsylvania quite often. **** the USPS!
sounds like a nightmare
Jamifra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 01:23 PM   #32
I joined the Band!

Quote:

I would like to see evidence of this phenomenon.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
spaceman5280 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 01:25 PM   #33
Rock Crawler

The Greensboro USPS location is a dead zone. Packages go in there and sometimes don't come out until weeks later. It's happened multiple times.
BadWagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 01:31 PM   #34
I wanna be Dave

Last edited by soze; 05-09-2017 at 01:36 PM.
Old 05-09-2017, 01:34 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by spaceman5280 View Post
I would like to see evidence of this phenomenon.....

It happens more often that it should. I have evidence. I will get you a screenshot when I get home. And then you'll have to bite your tongue.
Old 05-09-2017, 02:24 PM   #36
I wanna be Dave

Compared with stock Vaterra Ascender K10 spare tire.

Old 05-09-2017, 02:39 PM   #37
I joined the Band!

Quote:
It happens more often that it should. I have evidence. I will get you a screenshot when I get home. And then you'll have to bite your tongue.

Why would I bite my tongue? I want to see the tracking to find out if it's similar to the issues I have had.

I live in a newly annexed part of a small town and our neighborhood shares a zip code with the adjacent town rather that the zip code of the original town boundaries. If the person sorting the packages reads the town rather than the zip, the packages are sent to the wrong Post Office for final delivery resulting in at least one day delay.

The local post offices are aware of the problem and are very helpful. They even stayed late one day to let me pick up a package rather than wait another day.

I have solved the issue by listing the adjacent town name as my shipping address.

spaceman5280 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 04:07 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by soze View Post
Compared with stock Vaterra Ascender K10 spare tire.
Stop bragging or I will come find you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spaceman5280 View Post
Why would I bite my tongue? I want to see the tracking to find out if it's similar to the issues I have had.

I live in a newly annexed part of a small town and our neighborhood shares a zip code with the adjacent town rather that the zip code of the original town boundaries. If the person sorting the packages reads the town rather than the zip, the packages are sent to the wrong Post Office for final delivery resulting in at least one day delay.

The local post offices are aware of the problem and are very helpful. They even stayed late one day to let me pick up a package rather than wait another day.

I have solved the issue by listing the adjacent town name as my shipping address.

I was just kidding. I'm filled with sarcasm.

Here are two examples.

Old 05-09-2017, 04:15 PM   #39
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Stop bragging or I will come find you!
Lol, far from bragging. Just trying to give people a closer look and more details that's all.
Old 05-09-2017, 04:34 PM   #40
I wanna be Dave

Mounted. Comes with nice scale tire stickers if you wanted to store them as new tires in a scale garage.

Some tire details

Last edited by soze; 05-09-2017 at 04:55 PM.

Boomracing 1.9 Hustler tires - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
BoomRacing 2.2 Krait wheels snicklefritz Tires and Wheels 41 03-22-2017 10:40 AM
BoomRacing..Heavy Duty Bevel Helical Gear Set - 24T/13T Black SMFtwstdHICK Vaterra Ascender 9 12-24-2016 02:46 PM
Fitting JK Hardbody (Boomracing) om SCX10 (standard transmission) johnbarrettdenmark Paint and Body 12 07-18-2015 10:37 AM
What tires & Wheels for Hustler Super? hulmt Tires and Wheels 1 03-25-2010 11:25 PM