Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Problems with the Pit Bull RC store and its tires.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2018, 10:10 AM   #1

Default Problems with the Pit Bull RC store and its tires.

They know that I'm really new in the forum and that I publish little, I almost do not have time and when I can I've left some pictures of my cars. Unfortunately they were too big and I have been told that they have been removed, I will put them back but smaller.

Well that has nothing to do with what I'm going to tell. The problem really lies with the Pit Bull RC tire shop.

As some may know 4 weeks ago this store made a 50% promotion on their tires. Specifically, it was this:

https://www.facebook.com/pitbullxrc/...97457450455584

Well I bought a Rock Beast 1.9 XL, the payment was correct through PayPal and I can show that there is no problem for that part. The problem is that the days passed and this store did not give notice of the shipment, enter Facebook and many more were in them.

A few days after trying to get in touch with them they published the following note:

https://www.facebook.com/pitbullxrc/...98443537023642

Well then they commented that they would have Stock again from January 10th.

We are at 16 and have not complied, I still do not have my tires and it's been 4 weeks.

I communicate this here to know if there are more affected like me.

I apologize if it is not in the right place, but I ask that it not be deleted to inform people of what is happening.
Mir2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-16-2018, 10:21 AM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: Problems with the Pit Bull RC store and its tires.

Have you actually CALLED PitBull and talked to someone? I suspect they were overwhelmed with the 50% discount offer to the point that they sold out of inventory. I know I purchased a set of 1.9 Rock Beasts and they arrived about two weeks after ordering. I would assume they have to wait for their shipments to arrive from over seas which can be delayed by any number of circumstances. It does you no good to come on here and complain, you need to contact PitBull and talk to a real person to find out when they expect their shipment to arrive and when they will ship your order.
Inspector86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 10:26 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspector86 View Post
Have you actually CALLED PitBull and talked to someone? I suspect they were overwhelmed with the 50% discount offer to the point that they sold out of inventory. I know I purchased a set of 1.9 Rock Beasts and they arrived about two weeks after ordering. I would assume they have to wait for their shipments to arrive from over seas which can be delayed by any number of circumstances. It does you no good to come on here and complain, you need to contact PitBull and talk to a real person to find out when they expect their shipment to arrive and when they will ship your order.
He contacted them via email. That is enough. The ball is in Pitbull's court.

There's another thread that covers this issue here: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/vater...tire-sale.html

I also contacted Pitbull for an update on my month-old order and this is what I received:

"Update on Back ordered items:

Due to unforeseen shipping time, our backordered items are still being held at a port in California. We have had these items on order for quite a while and originally expected them in the last week of December. We are trying to get the shipment in here as soon as possible, but at this point the time frame is beyond our control. We sincerely want to thank you for your patience, as we know you have been waiting for your items. Be assured, we will be in contact with you as soon as the items arrive at our warehouse.

Sincerely,

Pit Bull Customer Service Team"
JatoTheRipper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 10:29 AM   #4

If I have created this message it is to ask other people if they are in the same situation as me.

Obviously of course I have contacted them, I have written several emails and I have written several messages through Facebook and I HAVE NOT HAD ANY RESPONSE. I can not call by phone for the schedules and because my English are Google translations.

Do not think that I have created the message in order to defame anyone, on the contrary, I repeat, ask if there are more people like me.

We have no other news, they have not left any notes on Facebook or on your page. Or at least this is my case.

As I understand and being from another country, the tires are not easy to get and are very expensive without counting the shipping costs, because I have retained almost € 80 and that is why I am worried.
Old 01-16-2018, 10:31 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post

There's another thread that covers this issue here: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/vater...tire-sale.html

I also contacted Pitbull for an update on my month-old order and this is what I received:

Due to unforeseen shipping time, our backordered items are still being held at a port in California. We have had these items on order for quite a while and originally expected them in the last week of December. We are trying to get the shipment in here as soon as possible, but at this point the time frame is beyond our control. We sincerely want to thank you for your patience, as we know you have been waiting for your items. Be assured, we will be in contact with you as soon as the items arrive at our warehouse.

Sincerely,

THANKS SO MUCH

Can you believe that I have not been sent and responded to any email?
Old 01-16-2018, 10:35 AM   #6
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post

Sincerely,

If the tires are at the port of cal, does that mean pit bulls are made in China ? I always thought they were an American made tire, I learn something new everyday .
Frank211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 10:39 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank211 View Post
If the tires are at the port of cal, does that mean pit bulls are made in China ? I always thought they were an American made tire, I learn something new everyday .
Pitbull tires are made in Asia. They export the manufacturing to pass on the savings to their pockets. We know it's not the consumers because they are the most expensive tires on the market.
Old 01-16-2018, 01:25 PM   #8
I wanna be Dave

Get some P.L. TSL XLs, IMO better tires and they don't bend you over..........
travis c. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 02:00 PM   #9
RCC Addict

They're made in Taiwan IIRC. Otherwise I do think it's odd to do these promotions and get absolutely swamped in orders to the point you can't even reliably tell people when they'll get their product. I got some 2.2 Rock Beasts last time and they shipped within a week of the order so surprisingly the whole thing went pretty normal for half off tires.
Sneetches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 02:07 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneetches View Post
They're made in Taiwan IIRC. Otherwise I do think it's odd to do these promotions and get absolutely swamped in orders to the point you can't even reliably tell people when they'll get their product. I got some 2.2 Rock Beasts last time and they shipped within a week of the order so surprisingly the whole thing went pretty normal for half off tires.
Same here. I got the 2.2 rock beasts and a set of foams. They shipped the first or 2nd business day after I placed the order. Great product for the money when you're buying 1/2 off, even if you have to wait! Of course, if the product is back ordered, they damned well should tell you that when you're ordering.
Jim85IROC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 03:08 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by travis c. View Post
Get some P.L. TSL XLs, IMO better tires and they don't bend you over..........
That's why I run Proline tires for the most part and only buy Pitbulls during the 25% off and 50% off sales. People that pay full price are high.
Old 01-16-2018, 06:29 PM   #12
Quarry Creeper

Wish I knew about the Half off sale... Id have picked up another set of XL's for sure... Let me know if anyone wants me to buy them out of their 1/2 off deal, I'm a patient man, I can wait... I'd be looking for 1.9 RBXL's
Lanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 05:05 PM   #13
Quarry Creeper

I’d rather just buy them for cheap after someone else pays full price for them and puts them up for sale in the forums

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
sawhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 07:53 PM   #14
RCC Addict

Ah crap, wished I'd known they weren't a regular retailer - I just ordered 2 sets of tires this weekend on the half off. If I can't get them then there's no point. I wouldn't have bothered, just would have got PL's.

Guess we'll see.

For OP...just gotta be patient. Or cancel and request a refund and order something else.

The reputable retailers indicate 'stock' or 'out of stock' so you can decide to wait or not. If in stock they ship same or next day. Not this 'take massive orders then wait and see if we can fill them' BS. Geebus.

I'll be surprised if they stand everybody up. I can't believe they would run it like that, but you never know.
Browneye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 08:15 PM   #15
I joined the Band!

So much winning, I’m tired of all the winning. Hahahahahahahah

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
spaceman5280 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 08:55 AM   #16
Quarry Creeper

I ordered a set of Ironsides and a set of 1.5 RB's Saturday 50% off. Just received email notification that they are showing up today I have ordered numerous sets directly from PB and have never had a problem getting them..
doubler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 08:59 AM   #17
owner, Holmes Hobbies LLC

Their full size line is made in the US. The R/C tires are made in taiwan.
JohnRobHolmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 09:08 AM   #18
Go Buckeyes!

I ordered a set of 1.9 Growlers in December with the first 50% of sale and received them a week later. Just ordered a set of 2.2 Rockbeast Alien Compound this past Saturday and just received my shipment notice this morning. Guess I'm one of the lucky ones!
B-MOW71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 09:24 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-MOW71 View Post
I ordered a set of 1.9 Growlers in December with the first 50% of sale and received them a week later. Just ordered a set of 2.2 Rockbeast Alien Compound this past Saturday and just received my shipment notice this morning. Guess I'm one of the lucky ones!
Those aren't one of the popular tires therefore it's not backordered.
Old 01-18-2018, 10:25 AM   #20
I wanna be Dave

Too late to the party. Did t know about the sale and the PRESIDENT50 no worky. Oh well maybe next time cause not paying $80 for 1.55's.

To the OP, hope you get some resolution.
cmbscx10 is offline   Reply With Quote

Problems with the Pit Bull RC store and its tires. - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Pit Bull Tires Braven Ironside 1.9 Tires - Open for Pre-order! RPP Hobby RPP Hobby 1 08-02-2017 10:37 AM
Do I Drill holes in Tires? Double Deuces foam and Pit Bull Tires. Mayday! Axial Wraith 17 03-19-2015 09:11 AM
Thank You Pit Bull tires. Krakker Tires and Wheels 3 07-30-2010 08:40 PM