Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Tires and Wheels

Notices

Thread: Locked up RC ring mount options.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2017, 12:38 AM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Locked up RC ring mount options.

I googled my heart out. I can't seem to find any info if the standard Axial bead lock rings ( or Gear head delrin for that matter) will work with the Locked up RC easy mount wheels. They have the same bolt pattern but not sure how it works. Whats easy mount mean? Same as the plastic Axial wheels? Where there are six bolts on a side, or more like Vanquish. Mount one side and your only messing with one side per tire change?
Flim Flam is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-29-2017, 02:42 AM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: Locked up RC ring mount options.

I think Locked up RC easy mount rings means that 6 holes are just holes on the rings and the rest are threaded. That way you can easily mount the ring to the wheel by only affixing it with 6 bolts. The rest have holes that they slide into on the wheel so that you don't have to bolt them all on in order to mount the wheel.

Buy CNC custom wheels. Love mine. Yes axial beadlock wheel rings fit. CNC custom wheels are also compatible with locked up RC and motoworx rings

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk
excabswap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 03:07 AM   #3
Rock Stacker

Thanks for the help. Only problem with something like CNC if it's a Facebook only thing. It might not be but I don't see anything in a search other than that.

Last edited by Flim Flam; 04-29-2017 at 03:21 AM.
Old 04-29-2017, 08:30 AM   #4
SCALE PERFORMANCE PARTS

Yes,
Standard Axial rings should work with our wheels.

This is our latest wheel with an Axial ring bolted on:

I'm not sure about Gearhead working with our wheels or not.

Theirs may also work with Axial but feel I should mention....if theirs are slightly off in one direction and ours are the other way it could mean everything would be off enough that they may not line up as nicely as you'd like.
I don't think it's something you couldn't easily remedy with a little drill bit but I can't say they would be 100% compatible out of the box.
(I'm not saying theirs or ours are off but when you mix manufacturers sometimes it happens.)

That is indeed how "Easy Mount" works.

With our wheels you are able to run 7mm long hardware (or shorter) into the threaded holes in the ring that fall into open areas on the wheel. So those extra 18 screws are there just to make it look like a 1:1 and that way you don't have 24 screws to monkey with every time you want to do something.

If you run another manufacturers wheel (that is "Axial" pattern) and you want to use our rings, you'd need to go with our M2x1 scale hardware, or you'd need to cut the hardware to be flush with the back of the ring. It's not super complicated and we have a super old terrible resolution video on youtube about that. It's actually how we started selling our wheels & rings initially but you can do it yourself with some patience. Just be careful.

Another option would be to just buy 4 of our wheels because they come with the inner rings.
You could use those inner rings as outer rings (and use your axial rings for the inner rings).

Then one day, if the mood strikes you, pickup a set of our outer rings and you'd be good to go!

I hope that all helps.

Last edited by Locked Up; 04-29-2017 at 09:02 AM.
Locked Up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 03:33 PM   #5
Rock Stacker

Thanks that was very helpful.
Old 05-01-2017, 03:15 AM   #6
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flim Flam View Post
Thanks for the help. Only problem with something like CNC if it's a Facebook only thing. It might not be but I don't see anything in a search other than that.
CNC Custom Wheels is a one man shop. Yes, most of his stuff is done through FB but he also has an instagram. He makes wheel, posts them up, and they're sold in about an hour. He posts about 4-5 different sets per week.

Luckily I was able to snag a set. Love them. Currently using Motorworx rings. 1.9 HDX RINGS |

Here's my wheels:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater

Good luck!
excabswap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 07:31 AM   #7
Pebble Pounder

Definitely go with locked up wheels, the fit and finish is second to none! If your finances allow get a set of outer rings and scale bolts, you will not be disappointed.
Kaler is offline   Reply With Quote

Locked up RC ring mount options. - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2.2 and 1.9 Ring Options motoworx Vendors Tires and wheels 3 07-29-2015 04:19 PM
New Locked Up RC 1.9" beadlock ring option! Locked Up Locked Up RC 4 05-19-2013 08:04 PM
Locked Up RC - New Rift 1.9" Beadlock Ring! Locked Up Locked Up RC 1 01-21-2013 05:16 AM