Thread: Vanquish is on Fire!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2018, 05:34 PM   #21
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Vanquish is on Fire!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
There's always one.

Yes there's always one and when it comes to VP it's you more often than not.
WHITE-TRASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-13-2018, 05:36 PM   #22
20K Club

These wheels aren’t for everyone, and neither our the aluminum wheels. But if you think there isn’t a market for these, well then you don’t understand the mass market. The good news is that you aren’t paid to know that though

The reasoning is that they allow for a set of beadlocks to be had for $50 with the option of adjustable hubs included and other aftermarket options if those don’t suit you. It is also a product that hobby shops and online stores can stock on their shelves for resale to customers unlike the Chinese wheels.

These wheels are made in Taiwan, like the shocks. We don’t have injection molding machines here.
Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 06:07 PM   #23
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley View Post
These wheels aren’t for everyone, and neither our the aluminum wheels. But if you think there isn’t a market for these, well then you don’t understand the mass market. The good news is that you aren’t paid to know that though

The reasoning is that they allow for a set of beadlocks to be had for $50 with the option of adjustable hubs included and other aftermarket options if those don’t suit you. It is also a product that hobby shops and online stores can stock on their shelves for resale to customers unlike the Chinese wheels.

These wheels are made in Taiwan, like the shocks. We don’t have injection molding machines here.
Speaking of knowing the market, you better be coming out with green beadlocks again...hehehehehe..... not sure you could even keep those stocked if you did. But you might upset some of the unicorn collectors. But for a dude like me, I would love a set of green methods to go with my green color scheme.

Justin's "WARCRC U4RC Series" Axial Yeti

Justinart24's Sportsman Crawler (5th Dimension Sucker Punch)
justinart24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 06:48 PM   #24
RCC Addict

The only thing metal on my Bombers beadlocks are the hardware and SLW hub

I like the new Incision beadlocks. Great for a factory glue on replacement on a new RTR or the weight conscious build!
gottorque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 07:06 PM   #25
RCC Addict

Nice looking wheels. Seeing how they hold up will be key. Proline wheels aren't cheap, as is basically anything in this hobby. Explain the pricing for any of it. Recouping the investment in the first year I suppose. The thing will most likely come out of this, knock-offs like the aluminum wheels. Best kind of flattery I suppose. Gotta look into those shocks.
MAC FAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 07:30 PM   #26
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC FAB View Post
Nice looking wheels. Seeing how they hold up will be key. Proline wheels aren't cheap, as is basically anything in this hobby. Explain the pricing for any of it. Recouping the investment in the first year I suppose. The thing will most likely come out of this, knock-offs like the aluminum wheels. Best kind of flattery I suppose. Gotta look into those shocks.
I'm looking forward to people getting them and running them. For someone running hex spinning power that may wear them out over time, the option to go to an aluminum hub should be a bonus. Also the reinforcing washer around the hub screws should help from the pulling through issue that you can find on plastic wheels with bolt on hubs.

Old 03-13-2018, 08:09 PM   #27
RCC Addict

Quote:
Josh,
Any chance that you guys might offer the 2.2 Method 105s in grey/black like you do with the 1.9 Method 105s?

Last edited by Inspector86; 03-13-2018 at 08:38 PM.
Inspector86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 08:52 PM   #28
RCC Addict

Quote:
I'm looking forward to people getting them and running them. For someone running hex spinning power that may wear them out over time, the option to go to an aluminum hub should be a bonus. Also the reinforcing washer around the hub screws should help from the pulling through issue that you can find on plastic wheels with bolt on hubs.

In my circles, its the screws holding the plastic wheels together. Proline. U4 will be the test, faster, heavier rigs. Somebody needs to make some with a larger bolt circle for those of us who run beefy axles. Open it up to 15 or 17mm centers. Larger hubs. I'll continue to rub a lamp for that.
Old 03-13-2018, 09:51 PM   #29
Rock Crawler

Looks great to me!! I build ALOT of rigs and is very good to have many great options such as this!
distinctive pd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 09:55 PM   #30
I wanna be Dave

Hoping the beadlock ring is the same bolt pattern as the old Axials, that means you can pretty them up with aftermarket rings from, say, LURC...

Put a wide enough ring on 'em and no-one will notice you're running plastic, anyway!
durok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 12:10 AM   #31
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC FAB View Post
In my circles, its the screws holding the plastic wheels together. Proline. U4 will be the test, faster, heavier rigs. Somebody needs to make some with a larger bolt circle for those of us who run beefy axles. Open it up to 15 or 17mm centers. Larger hubs. I'll continue to rub a lamp for that.
Most people are more concerned with the looks, and a larger pattern means less area to show the design.
Old 03-14-2018, 06:41 AM   #32

My biggest gripe with forking over $50 for plastic wheels is that once I trash the hex, I'm out $50. This design allows for an aluminum center piece, so I think your investment is a little safer, or at the very least, you can just replace the center section and not lose your whole investment. Good design.

Last edited by Jim85IROC; 03-14-2018 at 06:56 AM.
Jim85IROC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 06:43 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duuuuuuuude View Post
Lots of people. I sold a crap ton of them.
I remember. You made custom, plastic beadlock wheels back when the plastic wheel field wasn't nearly as flooded. It made sense.

You sold the company and then the next owner quickly shuttered it. Is that correct? I don't see it in operation anymore.

Quote:

You're right. I'm not in marketing. It's just odd, to me, to enter a crowded market of plastic wheels. And in my experience I rarely see plastic wheels out in the wild. Apparently some people are buying them I just don't know who.

I'd like to know how you justify the costs of your shocks and wheels.

Let's start with the shocks. First, what's the OD of the shock body?

In the past Vanquish justified the above average pricing with the Made in the USA claim. In this case that's out the window since these products are made in Taiwan. These shocks are priced at $50 for 2 which puts them right up against the top of the line Proline PowerStroke shocks. Will they be as good as the PowerStrokes?

Last edited by JatoTheRipper; 03-14-2018 at 06:51 AM.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 06:56 AM   #34
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
These shocks are priced at $50 for 2 which puts them right up against the top of the line Proline PowerStroke shocks. Will they be as good as the PowerStrokes?

And kyosho velvets. I guess only long term testing with a lot of users can tell if the will perform or not.

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk
Johan_Eriksson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 08:15 AM   #35
RCC Addict

I'm not here to bash, also talking shocks in the tire section, but I agree with Jato on the shocks, won't be on my rigs. Neither will the Powerstrokes for that matter. If you had longer lengths that others don't already offer, that may be another story, you would posess the unobtanium and could price accordingly. No licensing $$$$$$$$ on these either, right? It should be interesting to see how the threaded shock bodies hold up. Good idea with the set screw. Anyhow, VP has a loyal following, you make high quality parts, so many peeps will purchase these for sure, as to have the latest and greatest VP product. All is good.

Last edited by MAC FAB; 03-14-2018 at 05:29 PM.
Old 03-14-2018, 05:21 PM   #36
Suck it up!

Quote:
I remember. You made custom, plastic beadlock wheels back when the plastic wheel field wasn't nearly as flooded. It made sense.
I made them out of plastic only because it was the only material I could reasonably work with.

The actual selling points were fresh designs and nearly any width and offset you wanted. I had no idea what the market for plastic wheels was at that time.

Quote:
You sold the company and then the next owner quickly shuttered it. Is that correct? I don't see it in operation anymore.
He's still doing small parts. I would guess that the wheels were too time consuming.
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 05:28 PM   #37
Suck it up!

Quote:
I'd like to know how you justify the costs of your shocks and wheels.

In the past Vanquish justified the above average pricing with the Made in the USA claim. In this case that's out the window since these products are made in Taiwan.
There's value in customer service. That service has to be factored into retail pricing.

And, just because it's made overseas doesn't mean it was made on the cheap.

I'm currently awaiting an order I placed two weeks ago from a place that sells inexpensive parts. They've managed to screw up 4 or 5 times since I gave them my money and still haven't shipped anything. I didn't pay much, so I didn't expect much, but definitely more than what I've gotten so far.
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 05:36 PM   #38
RCC Addict

Harley, consider this idea. Make wheels in 2.2 format, and build them so the face could be attached to either straight thru 2.2 beadlock or have a short course back half option. One wheel does both rigs. Injection molded. You'll sell them like hotcakes, you've already got the licensing. $50 for 4 will sell all day long. Just a thought.
Old 03-14-2018, 06:44 PM   #39
Quarry Creeper

I really like the hub cab cover and overall design, but my brain hates wheels with an even number of spokes.
angrchair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 08:06 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duuuuuuuude View Post
There's value in customer service. That service has to be factored into retail pricing.

And, just because it's made overseas doesn't mean it was made on the cheap.

I'm currently awaiting an order I placed two weeks ago from a place that sells inexpensive parts. They've managed to screw up 4 or 5 times since I gave them my money and still haven't shipped anything. I didn't pay much, so I didn't expect much, but definitely more than what I've gotten so far.
Well now, things made in Asia can be quality?! You don't say. I've known that for a while. A lot of the VP fans early on said it's crap if it's not made in America. Remember those funny debates?

Proline, Kyosho, etc. have amazing shocks and amazing customer service. Vanquish is making it so they have a lot to live up to with these shocks with their pricing.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote

Vanquish is on Fire! - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Help!Fire! 72chevyrs10 Redcat Crawlers 5 04-01-2013 10:18 PM
Fire!!!!! The Violator Past RCCA qualifiers 11 03-31-2012 02:03 PM
My First Fire hibbs Electronics 2 01-17-2012 07:45 PM
F1 fire up Scattman Chit Chat 1 04-24-2006 09:53 PM