Notices

Thread: 1.9 Goodyear MT/R

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-2018, 07:35 AM   #81
RCC Addict

Default Re: 1.9 Goodyear MT/R

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawhead View Post
Ok so I like the look and I retract an earlier comment about not liking the look due to the lack of side lugs and lugs facing opposite direction. Now, to conquer getting over how skinny they are. I think they’d look much better if they were 1/4” wider.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I guess we are just used to "out of scale" tires in the hobby.
On the bomber, I see TSL XL and hyrax everywhere but in the U4 races, the real bomber uses BFgoodrich baja t/a tires and they are skinny.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
Jboucher is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-29-2018, 11:45 AM   #82
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jboucher View Post
I guess we are just used to "out of scale" tires in the hobby.
On the bomber, I see TSL XL and hyrax everywhere but in the U4 races, the real bomber uses BFgoodrich baja t/a tires and they are skinny.

Some of us just like the look of a fatter tire too.
sawhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 11:51 AM   #83
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawhead View Post
Some of us just like the look of a fatter tire too.
Yeah i hear you, i still can't make up my mind between the duratrax deep woods and the RC4WD MT/R...

The eternal debate between scale and look which could be solved with more cash...

Old 03-31-2018, 08:02 PM   #84
RCC Addict

I got a few more hours on them today. Current foam setup is the stock foams from a 10.2 kit. They're a bit soft but they will do for now. I'm running them with the big lugs towards the outside.

Terrain was a mix of soft/silty dirt, a little mud, some wet and dry rock. and some loose dirt with small rocks. They do very well in loose stuff and they clean out very well (at least on the half with the big lugs). I like them for trail use but they still would not be in my top 5 for straight up rock crawling though. I'll be using them on the next G6 I go to.
Col_Sanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 11:59 AM   #85
Rock Crawler

So far I like them on my brushless powered Class 1 TRX-4 build. They’ve done well in the cold. Looking forward to putting more miles on them.

rm25x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 08:42 PM   #86
Quarry Creeper

Default 1.9 Goodyear MT/R

I put 3 hours on my 4.75” MTR. I’ve voiced my opinions previously and still don’t like the skinny tire look. They look good, I just wish they wider for my visual preference. I ran them against my son’s Gmade 1904 (which I am very impressed with and am most likely trading out my Hyraxs for!). We run woods trails 90% of the time. Lots of dirt, clay, leaf litter and logs. The MTR performed well regardless of one side of the rig having the lugs facing the opposite direction as I think they should lol. They climber over the logs, sidehilled and climbed up the steep dirt slopes just about as good as the 1904. Most everything took just a little more effort with the MTR though. Not enough that it’d make me dislike them at all. In the slightly sticky areas, the close together lugs didn’t stay cleaned out as expected. The wider spaced out lugs did stay cleaned out, again per what I expected. They climbed over the logs and roots and pulled the rig up the dirt hills better than I expected. I’d rank them up there with the 1904, Hyrax, TSL XL, KLR, Rock Beast XL and the RC4WD Iroks. I think these are all great tires and pending the lug style, all have their slight pros and cons over one another while none of them truly blow the others completely out of the water in any way. They are all very close in woods trailing performance as far as I have been able to tell.

Last edited by sawhead; 04-01-2018 at 08:44 PM.
sawhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 08:42 AM   #87
Quarry Creeper

I run on a mix of dirt and rock and these tires are one of the best I've ran so I bought the 2.2, 2 sets of 4.75 and 1.7s one of my 4.75 on an 8lb 10.2 is ripping between the voids. It's very geared down 10/64 on 10.2 kit tranny so I'm not hard on them. They are my fav tire so far but I'm wondering about the compound. Anyone else in the rock have this issue? I'm running narrow proline 2 stage foam.
AWraith build is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 01:59 PM   #88
Quarry Creeper

Getting a little bored of the monster truck 4.75"/1.9" trend, I just picked up a set of the 4.19"/1.9" version of these tires and can't wait to try them out. I'm curious about the foams everyone is using. I've seen some say they like the stock foams, but the ones that came with mine are white and feel like bricks. I picked up a slightly used set of RC4WD DC Mud Country tires that had softer, grey foams. I was going to try swapping in those, but they feel too soft for the MT/R tires.
Plus, I've seen some CI Lil Novas that are 4.0", but only with standard inners. Are these tires and foams so small a comp cut won't make much a difference?
How about the Pit Bull Dirty Richards? Anyone have experience with them?

TIA
Ironhide13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 02:03 PM   #89
I wanna be Dave

Stock foams work great.
lonleycreeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 02:12 PM   #90
RCC Addict

Can't beat crawler innovations.
I use the single stage lil'nova in my yeti Jr. Pretty sure the dual stage will work great in a crawler.

Old 06-10-2018, 02:43 PM   #91
I wanna be Dave

The stock new-composition white foams may feel stiff in your hands, but mounted up, work extremely well.

The grey foam is much too soft.

Remember, all foams break-in with use and become softer.
durok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 04:37 PM   #92
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jboucher View Post
Can't beat crawler innovations.
I use the single stage lil'nova in my yeti Jr. Pretty sure the dual stage will work great in a crawler.

Quote:
Originally Posted by durok View Post
The stock new-composition white foams may feel stiff in your hands, but mounted up, work extremely well.

The grey foam is much too soft.

Remember, all foams break-in with use and become softer.
Right, and after looking at some other reviews, I started to realize exactly what makes two-stages work so well.

After getting used to such soft foams elsewhere, the stock white just feels so stiff. But I went ahead and mounted them up, and I do think it gives the right amount of compression for grip. Now to get some wheel time!
Old 07-14-2018, 05:36 PM   #93
Quarry Creeper

Ordered a set of the 4.19 class 1 for my axial Blazer. Hope they work as good as the look
sgtlt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 10:58 AM   #94
wyd
Rock Crawler

I have the 1.9/4.75" version and just ordered some SSD 8 spoke white steel bead lock wheels and will be using the Proline blue molded foam inserts in the tires. I been using the blue molded inserts in my Hyrax tires and really like that insert with my tires. My feeling is it gives just the right amount of air gap in the tire and form. If these tires work anything like my Hyrax I will be very happy.
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 02:06 PM   #95
Rock Stacker

I’ve ran the 1.9 Goodyear Duratracs and now the MT/Rs 4.19” tires. I’m super happy with the MT/Rs and look great on the Wrangler body!

DavinG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 07:40 PM   #96
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavinG View Post
I’ve ran the 1.9 Goodyear Duratracs and now the MT/Rs 4.19” tires. I’m super happy with the MT/Rs and look great on the Wrangler body!

Whether it's the 1:1 tire design, the new foam from RC4WD, or the combo, I tried a set of the 4.19"/1.9" MT/Rs, and I was very impressed them. I lacked a little ground clearance from the C1 size tires and my shorter shocks, but if I got a tire to bite on an obstacle, I was still climbing things intended for C2 rigs.
Old 07-25-2018, 11:03 AM   #97
Quarry Creeper

Love these tires but the class 1 - 4.19 size I got look really tiny on my Scx10 Blazer, never even ran them. would sell them for $ 40 shipped. tires and foams. Pm me if interested
sgtlt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 11:19 AM   #98
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtlt View Post
Love these tires but the class 1 - 4.19 size I got look really tiny on my Scx10 Blazer, never even ran them. would sell them for $ 40 shipped. tires and foams. Pm me if interested
you know there's a For Sale sub-forum, right?
4RunnerKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 10:26 PM   #99
Oppan Gangnam Style

Poking around on the RC4WD website, I saw they have a new 1.9 MT/R. 4.7X1.87 compared to their taller(older) 4.75x1.62. Just curious why the slightly shorter/wider version? Still hoping for a 4.3-4.4 version as both these sizes are too big for a few of my builds and the 4.19 is too small. Anyone got any info on why a second size so close to the 4.75?
chino63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 11:40 PM   #100
I wanna be Dave

About a page back in this thread a few people discussed a desire for a wider model... maybe RC4WD are listening?
durok is offline   Reply With Quote

1.9 Goodyear MT/R - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Goodyear crawling spots? Catlover3178 Arizona 0 05-22-2013 05:29 PM
GoodYear Decals STANG KILLA SS Paint and Body 4 06-16-2012 10:17 AM
New here...Anyone around Goodyear azscott Arizona 9 03-21-2009 07:56 PM
Goodyear Wrangler MTRs blue95xj Tires and Wheels 7 10-15-2007 07:31 AM