Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Tires and Wheels

Notices

Thread: Rc4wd rally wheels

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2017, 05:02 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Default Rc4wd rally wheels

Just figured I'd give a quick review of their new wheels. First off, wish they were 1.55's but beggars can't be choosers. They look spot on though. Awesome price point because they come with scale bolts and even hub caps pretty close to the real ones. Good enough to fool most except hardcore square body guys.

I've mounted both my stock vaterra tsl's and my new pit bull mad beasts with no problems at all. Didn't even need a long bolt to get them started. The "tool" they give you is junk and I ended up taking a 3mm bolt with 2.5mm head to use as a socket for the lug nuts and had no problems.

Here's some pictures on my ascender. I always painted my real ones a matching color and left the beauty rings off. Couldn't bring myself to scratch the newly painted wheels with the beauty rings so they stayed off. I like them like that anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Itali83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-12-2017, 10:14 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Rc4wd rally wheels

Dang, those look great painted red and beauty ring left off! We always disliked the rings and left them off too. How's the offset on these wheels?
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 10:26 AM   #3
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natedog View Post
Dang, those look great painted red and beauty ring left off! We always disliked the rings and left them off too. How's the offset on these wheels?
Thanks Nate! The offset seems centered. They don't stick out anymore than the GCM aluminum slots I have for the truck. Can't wait to try out the new tires too.

Ben
Old 10-12-2017, 10:29 AM   #4
I wanna be Dave

You're welcome, you painted them up very nicely and great choice for the Jimmy! Centered offset is good news, they look about same as my wagon wheels in offset. I can't wait to hear your report and see pictures.
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 11:06 AM   #5
RCC Addict

I want to like these, I really do. But they made such a critical error in making them 1.9's that I have such a hard time with them. The RC4WD Blazer body is 9.08:1, which makes a 1.9 wheel 17.25". However, a 1.7" wheel works out to 15.43". This would have looked so much better, but the issue is the lack of 1.7" tires. You could run 1.55's on them though which are actually going to be closer to a scale tire anyways. Anything on a 1.9" wheel would, in the 1:1 world, likely require beadlock wheels and a lot of fender trimming.

Regardless, you did a nice paint job and they look good on your build.
LSXGMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 03:44 PM   #6
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSXGMC View Post
I want to like these, I really do. But they made such a critical error in making them 1.9's that I have such a hard time with them. The RC4WD Blazer body is 9.08:1, which makes a 1.9 wheel 17.25". However, a 1.7" wheel works out to 15.43". This would have looked so much better, but the issue is the lack of 1.7" tires. You could run 1.55's on them though which are actually going to be closer to a scale tire anyways. Anything on a 1.9" wheel would, in the 1:1 world, likely require beadlock wheels and a lot of fender trimming.

Regardless, you did a nice paint job and they look good on your build.
Thank you. Totally agree on the 1.9's being Too big. Oh well. I'm not a fan of big tires too. I love my 4.5" vaterra tsl's and wanted to try the braven Ironsides but can't wait until 2020 when they finally come out. So these are advertised at like 4.65" and figured I'd try them. I'm getting used to my 1.55" rock beasts that are just a tick under 4" with foams and really liking the small tire thing. Oh well, I wanted to try some new tires to make life interesting and wanted another set of beadlocks to make tire testing easy and these came out so I grabbed them.

Ben
Old 10-12-2017, 08:06 PM   #7
RCC Addict

I would've rather them be 1.55's as well but they don't look too bad with a small diameter tire. I love the width.

Killa-Cotton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 12:42 PM   #8
~THE SCALE SHOP~

wow those look awesome left raw just the way they came.
STANG KILLA SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 03:24 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killa-Cotton View Post
I would've rather them be 1.55's as well but they don't look too bad with a small diameter tire. I love the width.

Killa,

What tires are these ? They look good, any issue mounting them?
kevman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 08:01 PM   #10
Oppan Gangnam Style

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevman1 View Post
Killa,

What tires are these ? They look good, any issue mounting them?

Sidewall says Dick Cepek Extreme Country so... RC4WD
chino63 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rc4wd rally wheels - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Rally wheels? Alexander_0_1 Vaterra Ascender 9 07-15-2015 11:42 AM
Losi Rally Pro 4 + Traxxas rally wheels jeepgeek2002 Rally 1 01-05-2015 06:10 AM