Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Tires and Wheels

Notices

Thread: Boomracing 1.9 Hustler tires

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-23-2018, 08:31 PM   #101
wyd
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Boomracing 1.9 Hustler tires

I have a set of these that I will be trying on my new Carisma Coyote. The tires are nice and soft but I think when I put them on wheels they will not be as soft as I was looking for with te stock foam setup so was thinking some Crawler Innovations Lil Nova foam setup but not sure what size would help get me the softer feel. Any suggestons on what size. My Hustlers are the 4.75 version 4.19's. I was thinking the Lil Nova 4.25 cut with either soft or medium foam.
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-18-2019, 09:05 AM   #102
wyd
Rock Crawler

Finally got my SSD wheels and my CI Lil Nova foams so now I have my Hustlers all mounted and ready to trail the next time I get to go out. Now it's a waiting game for good weather. I really like how they feel overall. I went with the CI Lil Nova 4.25 comp cut soft for the front tires and the rear have the same except I went with the standard cut in soft. I did use the added thin foam they included with the Lil Novas as I thought they felt better to me overall. Will be running these on my Ascender and my Carisma Coyote. Mainly run them on my Coyote as I like the Pit Bulls on my Ascender.

Old 04-17-2019, 01:47 PM   #103
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyd View Post
Finally got my SSD wheels and my CI Lil Nova foams so now I have my Hustlers all mounted and ready to trail the next time I get to go out. Now it's a waiting game for good weather. I really like how they feel overall. I went with the CI Lil Nova 4.25 comp cut soft for the front tires and the rear have the same except I went with the standard cut in soft. I did use the added thin foam they included with the Lil Novas as I thought they felt better to me overall. Will be running these on my Ascender and my Carisma Coyote. Mainly run them on my Coyote as I like the Pit Bulls on my Ascender.

Any updates?

How do you like them?

How is the wear?
dezfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 02:57 AM   #104
Quarry Creeper

My Carisma Sca1e on Hustlers. 4.19 tall versions

57410715_2301251266760283_1520665001151430656_n by Peter Rathbone, on Flickr

56842624_2301251016760308_1456441771058790400_n by Peter Rathbone, on Flickr
Old n ratty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2019, 04:28 AM   #105
wyd
Rock Crawler

I have had my Hustlers out a 3 or 4 times now and run now as my main tires on my Coyote. Overall they have worked well for me and they have very little tire wear (I mainly trail on a varity of terrains) and do 3 to 4 miles per run so I have about 12 plus miles on them so far. They work well in the dry, dirt, wooded trails and rocks. I don't trail run in mud or water so I don't have a report for those conditions. I'm easy on tires so if I'm spinning on rocks I don't just keep grinding away so my tires will wear better than those that love to spin tires and just keep spinning them but overall I like the tire and it works for how I drive my trucks. The tires are very well constructed and are farily heavy. The tires are ribbed inside so they don't just fold over even though the Snail Slime compound is soft. These are now my main tires for my Coyote an I run my Pit Bulls on my Ascender.

Last edited by wyd; 04-27-2019 at 04:34 AM.
Old 05-27-2019, 06:30 PM   #106
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyd View Post
I have had my Hustlers out a 3 or 4 times now and run now as my main tires on my Coyote. Overall they have worked well for me and they have very little tire wear (I mainly trail on a varity of terrains) and do 3 to 4 miles per run so I have about 12 plus miles on them so far. They work well in the dry, dirt, wooded trails and rocks. I don't trail run in mud or water so I don't have a report for those conditions. I'm easy on tires so if I'm spinning on rocks I don't just keep grinding away so my tires will wear better than those that love to spin tires and just keep spinning them but overall I like the tire and it works for how I drive my trucks. The tires are very well constructed and are farily heavy. The tires are ribbed inside so they don't just fold over even though the Snail Slime compound is soft. These are now my main tires for my Coyote an I run my Pit Bulls on my Ascender.
Thanks for the reply, I’m thinking of adding a set to the Class 1 LCG project I’m working on.👍🏼
dezfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2020, 11:17 AM   #107
Rock Crawler

TK421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2020, 12:01 PM   #108
Gold Star Baby!

I tried these because of the size. In my experience these were the worst tires I’ve paid for and ran, I admittedly didn’t spend a ton of time tuning foams, I tried the stock dual stage and something a little more firm, they just didn’t work nearly as well as any of my proline tires so I gave up on them pretty quick. I was using them on rocks and looking for a lot of grip that wasn’t there.

I’ve heard others like them though so it may have just been not right for my truck or bad foams.
Topher Builds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2020, 12:53 PM   #109
I wanna be Dave

I still have a set of the original 4.5"-ish sized ones. At first I liked them on the GMADE sawback. And it worked fine for that application.

As I started to run other heavier rigs on more challenging terrain where I'm located at, the tires seemed to start suffering what the Duratrax Deep Woods suffer from. Lugs that are too tall and soft. I kind of feel like these tires would perform better if the lugs weren't as tall.
soze is offline   Reply With Quote

Boomracing 1.9 Hustler tires - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
BoomRacing 2.2 Krait wheels snicklefritz Tires and Wheels 41 03-22-2017 10:40 AM
BoomRacing..Heavy Duty Bevel Helical Gear Set - 24T/13T Black SMFtwstdHICK Vaterra Ascender 9 12-24-2016 02:46 PM
Fitting JK Hardbody (Boomracing) om SCX10 (standard transmission) johnbarrettdenmark Paint and Body 12 07-18-2015 10:37 AM
What tires & Wheels for Hustler Super? hulmt Tires and Wheels 1 03-25-2010 11:25 PM