Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Tires and Wheels

Notices

Thread: Braven Ironsides

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2017, 07:29 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Default Braven Ironsides

Who's got them, what do you think of them? What foams are you using? Are they that much better than the og rock beasts or growlers? Kinda want a set but figured I'd ask. Thanks!

Ben
Itali83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-06-2017, 08:23 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: Braven Ironsides

I have had my eye on these tires as well. I too would like to hear from someone who has used them.
Inspector86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 03:31 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

I have driven a friends truck with these and was quite impressed. His rig weighs just over 8lbs on the stock foams. Plenty of grip, although the tread blocks are close enough together I'd be willing to bet they're difficult to clean out without significant wheel speed.

I was impressed enough with them to consider them as a Class 1 tire. The siping on these really lets them behave like a pin tire on the rocks
DrewHammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 04:45 PM   #4

Ive got a set of these under the Christmas tree. Will be a while before I can try them out but I really like the scale look they will bring to my K5 ascender! I haven't been able to find much in the way of reviews for these tires. Im guessing they may not get a lot of use under peoples rigs until spring.
Big VIV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 05:37 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

From my TF2 thread:

A few days ago, I received my set of Pit Bull Braven Ironsides. They are soft, sticky, and nicely designed. They don't really say "UTV tire" to me, they could easily pass for an all-terrain/mud terrain hybrid as a full size tire. Unlike Pitbull's other tires that come with the firmer foam, I thought the included foam was much too big for the Ironsides. A set of dual stage foams were cobbled together from a CI 4.25 inner foam and the outer foam from a 1.55 Growler stock foam. Also unlike typical Pit Bull tires, these ones seem to be small for their size spec. At a listed 4.19 inches tall, they are shorter than both the 1.55 Growlers and 4.19 KLRs while only being slightly taller than the 3.85 inch 1.55 Rock Beasts. A set of Incision Method wheels were used as tire holders.

Traction was immediate and impressive. The tread pattern grabs on everything and the Alien compound is supremely sticky. They are on the fast track to becoming my favorite tiny tire.

I have ran the 1.55 Growlers extensively and the Ironsides are immediately better in every situation I have encountered.
svt923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 09:03 PM   #6
RCC Addict

I just got mine in the mail today and just feeling them and dragging them across the plywood workbench they seem very sticky. I mounted up 2 and think the stock foams are too big as well. First time I had a hard time mounting tires because the foams are just too big. They seem super firm and the truck I'm putting them on is around 7lbs so not super heavy. I'm debating on running them in hopes that pitbull did their homework and these tires like a stiff foam or try to do better with some CI foams. Might just run them for a baseline and go from there. I also really like the looks of them and don't think they look out of place on a truck that could do both street Duty and off road duty.

Ben
Old 12-18-2017, 09:41 PM   #7
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itali83 View Post
I just got mine in the mail today and just feeling them and dragging them across the plywood workbench they seem very sticky. I mounted up 2 and think the stock foams are too big as well. First time I had a hard time mounting tires because the foams are just too big. They seem super firm and the truck I'm putting them on is around 7lbs so not super heavy. I'm debating on running them in hopes that pitbull did their homework and these tires like a stiff foam or try to do better with some CI foams. Might just run them for a baseline and go from there. I also really like the looks of them and don't think they look out of place on a truck that could do both street Duty and off road duty.

Ben
Hey Ben, I thought the thing on the stock foams, so I put these in mine and I think they are a perfect fit.

Crawler Innovations Deuce's Wild Single Stage for 1.9 Tires 3.85-4.19 Tall Foam Pair (2)
Ernie
CODYBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 05:23 AM   #8
RCC Addict

Thanks Ernie. I will keep those foams bookmarked for sure. I think I'm going to give the stock foams a try just 'cause. I will vent the tires with one hole like I always do though.

Ben
Old 01-17-2018, 08:03 PM   #9
RCC Addict

Ordered a set. Wonder if I'll get them.
If they are shorter than KLR's or Hyraxs I would have rather had them instead. Short tires will drag the chassis on everything.
Browneye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 11:42 PM   #10

Looks like it has a good mud traction. I like it.
nezumiblak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 02:33 AM   #11
Rock Crawler

I'm also very happy with their performance, but disappointed with the size. I think they were advertised as being taller than the pbx, but in fact they are microscopic.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
tjohanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 05:02 PM   #12
RCC Addict

I ran them a few times on the rig I have designated for Class1. IMO that is the only reason to run tiny tires. The chassis drags on everything, it gets stuck on rocks, etc. The tires get good traction, but a 4.5-4.7 tire just performs SO much better. Even the C1 courses are setup super easy for the super-scale rigs. It's in a class by itself.
Browneye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 05:56 PM   #13
I wanna be Dave

I've got a set of the 1.55 Pitbull Braven Berserkers mounted on RC4WD 1.55 whitespokes, perfect size and the rubber is a great compound. I can feel the grip of the tires just running my finger across the tread. Looks great and I agree with SVT that they look very scale like an AT tire for 1:1! Mine do awesome on the rocks (mostly granite here), not great in loose dirt/sand but they are narrow and the tread blocks are kinda tightly spaced so that is to be expected, they are not Swampers. They are on my TF2 and staying there, size, looks, everything is perfect imo.
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 06:29 AM   #14
I wanna be Dave

I have a set of the 1.9's and the 1.5's. I haven't ran the 1.5's yet but I can say that 1.9's are very impressive. They have a really nice shape when mounted and take little to no throttle to hook up. I own quite a few of the top small 1.9 tires and if I were going to run a comp I would have these on the rig!
Bananaclip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 06:15 PM   #15
I wanna be Dave

TF2 made this climb with a little careful steering and light throttle, Berserkers rock! I have not soaked or specially prepped the tires in any way, trying stock single stage open cell foams that came with the tires. Did need to gently radius front of cut fenders to clear tires at full stuff.
1.55s

Last edited by Natedog; 08-08-2018 at 06:19 PM.
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 07:41 AM   #16
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natedog View Post
TF2 made this climb with a little careful steering and light throttle, Berserkers rock! I have not soaked or specially prepped the tires in any way, trying stock single stage open cell foams that came with the tires. Did need to gently radius front of cut fenders to clear tires at full stuff.
1.55s

I love this capture!
Bananaclip is offline   Reply With Quote

Braven Ironsides - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
In Stock - Pit Bull RC Braven Ironside Tires! RPP Hobby RPP Hobby 0 11-01-2017 11:26 AM
New Pit Bull Tires Braven Ironside 1.9 Tires - Open for Pre-order! RPP Hobby RPP Hobby 1 08-02-2017 10:37 AM