Default Re: 1.9 Goodyear MT/R

Title of thread is 1.9" ?

I'm running 1.7" myself..........
durok is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-24-2019, 10:14 PM   #142
Rock Crawler

Thought I would share. Loaded up the 1.9 skinny MT/Rs on the UMG10. Really hated the high profile look.

So.... I also had the wide MT/Rs in 1.9, stretched them over some 2.2s and I had some closed cell foam that would work together with another section of open cell that fit perfectly. This is going to be epic. More to report. Not sure that these tires are better than rock beats, but the do look good and seem to pack with dirt realistically. This was a shakedown for new portals for this rig.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MeanTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 04:36 PM   #143
Rock Stacker

Anyone have issues mounting these up to beadlocks? Does sure if I need a more narrow wheel
LetsBash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 04:47 PM   #144
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsBash View Post
Anyone have issues mounting these up to beadlocks? Does sure if I need a more narrow wheel
I couldn't mount mine correctly with CI 6.0 foams
I ordered 5.5 foams and I will try again

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Jboucher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 09:23 PM   #145
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jboucher View Post
I couldn't mount mine correctly with CI 6.0 foams
I ordered 5.5 foams and I will try again

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
This is what I do to most of my factory foams.

I wanted to massage the new RC4wd foams and try before I go to the trouble of building 2 stage foams. So off to the wood lathe and router table.

Last step at the router table makes the mounting so much easier!
CODYBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 09:58 PM   #146
I wanna be Dave

I mounted up MT-Rs on some Element RTR plastic wheels with no trouble, I did cut my foams down in width first.

If you dont have a sweet foam router like Ernie has you can also use scissors to cut the chamfer on the inner edges to make mounting easier. Its not as pretty but works and you wont see the inconsistent shape once mounted since its on the inside.
HumboldtEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2019, 01:13 AM   #147
Rock Stacker

Got it fixed! I was just rushing and didnt fully mount the ring smh

I havent ran them yet but heres my initial review. The compound seems sticky but the foam is definitely stiff for a heavier car. I had some Chinese Hyrax Foams that I found to be a good match for the MTR 4.75" set. They were a little wider which you can tell but complimented the aired down look very well. Approx 40mm wide with stock Foam and now 45mm with the larger Foam. Excited to try these out on rock terrain as it feels perfect for that!

Old 09-11-2019, 06:57 PM   #148
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rm25x View Post

So far I like them on my brushless powered Class 1 TRX-4 build. They’ve done well in the cold. Looking forward to putting more miles on them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Those wheels and tires look great on your trx4. Are they the 1.9/4.19 tires? How does the truck perform with the smaller tires and lower COG?

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk
MaX-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2019, 12:55 PM   #149
I wanna be Dave

I tested a set of fresh 4.75 MT/Rs today (and Rock Beast XLs). Stock white foams. The tires felt sticky in hand, but I couldn't get them to grip rocks? They just kept sliding off rocks that I'm usually able to creep up with Pro-line BFG Krawlers in G8.

How long do these tires take to break-in? I guess I'll have to get some CI dual stage foams in 4.5 to see what they can do.
soze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2019, 05:22 PM   #150
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by soze View Post
I tested a set of fresh 4.75 MT/Rs today (and Rock Beast XLs). Stock white foams. The tires felt sticky in hand, but I couldn't get them to grip rocks? They just kept sliding off rocks that I'm usually able to creep up with Pro-line BFG Krawlers in G8.

How long do these tires take to break-in? I guess I'll have to get some CI dual stage foams in 4.5 to see what they can do.
I don't think the stock foam is ideal for anything other than packed dirt & woods. Check my post above to see what I swapped mine with. Overall SUPER STICKY, they have been doing well in CDM
Old 09-15-2019, 09:25 PM   #151
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
I don't think the stock foam is ideal for anything other than packed dirt & woods. Check my post above to see what I swapped mine with. Overall SUPER STICKY, they have been doing well in CDM
Ah, didn't notice you were a local. I have some of those foams you used, cool , I'll test it out.
Old 09-16-2019, 08:38 AM   #152
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by soze View Post

I think it takes a couple of runs to break in the tires and the foams. I don't have the 4.75s, but I have the 4.19" 1.9s and 1.55s, and they seem to great on all types of terrain for me. Granted, the rocks I have run on are pretty rough, so maybe the rocks you run on tend to be smoother than my experience.

I know it's not the same tread pattern as the Krawlers, but I recently ran the Proline 4.19" BFG KM3 in G8 and the 4.19" MT/Rs along the same trail, and I just did not get the bite on rock with the KM3s as I did the MT/Rs. This was only the 2nd run of the KM3s with stock Proline foam; the first run was on a lighter truck than the 2nd, so maybe they'll come in a little better soon.
Ironhide13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 09:23 AM   #153
I wanna be Dave

I have the KM3, but they just don't do as well as the Krawlers for me. I'll keep running the MT/Rs and hopefully break them in quickly.

1.9 Goodyear MT/R - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Goodyear crawling spots? Catlover3178 Arizona 0 05-22-2013 05:29 PM
GoodYear Decals STANG KILLA SS Paint and Body 4 06-16-2012 10:17 AM
New here...Anyone around Goodyear azscott Arizona 9 03-21-2009 07:56 PM
Goodyear Wrangler MTRs blue95xj Tires and Wheels 7 10-15-2007 07:31 AM