RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Tires and Wheels (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/tires-wheels/)
-   -   Proline Hyrax 2.2 Question (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/tires-wheels/583178-proline-hyrax-2-2-question.html)

magic_yeti 04-12-2017 07:25 AM

Proline Hyrax 2.2 Question

i have the hyrax 2.2“ and i like them. they are very sticky on the rocks, which is fine on the surface. but the tire sidewall hangs on rocks. is this something i could change with different foams?

And which foam shall i use instead of the foams that came with. CI DW (size?) CI DD (size? soft med?) or what else. i'm a little lost here.

Rig is an AX10 Scorpion (little Betty :) ) round 5lbs, UD Gears rear and standard front, tires vented. Main propose is crawling.

appreciate your help.

durok 04-12-2017 07:57 AM

Re: Proline Hyrax 2.2 Question

6" CI foams, usually a stiffer outer for the rear. DD type. Shave your sidewalls... Contact CI directly, they can assist more, weight of rig decides stiffness of foams, maybe softs up front, mediums rear.

magic_yeti 04-12-2017 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by durok (Post 5695501)
6" CI foams, usually a stiffer outer for the rear. DD type. Shave your sidewalls... Contact CI directly, they can assist more, weight of rig decides stiffness of foams, maybe softs up front, mediums rear.

Thx for your answer.
Do you mean sanding the treat pattern on the side down?
I mentioned looking at it, it's more hanging where no treat pattern is on the sidewall.

JatoTheRipper 04-12-2017 11:14 AM

I went with the ProLine dual stage foams. They're made for those tires...

WHITE-TRASH 04-12-2017 11:35 AM

6" dual stage soft front, medium rear. I have the same tires on the same weight rig. The tires are alright, I'd say they are better for general bashing than crawling but that opinion may change as I thrash on them more.

magic_yeti 04-12-2017 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper (Post 5695583)
I went with the ProLine dual stage foams. They're made for those tires...

are you referring these?
https://www.prolineracing.com/foam/2...-foam-inserts/

maybe i give them a try. will they fit with the stock kit beadlocks of the ax10 scorpion?

JatoTheRipper 04-12-2017 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by magic_yeti (Post 5695633)
are you referring these?
https://www.prolineracing.com/foam/2...-foam-inserts/

maybe i give them a try. will they fit with the stock kit beadlocks of the ax10 scorpion?

Yes, sir. They fit my Gear Head wheels. I'm not familiar with the Scorpion wheels, but they should fit.

magic_yeti 04-12-2017 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper (Post 5695635)
Yes, sir. They fit my Gear Head wheels. I'm not familiar with the Scorpion wheels, but they should fit.

Thx.I'm asking cause on my ssd rockracers (1.5") i had to use tuning discs using the ci dd 6.0 in my voodoo klr to get a suitable sidewall support, and the Axial 2.2 Rockster are 1,4" wide.

LSXGMC 04-12-2017 03:00 PM

The Proline dual stage foams in the 2.2 size are a little too big IMO. The inners are wider than CI so they dont shift around on the inner wheel ring which is nice. The best combo I found was using the Proline inner and CI DD outer (5.5"), but that means buying 2 sets of foams.

JatoTheRipper 04-12-2017 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LSXGMC (Post 5695704)
The Proline dual stage foams in the 2.2 size are a little too big IMO. The inners are wider than CI so they dont shift around on the inner wheel ring which is nice. The best combo I found was using the Proline inner and CI DD outer (5.5"), but that means buying 2 sets of foams.

The ProLine foams fit my wheels much better than the CI foams.

magic_yeti 04-13-2017 01:16 AM

Thx all. "thumbsup" I will give the proline foams a try 8). so i can compare them with the ci dd 6.0 i have for my little monster.

Casual_Style 10-14-2019 11:10 AM

I run hyrax2.2 with dual stage proline foams on SSD wheels with proline rings.
Unfortunately with stock one piece foam Bomber was better on crawling than dual foam.
I don’t know if proline ring of wheel is the reason,but dual foams are very big and pressed the tires with difficulty.
Now I ll get new wheels ssd (not for proline this time) to test them

SSD 10-14-2019 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Casual_Style (Post 5970089)
I run hyrax2.2 with dual stage proline foams on SSD wheels with proline rings.
Unfortunately with stock one piece foam Bomber was better on crawling than dual foam.
I don’t know if proline ring of wheel is the reason,but dual foams are very big and pressed the tires with difficulty.
Now I ll get new wheels ssd (not for proline this time) to test them

Internal rings are not going to make any difference to the foams fitting or foams being too big.